• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congress to probe ‘US funding of Taliban’

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A House committee has launched an investigation into claims that US military contractors in Afghanistan are paying the Taliban to guarantee the safety of their transportation convoys, an allegation that could mean American taxpayers are indirectly funding the insurgency that has killed more than 900 American soldiers so far.

“Serious allegations have been [made] that private security providers for US transportation contractors in Afghanistan are regularly paying local warlords and the Taliban for security," said Rep. John Tierney (D-MA), chairman of the Subcommittee on National Security and Foreign Affairs. "After a preliminary inquiry, it has been determined these reports warrant a full-scale subcommittee investigation."

I only have three words to say about this development.......

WTF!!

The Taliban are the guys who supported bin Laden's attack on 911. They continue to kill American soldiers on a daily basis. They have attacked US interests in other parts of the world. They are still planning even more attacks. And these contractors are giving them money to protect their convoys, money which will be used for more attacks on US interests around the world, and the killings of more US soldiers?

Now, I only have one word to say.......

Treason!!

Article is here.

eh. There are several reports of Taliban soldiers joining the Afghan army, deserting with their equipment and either selling it and using the money to fund the Taliban or using the weapons against US troops.

It's about damn time an investigation was done. I read a story about this issue several months ago (6-7 months), and was amazed at the lack of press coverage and the lack of response or interest exhibited by our politicians.

It's about damn time an investigation was done. I read a story about this issue several months ago (6-7 months), and was amazed at the lack of press coverage and the lack of response or interest exhibited by our politicians.

They have been investigating it, and found credible reason to take it to the next step.

Back
Top Bottom