• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Howard Dean: Health bill hangs Dem incumbents and Obama out to dry in elections

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Is it possible that Howard Dean of all people gets it?

Could it be that he along with a few Democrats and the majority of The reat of America understands that that a vague far reachung plan that fails to address the real issues is not what we want and is akso not what is needed?

Obama says all the talk is over and everything that can be said has been said.

And yet the proposals Republicans have made have been pushed aside by Obama and the Democrat leadership and all but ignored by the Lame Stream Obamedia to the point the Dims, (no spell error) can now claim the Republicans have had nothing to contribute.

To date Obama has lied at every possible opportunity about his openness and willingness to have bi-partisan participation in the process.

We saw Obama cut off Repulicans in his phony Health summit every time they tried to make a salient point.

He was acting the Hugo Chavez part as Dictator in Chief.

I really think he has an inflated image of himself that will catch up with him not in the end but before the end comes.

We now have Obama's people like Napolitano and others at his request wanting to monitor site like this one looking for people like me ( I Hope) who feel he is headed in a direction that is un-American.

I welcome the chance to answer Napolitano face to face again on policy as we faced off when she was Governor of AZ. and I ask her about her unrealistic support of the jobs lost, and negative affects of NAFTA and lax border control on the State of AZ, and the Nation.

The use of fear is coming to either shut up opposition or individuals who speak out.

Obama is using along with bribery now openly and the Obamedia is not only going along with but acting as the 5th column to promote their agenda.

Howard Dean: Health bill hangs Dem incumbents and Obama out to dry in elections - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
By Michael O'Brien - 03/04/10 11:22 AM ET

Passing the healthcare proposals before Congress will "hang out to dry" every Democratic incumbent running for reelection this fall, Howard Dean said Thursday.

Dean, a physician by training who's a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), said that Democrats in Congress -- and President Barack Obama -- would do themselves more harm than good by passing the current healthcare bill.

"The plan, as it comes from the Senate, hangs out every Democrat who's running for office to dry -- including the president, in 2012, because it makes him defend a plan that isn't in effect essentially yet," Dean said during an appearance on the liberal Bill Press Radio Show.

Dean, who has clashed publicly with the White House over the healthcare proposals favored by the administration, said that by passing the bills under consideration, Democrats would essentially be conceding defeat to Republicans.

"It's easy to campaign on repealing something if no one knows what the something is," Dean said. "And fundamentally people don't understand what the president's healthcare plan is."

"And if it passes next week and get's signed into law the week after, we're not going to be able to explain it to people over the din of Fox News and the Republicans," the former Democratic party chairman added.

No, it's pretty obvious Dean only gets one very minor element in the current push for HCare. He understands the danger for Democrats, but he still believes in Public Options (MediCare buy-in). In fact, I believe I've heard him say in the past that he ultimately likes Single Payer!

Look closely to see that he is actually complaining about the way they are going about it. His problem is only that the Dems are not properly explaining the bill and they are excluding Public Option. He thinks ramming it through is the only thing that is creating distrust of the bill.

He's really being silly to say, "...we're not going to be able to explain it to people over the din of Fox News and the Republicans,". As if the only folks who are against Obamacare are registered Repubs and Fox viewers.

No, Dean does not get it either.;)

Back
Top Bottom