• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A liberal Dem and a blood libel

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A british baronness is alleging that Jewish relief organizations in Haiti harvested organs from earthquake victims.

A Lib Dem and a blood libel | Uri Dromi | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Just when we thought we heard everything, there comes Lady Tonge, the Liberal Democrat peer, calling for Israel to set up an inquiry to disprove allegations that its medical teams in Haiti "harvested" organs of earthquake victims for use in transplants.

It is easy to dismiss this as sheer nonsense. Indeed, my friend Yisrael Medad, with whom I usually disagree, had it right this time, when in his blog he wondered whether someone had made off with the baroness's brain. One thing for sure: nobody stole Tonge's tongue, and whether or not it is connected to any brain at all, it keeps erupting anti-Israeli abuses, which had already caused her party embarrassment in the past.

Attacking Israel's policies is one thing; insinuating that the army of the Jewish state is stealing organs or – as the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet published last year, that the IDF was killing Arabs for their organs – is to repeat what antisemites were saying about the Jews in the darkest periods of history. A blood libel, in short.

Sickening.

She seriously wants them to set up an inquiry to disprove unproven and unsupported allegations?

I think this crazy bitch needs to just find a nice showerhead and belt to dangle herself from.

Yay! It's a "Super Jew" thread. I miss these from my old board. It's amazing what those super Jews are capable of isn't it? Now they're harvesting organs in Haiti.

What a shame there are people who actually believe that sort of stuff.

Maybe I missed something in the article but I didn't see any attempt to disprove the premise. I did see poor journalism slamming her by providing historical nonsense about Blood libel. Even the title uses the phrase "blood libel" along with "Lib dem". But the article isn't about blood libel it's about organ harvesting and what does her being a "lib dem" have anything to do with it?

I don't give the story any credence because I looked around to find some real evidence of a story. So maybe she is a bit loony but the writer of this article seems more loony, or at least unprofessional.

Maybe I missed something in the article but I didn't see any attempt to disprove the premise. I did see poor journalism slamming her by providing historical nonsense about Blood libel. Even the title uses the phrase "blood libel" along with "Lib dem". But the article isn't about blood libel it's about organ harvesting and what does her being a "lib dem" have anything to do with it?

I don't give the story any credence because I looked around to find some real evidence of a story. So maybe she is a bit loony but the writer of this article seems more loony, or at least unprofessional.

This Tonge lady wants an investigation into Palestinian allegations that the IDF is harvesting and stealing human organs from the Haitians. How in the world does someone investigate that? How does anyone disprove that? The "evidence" consists of some guy ranting in a youtube video.

From the link in the first article:

The allegations came in an article titled Focus on Israel: Harvesting Haitian Organs by an American researcher, Stephen Lendman, who accused Israel of a “crime against humanity”.

Mr Lendman referred to a “damning” YouTube video cited by Al Manar, the pro-Hizbollah Lebanese TV station. The video offers no evidence to support the claims against Israel. It has a warning from ‘T West’, a member of an American group, AfriSynergy Productions, that Haitians should be careful because the “IDF has participated in the past in stealing organ transplants [sic] from Palestinians and others”.

Here's another way to look at it: I have evidence that several forum members steal babies and sell them on the black market to pedophiles. Now try and disprove my allegation.

This Tonge lady wants an investigation into Palestinian allegations that the IDF is harvesting and stealing human organs from the Haitians. How in the world does someone investigate that? How does anyone disprove that? The "evidence" consists of some guy ranting in a youtube video.

From the link in the first article:

Here's another way to look at it: I have evidence that several forum members steal babies and sell them on the black market to pedophiles. Now try and disprove my allegation.

We're talking about a journalist for the Guardian, not some internet form. If the woman is a loon then all he had to do was look for evidence, if none is found he reports that she's obviously a loon because there is no evidence to support her claim. Not the sophomoric attack piece he crapped out. That's all, no need to go on about it.

We're talking about a journalist for the Guardian, not some internet form. If the woman is a loon then all he had to do was look for evidence, if none is found he reports that she's obviously a loon because there is no evidence to support her claim. Not the sophomoric attack piece he crapped out. That's all, no need to go on about it.

A sophomoric attack piece is all the allegations deserved in response. Who else would respond? The major news networks aren't going to waste time disproving Mrs. Tonge's allegations.

But there's a bigger issue here. And it's the same old "The Jews are super evil" theme again in Mrs Tonge's allegation. That somehow Jewish soldiers would harvest and steal organs from the poor black people in Haiti. And the fact that she got an audience for that allegation and got it reported just feeds the crazy people. And then she demands that someone investigate the allegation and prove her wrong.

It's just crazy. And it's the kind of crazy that feeds the other crazies.

A sophomoric attack piece is all the allegations deserved in response. Who else would respond? The major news networks aren't going to waste time disproving Mrs. Tonge's allegations.

But there's a bigger issue here. And it's the same old "The Jews are super evil" theme again in Mrs Tonge's allegation. That somehow Jewish soldiers would harvest and steal organs from the poor black people in Haiti. And the fact that she got an audience for that allegation and got it reported just feeds the crazy people. And then she demands that someone investigate the allegation and prove her wrong.

It's just crazy. And it's the kind of crazy that feeds the other crazies.

True... it's not that the jews are evil it's that organized religion is evil.

British, leftist and antisemitic.

I find myself wondering if she uses hundreds of aliases to post at all the forums I have ever visited?

Baroness Tongue is not a leftist Lackers, antisemite probably:)

Ps she was sacked by nick clegg

PPS she has been trying to explain her crass remarks.

Last edited:
Lib Dem frontbencher Tonge fired
(UKPA) – 5 hours ago

A Liberal Democrat frontbencher has been sacked after calling for an inquiry into allegations that Israeli soldiers supporting the relief effort in Haiti had been involved with organ-trafficking.

Party leader Nick Clegg removed Baroness Tonge as a Lib Dem health spokeswoman in the Lords, describing her remarks as "wrong, distasteful and provocative". It is the second time she has been fired for making controversial comments about Israel.
Source: UKPressAssociation

David Duke in a dress. How many times must the Liberal Democrat party sack her before they realize Lady Tonge is an abject embarrassment and a nasty creature?

Ignore the issue and focus on rule of law and precedence. Allegations are not the responsibility of the accused to disprove but rather the accusers to prove, or at the least provide ample evidence to warrant an investigation.

My relative Baroness Alma Birk would have nutted her.

Source: UKPressAssociation

David Duke in a dress. How many times must the Liberal Democrat party sack her before they realize Lady Tonge is an abject embarrassment and a nasty creature?
within all levels of British society there are antisemites.

The problem is that there are a lot in the unelected house of lords, the libs can remove the whip from her but then she will remain as a stupid independant member.

Ignore the issue and focus on rule of law and precedence. Allegations are not the responsibility of the accused to disprove but rather the accusers to prove, or at the least provide ample evidence to warrant an investigation.

That's true, but just in term of good journalistic manners, I think the author could have devoted at least a paragraph to why the allegation is unsubstantiated and ridiculous. When you call someone a lonney without explaining why she is one, you sound like an ass yourself even if the person really is a looney.

When you call someone a lonney without explaining why she is one, you sound like an ass yourself even if the person really is a looney.
Some things are obvious and self-evident. The Haitian earthquake relief effort was covered in-depth by print/broadcast/internet media from all over the globe. Not one journalist reported anything amiss in regards to the Israeli relief contributions.

As was denoted above, Lady Tonge has been sacked by her own party and she is now engaged in backpedaling and damage control.

Some things are obvious and self-evident. The Haitian earthquake relief effort was covered in-depth by print/broadcast/internet media from all over the globe. Not one journalist reported anything amiss in regards to the Israeli relief contributions.

As was denoted above, Lady Tonge has been sacked by her own party and she is now engaged in backpedaling and damage control.

I believe the fact that she has been sacked is afterward and wasn't mentioned in the article itself? The point is that a reader would have to search for other sources to confirm that in fact nothing has been covered or proven about this allegation and while the claim might be "obvious and self-evident" to you, one can't assume that everyone see things the same way, a good journalist would not assume that the unspoken is understood by all.

And BTW, just because something isn't covered, doesn't mean it's untrue, though in this case, it's too far-fetched to be taken as true unless there are evidence to support it.

She has been sacked from the front bench, clegg cannot remove her from the lib/dems, only her local party can remove her membership.That may happen but she would retain her seat.

She cannot be tossed out at the next elections because she is unelected.

She does seem a perfect member for UKIP

And BTW, just because something isn't covered, doesn't mean it's untrue, though in this case, it's too far-fetched to be taken as true unless there are evidence to support it.
This is covered by the MSM as I demonstrated in Post #12. There are also thousands of online reports about the various Haitian relief efforts/teams.

The in general the members of the House of Lords are old, half dead farts who only turn up for the appearance money, the subsidized food and drink, plus if they live outside London the availability rent boys.

them damn jewsees, taking over the world, them and the mormons, bet they're using these organs to build super soldiers, or just to sell, to pay the taliban, and fund there hunts of whales using japanese proxies, bloody jews

This is covered by the MSM as I demonstrated in Post #12. There are also thousands of online reports about the various Haitian relief efforts/teams.

I was speaking generally. You seemed to think that because something isn't covered (Israeli harvesting organ from earthquake victims) out of the coverage of the earthquake itself, that it's an indication of it's untruthfulness. It's not. The allegation is taken to be untrue because it's far-fetch and without proof.

There's no rule that says I can't make a general comment in a "demarcated and very specific" topic.

nonpareil said:

See that, I don't see how it's unclear. But I'm sensing a little hostility from you. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom