• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cheney interview on Plame leaked detailed.

goldendog

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Cheney Told FBI He Had No Idea Who Leaked Plame ID

In the interview, whose participants included Fitzgerald, Cheney told agents that he did not recall having a conversation about either Plame or her husband with Bush.
The vice president said he probably discussed Wilson with Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove, but told the FBI he would not have talked to Rove about Wilson's wife.
Cheney's denials that he talked about Plame are among the few things in the lengthy interview with the FBI that Cheney appeared certain about. He repeatedly said he could not recall key events. Among them, he said he did not recall discussing Wilson's wife with Libby before her CIA employment was publicly revealed by conservative columnist Robert Novak in mid-July 2003.
Evidence at Libby's criminal trial showed that Cheney had told Libby about Wilson's wife in mid-June 2003.
According to courtroom testimony, Rove was one of Novak's sources for his column disclosing Plame's CIA identity and Rove and Libby were sources for Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper, who also wrote a story identifying Plame.
Cheney said he was not aware of any discussions Libby may have had with Rove about Wilson or Wilson's wife, and Cheney said Libby did not tell him about any such discussions.

How many are not suprised the Cheney has come down with the same affliction as Alberto Gonzalas...the Old "I can't seem to recall those statements or events disease".

But Cheney does seem to have perfect memory of what he didn't do and what, in his mind he did do, and how it will affect our future if the President does not heed his warnings.

It is more than obvious that the guy is a pathetic criminal who is clawing at the walls to find any way out of the deep hole he had Bush dug for themselves.

Cheney Told FBI He Had No Idea Who Leaked Plame ID

In the interview, whose participants included Fitzgerald, Cheney told agents that he did not recall having a conversation about either Plame or her husband with Bush.
The vice president said he probably discussed Wilson with Bush's top political adviser, Karl Rove, but told the FBI he would not have talked to Rove about Wilson's wife.
Cheney's denials that he talked about Plame are among the few things in the lengthy interview with the FBI that Cheney appeared certain about. He repeatedly said he could not recall key events. Among them, he said he did not recall discussing Wilson's wife with Libby before her CIA employment was publicly revealed by conservative columnist Robert Novak in mid-July 2003.
Evidence at Libby's criminal trial showed that Cheney had told Libby about Wilson's wife in mid-June 2003.
According to courtroom testimony, Rove was one of Novak's sources for his column disclosing Plame's CIA identity and Rove and Libby were sources for Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper, who also wrote a story identifying Plame.
Cheney said he was not aware of any discussions Libby may have had with Rove about Wilson or Wilson's wife, and Cheney said Libby did not tell him about any such discussions.

How many are not suprised the Cheney has come down with the same affliction as Alberto Gonzalas...the Old "I can't seem to recall those statements or events disease".

But Cheney does seem to have perfect memory of what he didn't do and what, in his mind he did do, and how it will affect our future if the President does not heed his warnings.

It is more than obvious that the guy is a pathetic criminal who is clawing at the walls to find any way out of the deep hole he had Bush dug for themselves.

It probably stems from the fact that it was Richard Armitage that leaked Plames identity to the press and not Cheney. Why aren't there more Libbos jacked-up about that?

It probably stems from the fact that it was Richard Armitage that leaked Plames identity to the press and not Cheney. Why aren't there more Libbos jacked-up about that?

In my opinion being "jacked up" about the leaking of Plames identity is not a Liberal nor a Conservative concern it is the concern of all right thinking Americans who have enough love and patriotism for their country and those agencies the defend us such as the CIA to be concerned that very possibly at the direction of a sitting Vice President such a cowardly act was committed. It is also not just a Liberal or a Conservative thing to get at the truth and it should never be just a Liberal or a Conservative thing see that those who commtted such a dastardly act of outing a CIA employee be punished to full extent of the law.

In my opinion being "jacked up" about the leaking of Plames identity is not a Liberal nor a Conservative concern it is the concern of all right thinking Americans who have enough love and patriotism for their country and those agencies the defend us such as the CIA to be concerned that very possibly at the direction of a sitting Vice President such a cowardly act was committed. It is also not just a Liberal or a Conservative thing to get at the truth and it should never be just a Liberal or a Conservative thing see that those who commtted such a dastardly act of outing a CIA employee be punished to full extent of the law.

It's a Liberal thing, because,

1) Plame wasn't a covert agent at the time that her identity was exposed.

2) Richard Armitage is the dude that outted her and not a single Libbos ever mentions that. Ya'll only go after Bush/Cheney.

2) Richard Armitage is the dude that outted her and not a single Libbos ever mentions that. Ya'll only go after Bush/Cheney.

I do care if she was "covert" or not at the time. She was outed and if it was a "Libbo" or God forbid a Democratic Party member who outed a CIA employee you guys would be oiling up the Guillotine

GMAB !! Wrong is wrong and you have to go to the highest level of where the croime occured or where it was directed from to happen. It it goes to the VICE or the POTUS so be it !!!

You cannot be partisan about right and wrong !!

The guilty need the Guillotine EOS !!!

I do care if she was "covert" or not at the time. She was outed and if it was a "Libbo" or God forbid a Democratic Party member who outed a CIA employee you guys would be oiling up the Guillotine

GMAB !! Wrong is wrong and you have to go to the highest level of where the croime occured or where it was directed from to happen. It it goes to the VICE or the POTUS so be it !!!

You cannot be partisan about right and wrong !!

The guilty need the Guillotine EOS !!!

That's right, which is exactly why I can't help but wonder why Fitzgerald never even questioned Armitage. Are you least bit curious? I mean, since we, "cannot be partisan about right and wrong!!".

LET US BE HONEST HERE !! The Chenney has his little Girs Liz going around lying up a storm trying to keep the heat away fron DADA and she cannot either not get the story straight or she cannot even lie well.

How pathetic is it for a former Vice to have his little girl shill for him !!!

Well we all know that Chenney is a chicken hawk and failed to serve his country during Vietnam so I guess that goes along with sending his lirttle girl out to fight his battles for him.

hey chicken is chicken !!!!!

LET US BE HONEST HERE !! The Chenney has his little Girs Liz going around lying up a storm trying to keep the heat away fron DADA and she cannot either not get the story straight or she cannot even lie well.

How pathetic is it for a former Vice to have his little girl shill for him !!!

Well we all know that Chenney is a chicken hawk and failed to serve his country during Vietnam so I guess that goes along with sending his lirttle girl out to fight his battles for him.

hey chicken is chicken !!!!!

So, at the end of th day, it matters not what the actual facts are, you'r convinced that Cheney is the one who outted Valerie Plame?

So much right and wrong not being partisan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvIvMP86LsY&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube - Awards to Criminals Scooter Libby Dick Cheney Preaching President Obama Rachel Maddow[/ame]

After Obama won the nobel Peace Prize...they had to conjure up an award to give the criminals..

That's right, which is exactly why I can't help but wonder why Fitzgerald never even questioned Armitage. Are you least bit curious? I mean, since we, "cannot be partisan about right and wrong!!".

Of course I am curious but I also do not view Fitzgerald as "libbo"

It is also possible the he did not think that he had a case against Armitage. I really have a problem figeuring out where Fitxgerald is coming from ?

Wasn't he also involved in the BLOGO CASE? Or is that a diferent Fitxgerald. These Irishmen are all alike it is hard to tell them apart!!

You need to call them alleged criminals. This is a nation of laws and the law says that they are inocent until proven guilty.

Or are they allegedly innocent !!

Tough call !!

Libby wasn't found guilty?

Libby wasn't found guilty?

I am many much sorry !! You are correct !!! Scooter is a criminal !!!

"By Carol D. Leonnig and Amy Goldstein
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A federal jury convicted I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby yesterday of lying about his role in the leak of an undercover CIA officer's identity, culminating a four-year legal saga that transfixed official Washington and revealed the inner workings of the White House and the media
"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom