• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart

Do You Like Jon Stewart and His show?

• Total voters

repeter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
More and more, I'm forced to turn to Jon Stewart on The Daily Show to see what is actually happening. But, since this healthcare battle has started, Stewart has just been slamming FOX for lying, and all the town hall morons.

He is hilarious, and he is an incredibly honest person. What do you guys think about him?

I wish we had someone like Jon Steward for President. That would be a refreshing change.

He overuses the pregnant pause and laughs at his own jokes. I don't know how anyone can stand him.

He overuses the pregnant pause and laughs at his own jokes. I don't know how anyone can stand him.

He's simply hilarious. What episodes have you watched? When?

It's obviously a matter of taste.

Some like his form of comedy, some do not.

He does it every episode. Try and find one where he doesn't laugh at his own jokes or make a heavy pause. But, he found something that works and runs with it. Stewart is fairly funny, but Colbert is better.

He does it every episode. Try and find one where he doesn't laugh at his own jokes or make a heavy pause. But, he found something that works and runs with it. Stewart is fairly funny, but Colbert is better.

Your Conservative, so you like the one who pretends to be a Conservative Pundit. Stewart is the Liberal's version of Colbert, and the original :)

I don't recall. I haven't seen one recently.

To be fair, I don't like any political pundits, comedic or otherwise, and television tends to bore me when I have time to watch it.

I enjoy him quite a bit.

More and more, I'm forced to turn to Jon Stewart on The Daily Show to see what is actually happening. But, since this healthcare battle has started, Stewart has just been slamming FOX for lying, and all the town hall morons.

He is hilarious, and he is an incredibly honest person. What do you guys think about him?

I thin Jon Stewart is alright, but I can't stand Stephen Colbert.

I quite enjoy both Stewart and Colbert, but I like Stewart better. Colbert just tends to go too far away from current events sometimes.

The Liberals love him.

Hes great the daily show has got better since Obama has got in because before i found it was getting a bit stale.He is sometimes unfair to his guest but i find him funny and i guess thats all that really matters in a comedy show.

The colbert report on the other hand is starting to get old fast.

I used to like him when he was in the opposition, however, he has now become a shill for the administration not unlike the majority of the 4th estate.

I wish to marry him:)

The Liberals love him.

Liberals generally have a sense of humor. Conservatives watch FOX News to laugh.

halfhournewshour_logo.jpg

If you think being a shill for the Obama administration is funny then meh. I prefer adult swim.

....Fox News is a lot of things. They're inept, clearly biased and capable of calling people Nazis without actually calling people Nazis. But a shill for the Obama administration? Seriously doubt it. You're thinking of MSNBC.

Stewart is decent, but I can't stand the whole interaction he has between his reporters. Your reporters are crazy people that say crazy and stupid things, and you attempt to play the sensible and dumbfounded anchor. I get it; move on, already!

Colbert is better I think, but he does a lot of stuff that isn't funny. He's a master at what he does but he needs better writers. And he needs to bring back the District segment and more on-the-ground reporting segments. And I never thought The Word was that funny, either.

More and more, I'm forced to turn to Jon Stewart on The Daily Show to see what is actually happening. . ..
Well, that explains a lot.

Personally, I've watched very little of him. To me he fits in the same category as Letterman. That is, fairly talentless stand ups who wrongly think themselves witty.

I enjoy satire, even about people and ideas I admire, but I insist on it being clever.

Stewart is hilarious and on point. He makes fun of both sides, though the right general feeds more out. The side reports are funny as hell! Did you see the one where they compared the RNC to Katrina? It was hysterical!

Back
Top Bottom