• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

steak

how do you like your steak?

• Total voters

Aurora151989

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
silly poll, just want to see something

made it multiple choice in case people like it more than one way

Last edited:
I'll eat liver before I eat steak.

heh, I hear you, there's some cuts of meat I don't care for, I won't eat T-bone steak

I don't care for plain pork chops either, give me some applesauce and it's fine

Filet mignon, not bacon-wrapped, a good bit of cracked black pepper, medium.:)

ewwww, why? Liver is the filter of an animal, no one should eat it.

And steak is only done right when it's done rare.

I prefer medium-well or as I call it "fully cooked"

Medium to medium rare. I don't want it bloody, that just grosses me out. But a little pink is good.

And I love liver. :) I used to freak out waitresses in restaurants when I was a kid by ordering liver and onions.

People and the liver....it's got to stop! We don't need to eat that stuff anymore, there are multivitamins. Do the job great. You don't want to eat the filter of an animal...it's got all sorts of nasties in it. Organ meat...it's not what's for dinner!

People and the liver....it's got to stop! We don't need to eat that stuff anymore, there are multivitamins. Do the job great. You don't want to eat the filter of an animal...it's got all sorts of nasties in it. Organ meat...it's not what's for dinner!

I don't like it, but mankind has eaten liver & survived the millenia.....;)
I'd wager there is far worse things in what you eat every day.....;)

You forgot cooked "black and blue", and "pittsburgh"

IMG_1584.jpg

NY Strip, "pittsburgh".....

I don't like it, but mankind has eaten liver & survived the millenia.....;)
I'd wager there is far worse things in what you eat every day.....;)

They ate it at a time when they could derive nutritional value from it and that nutritional value outweighed the negatives which are in it. Now we have vitamins so we don't have to eat it, thus now the negatives outweigh the positives.

:mrgreen:
I used to love liver until DH pointed out to me, 27 years ago, that it's akin to eating an oil filter.;)

They ate it at a time when they could derive nutritional value from it and that nutritional value outweighed the negatives which are in it. Now we have vitamins so we don't have to eat it, thus now the negatives outweigh the positives.

How many documented cases are there of liver failure from eating liver?......:mrgreen:
Like I said, I don't eat it because I don't like it, but if I did, your arguement wouln't stop me.....;)

How many documented cases are there of liver failure from eating liver?......:mrgreen:
Like I said, I don't eat it because I don't like it, but if I did, your arguement wouln't stop me.....;)

It doesn't cause liver failure, it causes a build up of toxins in the body which are not expelled and can over time (given enough consumption) negatively affect the chemistry of the body. It's like mercury poison. Sure, you're not going to get it from eating one can of tuna....but eat enough and you will. It doesn't get passed out of the body, most of it is fat soluble, thus the toxins are stored in the body.

What about liver from an animal that has eaten nothing all its life except fine beer. That's GOTTA be tasty, right?

kaos-animal-cow-smiley-6119.gif
:beer:

What about liver from an animal that has eaten nothing all its life except fine beer. That's GOTTA be tasty, right?

kaos-animal-cow-smiley-6119.gif
:beer:

Mmmmm Cirrhosis

It doesn't cause liver failure, it causes a build up of toxins in the body which are not expelled and can over time (given enough consumption) negatively affect the chemistry of the body. It's like mercury poison. Sure, you're not going to get it from eating one can of tuna....but eat enough and you will. It doesn't get passed out of the body, most of it is fat soluble, thus the toxins are stored in the body.

What if you are fit trim and rich like the Good Reverend, and don't have much in the way of fat cells? :mrgreen:

What if you are fit trim and rich like the Good Reverend, and don't have much in the way of fat cells? :mrgreen:

Well unless you can metabolize the toxins, they will most likely be stored. There's plenty of fat on a human body, even fit people. You need some amount of fat.

The only negative things about eating liver is the cholesterol and possibly over doing it on the vitamin intake if you eat too much of it.

The only toxins you'd have to worry about is if you don't eat organic meat and elect to eat meat from cows that have been pumped full of drugs.

The only negative things about eating liver is the cholesterol and possibly over doing it on the vitamin intake if you eat too much of it.

The only toxins you'd have to worry about is if you don't eat organic meat and elect to eat meat from cows that have been pumped full of drugs.

I prefer organic meats whenever I can procure. :thumbs:

Not everyone can eat "organic" meat. (God I hate that movement...took a good idea and made it completely irrational). And it doesn't matter organic or not since there are plenty of toxins created in the body which have to be filtered out, that's why there's a liver in the first place. If being "organic" meant that there was nothing in the blood which needed to be filtered, we wouldn't have evolved a liver in the first place.

Not everyone can eat "organic" meat. (God I hate that movement...took a good idea and made it completely irrational). And it doesn't matter organic or not since there are plenty of toxins created in the body which have to be filtered out, that's why there's a liver in the first place. If being "organic" meant that there was nothing in the blood which needed to be filtered, we wouldn't have evolved a liver in the first place.

When I mean organic, I mean local farm, small farm estates, etc... :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom