• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran and the White House

What is the Obama Admin's "involvement" in the Iranian elections?

• The White House is openly fanning the flames of protest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The White House is subtly cheering it on but keeping professional

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • The White House is not fanning the flames and condemns the protests outright

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Cilogy

Pathetic Douchebag
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What do you think about the Obama Admin's "involvement" in the Iranian elections?

Apparently Iran, I don't know who exactly, stated that the Obama Admin is fanning the flames of the protests.

Honestly, does it matter? Freakin' everyone is fanning these flames! I say, if there is anyone to "blame" in the eyes of the Iranian gov't, then point your finger at those who are twittering and facebooking everything. Don't get me wrong, I love that Iran is having a technological revolution of sorts, but the gov't should be looking at their own people before blatantly blaming the White House.

I love it, Iran is really amazing me right now. I love it. :)

Obama essentially said nothing of actual substance. The Iranian government would blame the US government if a dog pooped on their lawn.

The White House is openly fanning the flames of protest
The White House is subtly cheering it on but keeping professional
The White House is not fanning the flames and condemns the protests outright

None of the above.

Obama is not doing any cheering of the protesters, subtle or otherwise. And he certainly isn't condemning them. He's doing exactly what he should be doing: keeping his mouth shut and hoping that the protesters can implement some reform, even though history suggests the odds are against them.

Military support is right out. There is no real way to get aid to the demostrators even if we wanted to. About he only think we really could do is use harsh language against Iran, which is going to be pretty ineffective. Obama is doing what he should, staying low key and watching.

Back
Top Bottom