• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S.-born Al-Qaida spokesman caught

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Source; MSNBC
Date; March 7, 2010

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Adam Yahiye Gadahn, a California-born spokesman for al-Qaida, has been captured in Pakistan, government sources said Sunday.

The word came from sources cited by The Associated Press and Pakistani news Web sites.

An intelligence source confirmed the reports to NBC News, and photographs supplied to NBC of the detained suspect corroborated the accounts.

Sources: U.S.-born Al-Qaida spokesman held - Security- msnbc.com

This is excellent news. The POS terrorist traitor Adam Gadahn has been captured. I hope he is waterboarded before being turned over to the neutered US authorities.

OUTSTANDING!!

Boy that is GREAT news!!

Smear him with bacon grease and throw him to the lions. P.O.S. bastard.

I wish they would let me pull the handle.

This is huge people. Seems al Qaeda and Taliban are arrested or killed in Pakistan more these days, Does this mean that Pakistan is getting serious about their commitment to rid themselfs of these jihadist groups? I hope so.

Last edited:
Neutered U.S. authorities?

:lol:

Here is a statement from another source printed before this capture:

In 2000 Adam Yahiye Gadahn met in Pakistan Khalid Shaik Mohammed. Although he refused to Khalid Shaik Mohammed’s request to participate in suicide attack in USA on the ground that he is expecting a baby very soon he integrated in Al Qaeda personnel as a translator and propagandist.

Yes, took a pass on that suicide attack but encourages everyone else to.:lol:..This guy is the biggest coward who has to squat to pee.

I hope he meets somebody like me in prison.

Global Jihad - Adam Yahiye Gadahn

Why yes, yes I do. :lol:

How is that funny unless you enjoy pissing on the US?

Although it is pretty funny coming from a Canadian.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in why Sgt thinks that security is neutered, and I'm laughing at his hysteria about it.

If Pakistan has Gadahn, I can assure you they're not offering him Miranda rights, a nice cold Coke and asking him nicely to tell where his Al Qaeda compatriots are hiding out. My firm hope is this guy is held by Pakistan for at least a good month, and then extradited the Guantanamo, where he can have a speedy Military Trial and a quicker bullet to the head via a firing squad.

I know, too expeditious... won't happen in reality but one can always hope. Reality is he's probably already being read his rights and has lawyered up.

He is an American citizen. Explain his constitutional rights, charge him with treason, have a trial, convict him, execute him. There is no doubt that he is guilty.

I'm more interested in why Sgt thinks that security is neutered, and I'm laughing at his hysteria about it.
A sole, lone laughter in the dark.

U.S.-Born al Qaeda Arrest News Incorrect - CBS News

Now, CBS News' Farhan Bokhari in Islamabad writes that earlier reports the detained individual was Gadahn proved false. According to a Pakistan security official who spoke with CBS News on condition of anonymity, the arrested individual is in fact "a Taliban militant leader who is known as Abu Yahya."

Wasn't him.

He is an American citizen. Explain his constitutional rights, charge him with treason, have a trial, convict him, execute him. There is no doubt that he is guilty.

Treason is a bullsh*t charge, and someday all nationalists like you will be lined up against a wall and shot.

Treason is a bullsh*t charge, and someday all nationalists like you will be lined up against a wall and shot.

Care to explain why treason would not fit as a charge? Or, was this a sarcastic shot at humor?

IMO, the charge of treason fits.

He is an American citizen. Explain his constitutional rights

His Constitutional rights extend to innocent until proven guilty like all us other Americans?

There is no doubt that he is guilty.

Guess not.:roll:

I see the garbage truck has already been through here this morning. Good to see the garbage taken out.

I see the garbage truck has already been through here this morning. Good to see the garbage taken out.

Eh? The guy we're all arguing over hasn't actually been caught. Close thread?

You think thats funny don't you Orion? Well I find no humor in it at all.

I don't expect the innocent people they detained and tortured by them find them particularly funny either.

I suspect he's got a few charges to face in Pakistan before they extradite him. Personally, I don't believe in capital punishment for any crimes so.... I hope he stays in Pakistani gaols for a long, long time. I'm pretty confident they will be significantly nastier that American gaols.

Who knows a bit of background? Who is he? Where's he from? Why'd he turn into a f**knut?

Sorry guys. It really wasn't him...

BBC News - Pakistan 'detains al-Qaeda commander'

Anyone know anything about this Abu Yahya Azam?

He is still an American just not as important.

U.S.-Born al Qaeda Arrest News Incorrect - CBS News

The New York Times, sourcing American and Pakistani officials, reports that the man arrested was Abu Yahya Mujahdeen Al-Adam, and describes him as an al Qaeda commander who was born in Pennsylvania.

Western diplomats in Islamabad, responding to the latest twist to this increasingly confusing saga, said the arrest is not insignificant. "Even if this is not Adam Gadahn, it is still not an unimportant development. But let's hold our breath before we come to a final conclusion. We may be groping in the dark 'til someone, especially the Pakistanis who are holding this man, agree to present him publicly," said one western diplomat in Islamabad who spoke to CBS News on condition of anonymity.

For the record, Adam Gadahn has already been indicted (in 2006).

Gadahn was indicted based on the testimony of the FBI case agent E.J. Hilbert II, in the Southern Division of the United States District Court for the Central District of California by a federal grand jury for the capital crime of treason for aiding an enemy of the United States (i.e. Al-Qaeda).

Adam Yahiye Gadahn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom