• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discharged under "Don't ask, Don't Tell"

Didn't Prez Doofus already end DADT. I thought he promised to do that on day one.... Oh yeah, must have just been another of his lies. ;)

Didn't Prez Doofus already end DADT. I thought he promised to do that on day one.... Oh yeah, must have just been another of his lies. ;)

No GWB was a strong supporter of it.

Obama has indicated that he will end it.

The policy will end eventually. There is no logical reason to uphold it, and even the Pentagon is against it. I posted an article in a similar thread written by some of the top people. They want it tossed out.

It's social politics in the White House that are preventing it from happening. Military superiors actually don't give a crap.

Last edited:
The policy will end eventually. There is no logical reason to uphold it, and even the Pentagon is against it. I posted an article in a similar thread written by some of the top people. They want it tossed out.

It's social politics in the White House that are preventing it from happening. Military superiors actually don't give a crap.

As the guy in the clip says...the military is the most diverse and most flexible group there is. If they said tomorrow that this is the way it is. The men and women would fall in line and accept and follow that order. The people who say otherwise don't give our brave men and women of the military enough credit.

As the guy in the clip says...the military is the most diverse and most flexible group there is. If they said tomorrow that this is the way it is. The men and women would fall in line and accept and follow that order. The people who say otherwise don't give our brave men and women of the military enough credit.

Well, to be fair, they will bitch and moan alot when first told that this is the way it is...then a few years later, they will be telling people with pride how the military took the lead in gay rights.

Well, to be fair, they will bitch and moan alot when first told that this is the way it is...then a few years later, they will be telling people with pride how the military took the lead in gay rights.

Hey! Where ya been, Red? wb :2wave:

Some will....I think most of the young people in the military are much more tolerant and accepting of other people today. Of course there will be some idiots and some johnny come latelys....but I think most will accept it as any other order in the military and continue to serve their country.

Some will....I think most of the young people in the military are much more tolerant and accepting of other people today. Of course there will be some idiots and some johnny come latelys....but I think most will accept it as any other order in the military and continue to serve their country.

As any vet or active duty person will tell you, the people in the military have one reaction to change...they bitch and moan. They also have one reaction to not changing with the times...they bitch and moan.

Back
Top Bottom