• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would You Support Moussavi?

Would you "support" Moussavi?

• Yes I support him

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No, but I prefer him over Ahmadinejad

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No I do not, I support neither

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Cilogy

Pathetic Douchebag
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Now, when I say "support" I don't mean admire or advocate necessarily like you would with candidates in your own country.

I "support" Moussavi because he seems the more likely person to be level headed when it comes to Iran's foreign affairs.

Take the word "support" loosely.

Now, when I say "support" I don't mean admire or advocate necessarily like you would with candidates in your own country.

I "support" Moussavi because he seems the more likely person to be level headed when it comes to Iran's foreign affairs.

Take the word "support" loosely.

Yes, I supported his candidacy and hope he prevails, under the circumstances.

It's not my place to choose Iran's leaders. However, I support the right of the Iranian people to free, open and fair elections, and to have their votes counted properly.

I would certainly support him over Ahmadinejad.

To put things in perspective, though, Moussavi is STILL very conservative, and so he is a reformer only by a matter of degree. He would nudge the social barometer a little, but no where near what we experience in the west.

I support the demands of the protesters which would result in a more democratic government. That just isn't going to happen.

If that's the goal and they stick to it and plan for it, they could get there. Who knows, Moussavi might be the first step in the plan. He would definitely dilute the power of the Supreme!

If I had a choice between him and some better candidates? No. However next to amajinadumbass most anyone would come up smelling like roses.

I am too ignorant to be able to say I support or don't support him.

I DO support the chaotic activity of the electorate. Of course, the good and the bad of that are on in the same--they may wind up with what they asked for.

I am just very pleased to see a voice being heard. I wish the Iranians a wonderful and peaceful turbulence toward greater stability.

If I had a choice between him and some better candidates? No. However next to amajinadumbass most anyone would come up smelling like roses.

I guess this is where I'm at. I thought I knew a bit about this man but now I'm not so sure. I'm trying to learn more about his politics. There are warnings that he's a diluted version of a "company man." I'd not thought this previously, but some folks on here have given me cause to step back and give pause to endorsing him as anything more than simply better than the incumbent.

I'm reading up him some more. But like you, I support what is happening in Iran right now. I'm worried about what may come if this movement is not successful.

I'm actually mildly happy about this whole thing. :)

I think he is preferable to Ahmadinejad, but still only slightly more moderate. He is the one who began the nuclear program a new. Regardless, he is much better than the current lunatic.

I do not know which one is preferable over the other, but I support the Iranian people in choosing for themselves whom they wish to lead their country.

It's not my place to choose Iran's leaders. However, I support the right of the Iranian people to free, open and fair elections, and to have their votes counted properly.
I concur, spoken like a true Floridian;)

It's not really my business to tell Iran who to elect. Provided, of course, the elections are fair. If they want a conservative, America hating, Islamic state that's fine.

Back
Top Bottom