• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama interviewed by Federal Prosecutors

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
DECEMBER 23--President-elect Barack Obama and two of his top advisers were interviewed last week by federal prosecutors probing Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's alleged bid to sell Obama's vacated Senate seat, according to a report issued today by an Obama lawyer. The lawyer, Gregory Craig, concluded that Obama and his aides engaged in no improper conduct in connection with the Senate opening. A copy of the Craig report can be found below. As part of his review of transition team "contacts" with Blagojevich, Craig reported that only incoming White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had spoke with the Illinois pol. Emanuel, Craig disclosed, had "one or two telephone calls" with Blagojevich in early-November. Emanuel reportedly gave Blagojevich a "heads up" that he was accepting Obama's offer of the chief of staff job (and, as a result, would be resigning his congressional seat). Emanuel also "had a brief discussion with the Governor about the Senate seat and the merits of various people whom the Governor might consider." Craig also noted that Emanuel had "about four telephone conversations with John Harris, Chief of Staff to the Governor, on the subject of the Senate seat. In these conversations, Mr. Emanuel and Mr. Harris discussed the merits of potential candidates and the strategic benefit that each candidate would bring to the Senate seat." In addition to the president-elect, Emanuel and Valerie Jarrett, an Obama confidante, were interviewed in the past few days by investigators with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Chicago, which, on December 9, announced criminal charges against Blagojevich and Harris. (5 pages)
Obama Interviewed In Blagojevich Probe - December 23, 2008

Considering how "scooter" got tagged, better hope the Big O was honest.

What a redundant and obviously baited goad. I see your wide cast brought up only one discerning catch so far. Chuckle.

Same as yours...Right?;)

Same as yours...Right?;)
So you thought my reply was goading a goad? Sorry, I disagree, but note still only one discerning catch so far……………

So you thought my reply was goading a goad? Sorry, I disagree, but note still only one discerning catch so far……………

Keep casting. How was your Christmas, I ask while I’m unbuttoning the top button on my trousers? :roll:

Keep casting. How was your Christmas, I ask while I’m unbuttoning the top button on my trousers? :roll:
Um………while I have had a lot of Gluehwein this evening, I have not that much………………….:shock:

He doesn't have a boss he has to protect by lying that will commute his sentence and likely pardon him.

It's probably best for him that they confined the scope of the questions to the Blago affair. If they hadn't his plans for Jan. 20 might have been in jeopardy.

He still has much to answer for and, unfortunately, these unanswered matters from his past will nag at his administration.

I say unfortunately because if he is innocent it's US who will suffer if he is inappropriately hounded.

But our electoral process is more important than his administration because it affects ALL future presidents.

Damn the Liberal media.

End of derail.

Yup, he better have told the truth or else he deserves the same fate as Libby.

I know, Scooter was trying to save puppies on the freeway.

Oh?

You mean that Fitz didn't know who the original leaker was before the investigation even started?

You didn't know that Libby was nailed on perjury and obstruction charges not because he lied about his own involvement or Bush or Cheney's involvement but because he gave differing accounts to the FBI and the special prosecutor's team?

Why do you insist on peddling your ignorance here as something other than pure ignorance?

Oh?

You mean that Fitz didn't know who the original leaker was before the investigation even started?

You didn't know that Libby was nailed on perjury and obstruction charges not because he lied about his own involvement or Bush or Cheney's involvement but because he gave differing accounts to the FBI and the special prosecutor's team?

Why do you insist on peddling your ignorance here as something other than pure ignorance?

Yep, he didn't "lie", he "gave differing accounts". :rofl

Yep, he didn't "lie", he "gave differing accounts". :rofl
Is so interesting that our partisan Republican/Bush apologists completely discount the fact that Libby was CONVICTED by a JURY and actually try to convince people that the jury was tainted because it was in Washington DC as if a jury from DC must be left leaning and therefore will band together to conspire to convict Libby! How pathetic!

Then to prove even further how delusional and biased these Republicans in this community are they suggest not too subtly that Obama and his staff are guilty without one shred of evidence and even without any actual accusations!

To review:

Libby is innocent and his trial was fixed (by the same prosecutor that they now think is covering up for Obama).

Novak referred to "two senior administration officials" as his sources. Armitage was one, but Fitz didn't know who the other was until after the investigation.

You didn't know that Libby was nailed on perjury and obstruction charges (snip) because he gave differing accounts to the FBI and the special prosecutor's team?
That is not true at all. The misinformation surrounding this case is incredible.

Libby was not convicted for contradicting himself. He was not convicted for remembering a date differently than someone else. Libby was convicted for lying to investigators about when and how he first learned that Plame worked at the CIA, and for lying about the nature of his conversations with Tim Russert, Matt Cooper, and Judith Miller. Libby testified repeatedly that he was surprised to learn it from Tim Russert in July, but nine other witnesses testified that they discussed her CIA status with Libby throughout the month of June. These people included Dick Cheney, Ari Fliescher, and Libby's own CIA briefer Craig Schmall.

You don't have to know the exact date when you bought your car, and you don't have to know the exact date when you last visited your grandma. But you certainly should know whether you had your car when you last visited your grandma, especially when you drove that car to grandma's house 9 different times.

Libby plainly and obviously lied to investigators who were trying to determine who leaked a covert CIA operative's name, and whether they committed treason by knowingly doing so. He got the conviction he deserved, and he should be in ****ing jail!

How ironic. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom