• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Rove not covered by executive privilege in political prosecution case, law

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Bush lawyers are no longer telling Karl Rove that he is protected by executive privilege from testifying before Congress. In addition, Rove's attorney has just announced that Rove will not invoke the Fifth Amendment, inferring that Rove's testimony before Congress is now a given.

This will be interesting. To paraphrase a famous line in a movie, we are about to see how far down the rabbit hole we have been led.

Article is here.

Last edited:
Re: Exclusive: Rove not covered by executive privilege in political prosecution case,

Not just the Rabbit hole, but way past that and well into the Skunk hole as well.
Interesting enough I can see another Karl Rove type in the W.H. at the moment, his turn will come as well.

Re: Exclusive: Rove not covered by executive privilege in political prosecution case,

Not just the Rabbit hole, but way past that and well into the Skunk hole as well.
Interesting enough I can see another Karl Rove type in the W.H. at the moment, his turn will come as well.

No it wont. This well be enough to set up guards immediately. Or revolt. If its as bad as I assume. And if it gets to the end of the hole.

In that case be prepared for yet more secrecy on one hand, while the Great Messiah will continue with his Public Grandstanding pronouncing change.

In that case be prepared for yet more secrecy on one hand, while the Great Messiah will continue with his Public Grandstanding pronouncing change.

Oh yea, I can see all the change now. The presidency changed from a Republican to a Democrat, and that is ALL that changed.

Seriously, some of you people need to chill a bit. Obama hasn't been in for a month and he's currently dealing with an economic crisis (agree with his proposals or not) and you are already attacking him. If you haven't seen any policy changes between this president and the last then you aren't looking.

Spouting one liner talking points isn't going to win arguments, unless of course you enjoy preaching to your very small choir.

Seriously, some of you people need to chill a bit. Obama hasn't been in for a month and he's currently dealing with an economic crisis (agree with his proposals or not) and you are already attacking him. If you haven't seen any policy changes between this president and the last then you aren't looking.

Spouting one liner talking points isn't going to win arguments, unless of course you enjoy preaching to your very small choir.

Please show me exactly how bush's bailout has helped me. I reserve the right to place judgment now based how how we have been treated recently. Why are you getting mad become people are putting their guards up?

If your walking down the street and pass paths with a man and he surprise attacks you right when you get to him, are you going to keep a very keen eye on peoples actions every time you pass by them after that or keep walking past people without caring?

Please show me exactly how bush's bailout has helped me. I reserve the right to place judgment now based how how we have been treated recently. Why are you getting mad become people are putting their guards up?

If your walking down the street and pass paths with a man and he surprise attacks you right when you get to him, are you going to keep a very keen eye on peoples actions every time you pass by them after that or keep walking past people without caring?

So... attacking every republican solely based on them having an R at the end of their name because I didn't like the last republican president would be fair based on your logic. Hell, I'm only "putting my guard up".

And no, if I'm mugged I'm not going to walk around like a crazy person eying every single thing that passes me. C'mon man, get a life. If he shows himself to be untrustworthy, and not just HEY HE DIDN'T POST A SINGLE PAPER ONLINE, but really untrustworthy then by all means attack him. But to say he's being sneaky and whatnot, when clearly this is not the case, makes you look a bit paranoid and less credible.

So... attacking every republican solely based on them having an R at the end of their name because I didn't like the last republican president would be fair based on your logic. Hell, I'm only "putting my guard up".

And no, if I'm mugged I'm not going to walk around like a crazy person eying every single thing that passes me. C'mon man, get a life. If he shows himself to be untrustworthy, and not just HEY HE DIDN'T POST A SINGLE PAPER ONLINE, but really untrustworthy then by all means attack him. But to say he's being sneaky and whatnot, when clearly this is not the case, makes you look a bit paranoid and less credible.

If you think the way he shoved it through was good. I wish I could be as disillusioned as you. I would truly not be saddened by my government at times.

Back
Top Bottom