• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at Florida home

bhkad

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at Florida home

By MITCH STACY Associated Press Writer © 2009 The Associated Press
June 28, 2009, 1:11PM

TAMPA, Fla. — Billy Mays, the burly, bearded television pitchman whose boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean made him a pop-culture icon, has died. He was 50.

Tampa police said Mays was found unresponsive by his wife Sunday morning. A fire rescue crew pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6501567.html

So is reaching the age of 50 a dangerous thing lately ? Well my Mom always said that they go in threes: McMahon The Charles Angle Girl Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mays

PS Yes I can count I am just ignoring you know who since in my humble opinion he isn't worth counting for anything !!

Last edited:
DO YOU WANT THIS DOG?

Ah.. yeah.
Loudy guy R.I.P.

I guess Mighty Putty can't fix everything.

Billy Mayes and MJ gone and I turn 50 next year. I guess id better give up smoking, drinking, and crack if I wanna see 51.

What I think is hilarious is that CNN considers this front page news.

WIth that said:

toolbox.gif

I hope Billy's voice can never be duplicated. He made me wear out my mute button.

Billy Mayes and MJ gone and I turn 50 next year. I guess id better give up smoking, drinking, and crack if I wanna see 51.

I duno, quiting smoking and drinking is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Billy May's here for the new revoluationary Casket Caddy!

Probably the best known pitchman of the past decade. RIP. 50's looking unlucky right now

How about that new product he was to introduce this coming SEPT, the
TightAzz Foam Casket GASKET Seal. It was supposed to seal up a casket and keep water, bugs, and worms out for 10, 000 years ! It was reinforced with activated nano silicon Siliclon 1010 with Stickit 527 glue. Hope that Billy at least gets to take some of the proto tubes of that great stuff with me just in case it leaks.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYdDK1uTDI]YouTube - MJ Morning Show: Billy Mays Orders Food From A McDonald's Drive Thru[/ame]

You guys are mean man! Billy was annoying, but I think the ShamWow guy is just as bad. I will pour some out for my dead homie Billy, and if he is a ghost it will be a loud one!

You guys are mean man! Billy was annoying, but I think the ShamWow guy is just as bad. I will pour some out for my dead homie Billy, and if he is a ghost it will be a loud one!

UH, I have to respectfully disagree with you about that ShamWow guy. ShamWow guy is like caricature of a pitch man. Like if he wasn't evein a real person like cyber goof with that stupid telephone mic on. I cannot even take watching that puke even with mute on. I switch channels until he is gone.

Hate to hear the dude died. That's a shame.

In time, maybe they will even take his commercials off the air.

I try to find the brighter side of things.

Hate to hear the dude died. That's a shame.

In time, maybe they will even take his commercials off the air.

I try to find the brighter side of things.

You are right on, in time his commercials will be a dead issue !! - groan

Back
Top Bottom