• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question concerning new National security chief?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump names U.S. hostage negotiator Robert O'Brien as national security adviser - POLITICO
Every time Trump names someone to an open post I have to ask myself this question, will they tell us the truth or will they tell us what Trump wants us to hear? So I wonder if this new head will inform us if the Russians are at it again or if any of the dictators Trump is so fond of are up to tricks that could harm our country if trump orders him not to let the American people know what is going on? Trump has Trumpized the DOJ and several other departments so we do not know if they are doing the job for us or for Trump, will the National Security Agency be next? I really hope not.

Trump names U.S. hostage negotiator Robert O'Brien as national security adviser - POLITICO
Every time Trump names someone to an open post I have to ask myself this question, will they tell us the truth or will they tell us what Trump wants us to hear? So I wonder if this new head will inform us if the Russians are at it again or if any of the dictators Trump is so fond of are up to tricks that could harm our country if trump orders him not to let the American people know what is going on? Trump has Trumpized the DOJ and several other departments so we do not know if they are doing the job for us or for Trump, will the National Security Agency be next? I really hope not.

I'd rather the NSA not tell us anything, rather than tell us some bull**** or tell us some classified information.

Keep in mind, the adviser doesn't work for us...he works for the President.

I'd rather the NSA not tell us anything, rather than tell us some bull**** or tell us some classified information.

Keep in mind, the adviser doesn't work for us...he works for the President.

First, the person who tells the whole world classified information is Trump. Often alarming those who work to gather that info and now know that Trump has closed off another avenue of information. And the president is supposed to work for all of the American people, but this one seems to be working for only himself. So forgive me if I wonder if every time he names someone if they will work for all of the American people or just for Trump.

First, the person who tells the whole world classified information is Trump. Often alarming those who work to gather that info and now know that Trump has closed off another avenue of information. And the president is supposed to work for all of the American people, but this one seems to be working for only himself. So forgive me if I wonder if every time he names someone if they will work for all of the American people or just for Trump.

When I make a comment about the National Security Adviser, it would behoove you to respond in kind instead of blathering about Trump.

You are dismissed.

Since Trump has taken the federal government and the rule of law hostage, might be a good pick.

The question in the OP is both interesting and, based upon the past history of information flowing from this Administration, relatively easy to answer. The answer can be substantiated by all manner of documented instances. I'll not bother with that.

There's another question, though, which may suffer from the same problem of an easy answer. Will the new appointee make any significant difference? To answer that, we would have to consider two additional questions.

Question the First. Does President of the United States of America base his decisions upon the reasoned courses of action proposed by his advisers?

Question the Second. Can we expect President Trump to change his basic modus operandi?

Thanks for reading.

It is best to simply assume you will be uninformed concerning our countries security at this point. As with many other aspects of this Administration the former check and balance system we enjoyed has been all but removed and transparency has been relegated to the free press investigations that are now referred to as "Fake News". Even Congress is no longer "Allowed" to perform the traditional counter to the executive as Trump owns that as well.

When I make a comment about the National Security Adviser, it would behoove you to respond in kind instead of blathering about Trump.

You are dismissed.

The whole reason for my OP was whether this new man would work for the good of the country or the good of Trump, so go shove your dismissal as apparently you can not read and comprehend. Stupid is as stupid writes in this case.

The whole reason for my OP was whether this new man would work for the good of the country or the good of Trump, so go shove your dismissal as apparently you can not read and comprehend. Stupid is as stupid writes in this case.

I responded to your question: He works for Trump.

If that chaps your ass, so be it.

I don’t know where this fantasy that people who work for the President are supposed to be dissenting voices, or act independently from the President’s policies, but it strikes me as really strange. I heard the same thing on MSNBC this morning, and honestly don’t recall the same commentary during previous administrations. I expect O’Brien will work within the policies of the administration, and if the President isn’t happy with his performance he’ll kick him to the curb. He’s obviously not shy about doing that.

Back
Top Bottom