• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Distortions Are Across The Board

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump's lies vs facts and reality.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump systematically fabricated his record before boisterous supporters and the eyes of the world this past week.

To a core question — did the U.S. killing of an Iranian general avoid an imminent attack on U.S. interests? — there is no definitive answer days after missiles flew. Trump and his officials said the U.S. attack achieved that result but have yet to prove it.

In other matters, Trump offered distortion acrossthe breadth of public policy. He declared clean-air achievements when the air has become dirtier. He claimed to have come up with the “great idea” of letting veterans seek private care at public expense, when that was already law, accomplished by President Barack Obama.

He complained that he didn’t get the Nobel Peace Prize for peace in Ethiopia, when he had little to nothing to do with it.

He invented a dialogue with a Democrat in Congress and claimed he succeeded on two fronts where other presidents failed, each time for at least 44 years, a made-up number.
And as he done repeatedly, but this time in the midst of dangerous brinkmanship with Iran, he falsely accused Obama of opening the U.S. treasury to Tehran and handing over a fortune.

A sampling from the week:

AP Fact Check: Trump’s distortions are across the board | PBS NewsHour Weekend

In future years, current Republicans are going to be doing a lot of squirming trying to explain why they supported that.

Verify, before Trusting, Everything Individual One Tweets or Says

And this is what the right is so smug in supporting, amazing.

I remember when neither W or Cheney attended their national convention, that's how toxic they had become to republicans.

Once trump is gone every republican who ever voted for him will be telling their children, I didn't vote for him.

Trump supporters are the tea party and the freedom caucus gone wild.

The only distortions I see are in the post. All of it is distorted to appease the little brains who will squawk about anything they are told.

To a core question — did the U.S. killing of an Iranian general avoid an imminent attack on U.S. interests? — there is no definitive answer days after missiles flew. Trump and his officials said the U.S. attack achieved that result but have yet to prove it.

In other matters, Trump offered distortion acrossthe breadth of public policy. He declared clean-air achievements when the air has become dirtier. He claimed to have come up with the “great idea” of letting veterans seek private care at public expense, when that was already law, accomplished by President Barack Obama.

He complained that he didn’t get the Nobel Peace Prize for peace in Ethiopia, when he had little to nothing to do with it.

He invented a dialogue with a Democrat in Congress and claimed he succeeded on two fronts where other presidents failed, each time for at least 44 years, a made-up number.
And as he done repeatedly, but this time in the midst of dangerous brinkmanship with Iran, he falsely accused Obama of opening the U.S. treasury to Tehran and handing over a fortune.

The only distortions I see are in the post. All of it is distorted to appease the little brains who will squawk about anything they are told.

Great short, concise truthful post

In future years, current Republicans are going to be doing a lot of squirming trying to explain why they supported that.

No. They'll say they never did like him, just his policies. Not all of them. Just the tax cuts and judges. Not the nastiness, not alienating our allies or embracing despots, or calling people names, or lying all the time, or breaking treaties or.....

I understand. :lol:

No, they won't. They just won't talk about it any more than they talk about all the bad things they supported Bush doing.

A more humorous take on Trump vs Truth.

Warning: adult language

The leftist propaganda machine is so unreliable, bias, and distorted, their credibility with everyday normal Americans is zero. One cannot simply believe anything they report.

Back
Top Bottom