• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activist filmmaker arrested in senator’s office

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
James O’Keefe arrested by FBI

Oh this will be interesting.

Also arrested were Joseph Basel, Stan Dai and Robert Flanagan, all 24. Flanagan is the son of William Flanagan, who is the acting U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Louisiana, the office confirmed. All four were charged with entering federal property under false pretenses with the intent of committing a felony.

ACORN gotcha man among four arrested for attempting to tamper with Mary Landrieu's office phones | Louisiana Politics & Government - - Louisiana Politics | State Legislature News - NOLA.com

Re: James O’Keefe arrested by FBI

So the scumbag pretending to be a scumbag was actually a scumbag? Well....life is ironic....I guess Republicans didn't learn from Watergate.

From the article linked in the OP:
Robert Flanagan's attorney, J. Garrison Jordan, said he believes his client works for the Pelican Institute. Asked the motivation for the alleged wiretap plot, he said: "I think it was poor judgment. I don't think there was any intent or motive to commit a crime."

:confused:

From reading the article, it certainly sounds like they were planning/performing something shady.

And he's right, it was poor judgment.

So when the government taps our phones, it's legal. When we tap the government's phones, it's illegal. Is it me, or isn't there something a little ironic about the whole thing?

So when the government taps our phones, it's legal. When we tap the government's phones, it's illegal. Is it me, or isn't there something a little ironic about the whole thing?

In the government's defence, it doesn't really tap "our" phones. It taps the phones of a very small percentage of people. That I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is the government going around the laws it has set up for itself, and it has, whenever it doesn't have enough grounds to tap somebody's phone.

Is it me, or isn't there something a little ironic about the whole thing?

Mr. O’Keefe was in New Orleans last Thursday, giving a talk for the Pelican Institute, a libertarian group that “conducts scholarly research and analysis of Louisiana public policy.”

The topic of the speech was “Exposing Truth: Undercover Video, New Media and Creativity.”
Link

Would this be the "creativity" part? -- Investigative journalism without journalistic ethics or personal integrity.

Who didn't know the guy who dressed up like a pimp was bent?

Would this be the "creativity" part? -- Investigative journalism without journalistic ethics or personal integrity.

Who didn't know the guy who dressed up like a pimp was bent?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe true muckrackers have any sort of ethics or personal integrity. You don't break up Standard Oil by playing nice. ;)

In the government's defence, it doesn't really tap "our" phones. It taps the phones of a very small percentage of people. That I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is the government going around the laws it has set up for itself, and it has, whenever it doesn't have enough grounds to tap somebody's phone.

Yeah, I was a tad overboard there. :doh

Activist filmmaker arrested in senator?s office - More politics- msnbc.com

NEW ORLEANS - A conservative filmmaker who posed as a pimp to target the liberal activist group ACORN was arrested with the son of a federal prosecutor and two other men and accused of plotting to tamper with the New Orleans offices of Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La.

this is interesting. a son of a federal prosecutor? now we can stop pretending that this "film maker" is in any way non-biased. "poor judgement" my ass.

Considering Obama's "Louisiana Purchase" is the biggest story of corruption since... Well, ever... I can't believe more journalists aren't doing this.

So what? Bias doesn't make you wrong. Facts make you wrong.

Let's focus on the messenger and forget all about the actions of ACORN.

That numerous and that easy to find? I don't think so.

And many you seem to ignore were exonerated of wrong behavior. But please please don't let the facts get in your way.

But an exhaustive report recently released by the Congressional Research Service -- a nonpartisan branch of Congress -- exonerated ACORN, finding no incidents where the organization broke any laws or misspent any federal funds.

ACORN exonerated? - Roanoke.com

These activists were a dangerous group of people that believed the ends justified the means regardless of how illegal it was. It might play well on prime time fiction series like White Collar or Burn Notice but in the real world it's frowned upon, and thank God it is. I hope they have plenty of time to think about their stupidity in jail.

Obviously he was targetted.

???

Did you actually read what happened? He and his coworkers got access via pretending to be phone workers and were only suspected when they couldn't provide proper identification. For someone that was targeted they were given the benefit of the doubt quite a ways until they wanted more access and met up with an individual that became suspicious of there real identity.

Last edited:
That numerous and that easy to find? I don't think so.
how numerous, really? it seems to me that just as many politicians are corrupt. refresh my memory, was acorn found guilty of anything?

Back
Top Bottom