• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

N.Y. Governor Suspends Aide, Seeks Investigation After Abuse Allegations

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
We all know the story of former Gov. Eliot Spitzer quitting because he suffered from zipper gate issues, we have also all heard about S.C. Governor Mark Sanford taking a little trip to see his main on the side squeeze in South America,we also have Nevada Sen. John Ensign who cheated on his wife, and last for now but not least is John Edwards the worst of all who cheated on a very sick wife and fathered a love child, all while running for Prez.

A quick review tells me this is an equal opportunity problem of poor judgment and lack of a moral compass on both sides of the isle.

What is striking is the lack of outrage by people and some media when it comes to some of these scoundrels, and they are all scoundrels top to bottom.

Is this something that comes with the territory when you reach a certain political level?

I know it didn't happen to me when I was in office but it was at a much lower level of politics.

I would like to see a uniform condemnation of all and I mean everyone of these people in public office to the point where it drives them out of office in the shame they deserve.

Or do I have this all wrong and it's just a boys will be boys kind of thing and it's okay because these guys have high pressure jobs and need a release valve.

I don't buy it, this is outrageous behavior by anyone but when it's someone the people trust to be honest it's even worse.

FOXNews.com - N.Y. Governor Suspends Aide, Seeks Investigation After Abuse Allegations

AP
David Paterson has suspended a close aide and is asking for an investigation by the attorney general after a published report linked the aide to a claim of domestic violence involving a former girlfriend.

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Gov. David Paterson has suspended a close aide and is asking for an investigation by the attorney general after a published report linked the aide to a claim of domestic violence involving a former girlfriend.

Paterson on Wednesday said he was suspending David Johnson, who rose from volunteer to driver to confidant in more than a decade of working for the Democrat. Paterson also asked Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to investigate a New York Times article's claims that state police may have pressured the woman to drop a criminal case against Johnson.

It's amazing how after two weeks of crazy rumors about a huge NYT scandal, the story turned out to be nothing. Then, a week later, this.

Insane.

Why is a governor's aide being investigated for beating up his girlfriend...news?

Lackey turns out to be asshole. Lackey gets fired and possibly arrested. What's for lunch?

Why is a governor's aide being investigated for beating up his girlfriend...news?

Lackey turns out to be asshole. Lackey gets fired and possibly arrested. What's for lunch?

Because that's not what happened.

Lackey beats his girlfriend.
Lackey's girlfriend calls cops.
Later that night, a member of Governor's personal police detail stops by to talk to girlfriend.
Girlfriend seeks restraining order.
Members of Governor's personal police detail allegedly harass girlfriend.
Girlfriend complains of harassment to judge.
Night before final restraining order hearing, Governor calls girlfriend.
Girlfriend never shows up to hearing, case is dropped.

Seem a little more newsworthy now?

Because that's not what happened.

Lackey beats his girlfriend.
Lackey's girlfriend calls cops.
Later that night, a member of Governor's personal police detail stops by to talk to girlfriend.
Girlfriend seeks restraining order.
Members of Governor's personal police detail allegedly harass girlfriend.
Girlfriend complains of harassment to judge.
Night before final restraining order hearing, Governor calls girlfriend.
Girlfriend never shows up to hearing, case is dropped.

Seem a little more newsworthy now?

D'oh! Skimming sometimes misses things.

Back
Top Bottom