• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

11,000 Scientists Don't say..

YouTube

Well if you thought 11,000 scientists said anything then you were conned.

I've made this exact criticism every time right wingers come up with one of these lists, and every single time right wingers defend the list anyway. The most recent thread was "500" "experts" who included, I **** you not, an astrologer. (among many, many other hilariously unqualified people when it comes to the subject of climate change)

PoS's defense was "hey there's three meteorologists!" (on a list of 500 alleged experts)

I've made this exact criticism every time right wingers come up with one of these lists, and every single time right wingers defend the list anyway. The most recent thread was "500" "experts" who included, I **** you not, an astrologer. (among many, many other hilariously unqualified people when it comes to the subject of climate change)

PoS's defense was "hey there's three meteorologists!" (on a list of 500 alleged experts)

I said at least 3, so get your facts straight, and thats more than I can say about your list of 11K fakers, none of whom are climate scientists.

I said at least 3, so get your facts straight, and thats more than I can say about your list of 11K fakers, none of whom are climate scientists.

Listen, until you disavow a list of "experts" that includes an astrologer I am really not interested in your whining about the relative climate expertise of a graduate student. Your list has a lumber salesman on it. You don't care about qualification on the topic.

Rebel Media calling CBC biased, that’s flippin’ hilarious.

Listen, until you disavow a list of "experts" that includes an astrologer I am really not interested in your whining about the relative climate expertise of a graduate student. Your list has a lumber salesman on it. You don't care about qualification on the topic.

No one on the "500" list misrepresented himself/herself. The "11,000" list was full of fraud.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]“11,000 scientists” climate emergency petition includes a bunch of fake names[/h][FONT=&quot]From the “there’s no quality control in climate science” department comes this laughable revelation, via the Australian: Scientists’ petition on climate crisis blocked over fake signatories Dozens of signatories including Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter headmaster Albus Dumbledore from Hogwarts have been *removed from an Alliance of World Scientists declaration of a “climate emergency”. Access…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

No one on the "500" list misrepresented himself/herself. The "11,000" list was full of fraud.

[FONT="][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11/07/11000-climate-scientists-petition-includes-a-bunch-of-fake-names/"]
mike-mouse-emergency-petition-Scr.jpg
[/URL][/FONT]

[h=1]“11,000 scientists” climate emergency petition includes a bunch of fake names[/h][FONT="][FONT=inherit]From the “there’s no quality control in climate science” department comes this laughable revelation, via the Australian: Scientists’ petition on climate crisis blocked over fake signatories Dozens of signatories including Mickey Mouse and Harry Potter headmaster Albus Dumbledore from Hogwarts have been *removed from an Alliance of World Scientists declaration of a “climate emergency”. Access…[/FONT]
[FONT=inherit][URL="https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11/07/11000-climate-scientists-petition-includes-a-bunch-of-fake-names/"]Continue reading →[/URL][/FONT]
[/FONT]

PoS was complaining about qualifications of grad students. While accepting the qualifications of... and I stress this yet again, a goddamned astrologer.

PoS was complaining about qualifications of grad students. While accepting the qualifications of... and I stress this yet again, a goddamned astrologer.

I really don't care what someone else is arguing. PoS is fully capable of taking care of himself.
My point is that the "500" list is honest. The "11,000" list is full of fraud.

I really don't care what someone else is arguing. PoS is fully capable of taking care of himself.
My point is that the "500" list is honest. The "11,000" list is full of fraud.

I'm aware that this is your point today. You were fine with defending qualifications a month ago in PoS's other thread.

Your list includes a cartoon mouse and a fictional wizard, and youre laughing at an astrologer? :lamo

It would appear the whole thing is a fraud.

[FONT=&quot]Consensus[/FONT]
[h=1]An Analysis Of The 11,000 ‘Micky Mouse’ Climate Scientists[/h][FONT=&quot]Reposted from Synthesisr November 13, 2019 Climate Change An Analysis Of The 11,000 ‘Micky Mouse’ Climate Scientists It’s because Climate Change! “The further society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell Did you catch the usual gullible mainstream media (MSM) “news” outlets pushing the recent climate alarmism, coming…
[/FONT]

Your list includes a cartoon mouse and a fictional wizard, and youre laughing at an astrologer? :lamo

I have neither created nor linked nor defended any list.

So what is this 'ideal' climate we should aspire to and why is it ideal ?

[h=2]Japanese Analysis Of 11,224 Climate Signatories Exposes Media/Science Sham…”Deep Blow To Credibility”[/h]By P Gosselin on 17. November 2019
The leading media worldwide cranked up the volume when it spread the news of how a statement had been published in the journal BioScience. The statement was a collaboration of “over 11,000 from 153 nations”.
The Guardian, for example reported: “The world’s people face ‘untold suffering due to the climate crisis’ unless there are major transformations to global society.”
Like most major media outlets around the world, the Guardian handled the “statement” as if it were the final confirmation needed to finally end any further discussion and hesitation on rapidly moving to a new, transformed “global society”.

Slick sales job. Dr. Thomas Newsome falsely claiming over 11,000 “scientists” support the climate statement. Image cropped from video by University of Sydney.
The statement more hoax than scientific declaration
Days later, after a more careful scrutiny of the list – which the media failed to carry out, it was uncovered that the list of signatories was a declaration of scientific and media sloppiness and deception. One of the signatories was even cartoon character “Mickey Mouse”. But it gets worse than that.
11,224 list analyzed by Japanese blogger
Since then Japanese climate science skeptic and blogger, Kirye, spent dozens of hours thoroughly compiling and evaluating the 11,224 signatories using an Excel spreadsheet. Her findings have added greater clarity and exposed the true extent of the once media ballyhooed statement now turned hoax.
5 of 11,224 a “climate scientist”
Of the 11,224 signatories, JUST FIVE (5) claimed to be a “climate scientist”.

Only 4 were meteorologists.
A vast number did not even state PhD or professor as their professional title/discipline. Only 2,796 (24.9%) had “professor” in their title. 1,481 (13.2%) of the signatories stated some form of PhD, including PhD “candidate”.
A total of 1,021 had “doctor in their title, i.e. only 9.1%. Many in an unrelated field.
302 of the signatories listed no professional title at all!
34 names had to be discarded altogether because they were invalid.
New climate experts: nephrologists, philiologists, pharmacists!
The vast majority were active in fields totally unrelated to climate science, such as “philiogist”, psychologist, CEO, political scientist, pharmacist, medical doctor, primatologist, physiopathology of the mitochondria, sociologist, industrial systems, nanoscientist, genetics, nephrologist, economist. biotech engineer, foreign language teacher, etc. In other words, it’s a list hyperinflated by unqualified climate activists. Others were affiliated with environmental activist groups.
“Disservice” to science …”blow to credibility”
Thie list and media handling were in fact so sloppy that it compelled German geologist and hjournalist Axel Bojanowski to write at Cicero here how the statement and list of signatories were “a disservice” to climate science and “a deep blow to the credibility of research (and the media), not only because the list of signatories has apparently been published without verification.”
“Mocks media quality control”
The former Der Spiegel science journalist added: “The fact that numerous representatives of environmental associations are among the signatories and many others without a professional title makes one doubt their scientific character” and that it “mocks” the “media’s quality control function.”

Link the post

Game, set and match.

That’s not defending a list, that’s rejecting your hypocrisy. Owned :lamo

:roll: This would be like the commander of the Bismarck​ declaring victory as his ship keels over and sinks.

:roll: This would be like the commander of the Bismarck​ declaring victory as his ship keels over and sinks.

I dont have a ship

I've never once posted the list you're mad about.

Going back to my #6 and your #7, you chose to attack the qualifications of those on a list that represented signers honestly, and deflect from discussion of a (much longer) list that included significant outright fraud.

Back
Top Bottom