• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nancy Pelosi accidentally explains why controlling the media helps Democrats...

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Watch Nacy Pelosi explain what the Democrats call the "Wrap-up Smear":

https://twitter.com/IWV/status/1226921209234952192

In short: Democrats smear an opponent to the press, friendly media report on the smear, then Democrats point to the media as corroboration for their smear.

Such an utterly corrupt party...

Nice try...she was talking about Trump and his use of Media

Odd... as it’s the standard modus operandi by the Leftists. They rolled it out for Russia, Russia, Russia... Kavanaugh... Impeachment.

...and... it’s... 3-strikes yer out in thee... ‘ol... ball... game.

Odd... as it’s the standard modus operandi by the Leftists. They rolled it out for Russia, Russia, Russia... Kavanaugh... Impeachment.

Trump and his sycophants use it every day and twice on Sunday. So sorry but NO!

She described the Democrats use of the Steele Dossier to a T. In fact, the Steele Dossier was a weaponized version of the Wrap Up Smear because the FBI used the existence of the Steele Dossier lies in the press to validate their claims in the warrant.

Exactly. jnug's arguments requires you forget the last 20 years...

In short: Democrats smear an opponent to the press, friendly media report on the smear, then Democrats point to the media as corroboration for their smear.

LOL....I'm guessing you're no stranger to Fox "News"

Good job we have a president who wouldn't stoop so low as to "smear" someone...

Someone seems desperate! LOL

Did Nancy Pelosi Admit Democrats Use a Tactic Called the 'Wrap-Up Smear?'
As a longer clip and transcript clearly show, Pelosi was calling out Republicans for conducting wrap-up smear campaigns, not touting the phenomenon as a go-to strategy for Democrats

....but Trump would be proud of his Trumpeteers for passing on lies, muddying the waters and continuing to smear the innocent.

3os1m2.jpg

Ah, so jmotivator got caught lying again, but will now spend the next 100 posts trying to spin his OP as if he was really saying something other than what he said?

Nice to learn that by the second post.

She described the Democrats use of the Steele Dossier to a T. In fact, the Steele Dossier was a weaponized version of the Wrap Up Smear because the FBI used the existence of the Steele Dossier lies in the press to validate their claims in the warrant.

Annnnd there he goes. First he claims that Pelosi said "[Democrats smear an opponent to the press, friendly media report on the smear, then Democrats point to the media as corroboration for their smear.]" But now, it's that he was really just being funny by *getting* Pelosi with a remark that even those she was talking about the Trump-media, aka Trump-Fox, symbiotic relationship, one like jmotivator could claim it actually applies to Democrats instead.

Two rather different statements, no? One is that Pelosi in fact said certain things. The other is ok, she said certain things, but really she should have said them about someone else.

I wonder what it'll be next.

:thinking

That's exactly how the Steele dossier and "Russiagate" was constructed...except that they also got the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. involved in that one.

Trump and his sycophants use it every day and twice on Sunday. So sorry but NO!

Well that’s a convincing post... replete with lines used in grade school playgrounds.

Why not provide us with an example or two? I provided three examples.

Kinda like how Steele fed phony dossier disinformation to the media to corroborate his phony dossier.

Posted before I read yours. GMTA;)

You'd be wrong. I don't watch Fox News. I don't watch any cable or broadcast news, in fact. I read the NYT, WaPo, WaEx as well as Politico .. also Real Clear Politics during election season, along with FiveThirtyEight occasionally... and follow a few hundred journalists of all political persuasions on Twitter who feed my interesting articles from around the web.

Also, I'm sure Trump also uses the wrap up smear, but I can't recall off hand a smear that he relied of some outside source media who he fed the story to. Maybe you have some examples?

It's pretty obvious she is not confessing to using this tactic herself. She is describing what she believes her opponents do. Taking this out of context is just so silly.

We knew this. the entire leftist argument is simply one huge fallacy after another.
and only mindless robots believe a word of it.

She's the female Foster Brooks without the funny side.

OMG I forgot about all those Dean Martin roasts he was on. He was so funny.

Since when in the annals of politics does hard ball tactics equal corruption?

The hardest hard baller is Trump, and I don't see you accusing him of corruption.

Ummmmmmmmmm, Democrats have been smearing Trump for three years now and smearing Republicans in general for much longer than that.

It's pretty obvious she is not confessing to using this tactic herself. She is describing what she believes her opponents do. Taking this out of context is just so silly.

Like the left don't take anything out of context. It is their MO.

Since when in the annals of politics does hard ball tactics equal corruption?

The hardest hard baller is Trump, and I don't see you accusing him of corruption.

LOL. Well, it's about time one of you lefties admitted that Trump plays hard ball but that it doesn't equal corruption.

And all the Trumpette's in prison only prove they were up to only good...

Have you looked at the Repubs and trump lately, all they and especially trump do is insult their opponents, snearing and name calling is his trademark.

LOL. Well, it's about time one of you lefties admitted that Trump plays hard ball but that it doesn't equal corruption.

You're putting words in my mouth. He plays hard ball, alright, but one can do that AND be corrupt, one does not necessarily exclude the other.

But, in the case of Pelosi, there is no evidence of corruption. Just hard ball tactics, which is only a recent development, given who is president.

Back
Top Bottom