• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy Giuliani: "There's nothing wrong about taking information from the Russians"

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Rudy Giuliani said on Sunday that there’s ‘nothing wrong’ with taking information from Russians, after the Mueller report laid out extensive ties between the Trump campaign and Russians during the 2016 election campaign. Giuliani was being interviewed with Jake Tapper on CNN this morning and said; “Any candidate in the world would take information,” even as Tapper noted the information came from a “hostile foreign source.”

Here's a primer for Rudy Giuliani and anyone else who thinks there's nothing wrong with taking information from Russians. NO it's not okay to take information from a foreign country who hacked our election and used social media to help Trump win the election.

imageedit_7_9454873681.jpg

The only reason Twump keeps him around is he's Donnie's most obsequious fluffer.

This, if nothing else, shows how far the GOP has fallen and how it's essentially become a criminal syndicate obsessed with maintain power.

Rudy Giuliani said on Sunday that there’s ‘nothing wrong’ with taking information from Russians, after the Mueller report laid out extensive ties between the Trump campaign and Russians during the 2016 election campaign. Giuliani was being interviewed with Jake Tapper on CNN this morning and said; “Any candidate in the world would take information,” even as Tapper noted the information came from a “hostile foreign source.”

Here's a primer for Rudy Giuliani and anyone else who thinks there's nothing wrong with taking information from Russians. NO it's not okay to take information from a foreign country who hacked our election and used social media to help Trump win the election.

View attachment 67255520

Evidently Mueller agrees with Rudy, since no American was indicted for "taking information from the Russians".

The only reason Twump keeps him around is he's Donnie's most obsequious fluffer.

This, if nothing else, shows how far the GOP has fallen and how it's essentially become a criminal syndicate obsessed with maintain power.

The GOP is dead. It committed fratricide beginning in the early 90s and finally killed off the last members in 2017. It's just the Republican party; a meaner, more extreme version of the Democrats. They spend money like Democrats but kill taxes for the rich and corporations. The Republicans have approved two budgets that were near or over a TRILLION dollar deficit. We live in interesting times.

Evidently Mueller agrees with Rudy, since no American was indicted for "taking information from the Russians".

AFAIK, it wasn't illegal, just immoral. Consorting with an enemy who has repeatedly acted hostile toward US interests goes up to the line but doesn't seem to cross over into treason. Sad.

The GOP is dead. It committed fratricide beginning in the early 90s and finally killed off the last members in 2017. It's just the Republican party; a meaner, more extreme version of the Democrats. They spend money like Democrats but kill taxes for the rich and corporations. The Republicans have approved two budgets that were near or over a TRILLION dollar deficit. We live in interesting times.

Too true. The foot in the door was the GOP joining up with the fundamentalists under Reagan, and then Newt "alcohilic facial bloat' Gingrich and Lee Atwater kicked it all the way open.

That SO many can't or refuse to remember that spells doom for our nation.

IMO he is correct. :shrug:

Dirt is always being dug up by campaigns, and sources are myriad. That is simply a fact of politics.

If someone comes in volunteering evidence of such dirt, and it is factually established as true, then unless the party receiving it knows it was obtained illegally and it would violate the law to publish it, I believe it is fair game.

As I stated several times during the 2016 election period, when allegations that hacked material publicized by Wikileaks were obtained by a foreign source illegally...what matter the source if the information is true?

This in no way excused the source regarding the commission of a crime, they can be held fully accountable as happened to Chelsea Manning.

However, unlike our Court system, there is no such thing as "fruit of the poisonous tree" when it comes to how the public handles illegally obtained yet true facts presented to us.

We are not required to "unlearn, unhear, and not speak" such things. Nor should we ever be required to outside of a court of law.

Had such information been damaging to the Trump campaign, would his detractors be arguing "Not fair, someone stole it from his server so we can't use this information!"? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Too true. The foot in the door was the GOP joining up with the fundamentalists under Reagan, and then Newt "alcohilic facial bloat' Gingrich and Lee Atwater kicked it all the way open.

That SO many can't or refuse to remember that spells doom for our nation.

Agreed except about being doomed. However, it is a major problem and we can't move forward until we fix it as a nation.

A green light to Russians to continue and even increase their efforts to interfere in our elections. There are no penalties for doing so and the GOP welcomes it. Why not hack our election to kingdom come in 2020?

Re: Rudy Giuliani: "There's nothing wrong about taking information from the Russians"

View attachment 67255520
Hillary did

She even paid for said information

What do you have yo say about that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lol i jist hot into a rather heated debated with my roommate about Giuliani on meet the press today. I thought it was a very good one and i thought Giuliani made the case for Trump's position very well.

Imagine if they did indict someone for that. What possible excuse could they give for not indicting Clinron team members too? Seems like it was a catch 22 for them.

2010 called wanting their predictions and talking points back

AFAIK, it wasn't illegal, just immoral. Consorting with an enemy who has repeatedly acted hostile toward US interests goes up to the line but doesn't seem to cross over into treason. Sad.
That was pre-reset era. Obama and clinyon fixed our relationship with Russia. Your still living in the 80s with Romney

Democrats should accept this new precedent and use it. Bring other countries into our elections and make them a world affair. The rest of the world is aligned with Democratic interests so Republicans can have Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia; we'll take the rest. Then we can listen to short sighted Republicans whine about Canadian Facebook ads and how Mexico was spreading fake news in Alabama. Germany helped win various states that aligned with their interests.

It's all not illegal and okay so let's do it right?

Let's do all the **** Trump and Republicans have done and got away with.

A green light to Russians to continue and even increase their efforts to interfere in our elections. There are no penalties for doing so and the GOP welcomes it. Why not hack our election to kingdom come in 2020?
What penalty would you like to see imposed and on who?

What penalty would you like to see imposed and on who?

For one, any candidate who welcomes and encourages a hostile foreign power to undermine our electoral process should be impeached because he has no business being the head of a democratic government. Mueller made it clear that the Trump campaign's actions did not live up to a criminal standard, but that doesn't mean Trump has any business being a democratic nation's President. To let him remain President encourages future candidates to cheat and, as in the case of Trump, to reward the nation that successfully interferes in our election.

Imagine if they did indict someone for that. What possible excuse could they give for not indicting Clinron team members too? Seems like it was a catch 22 for them.

Not to mention the fact that details would come out as to exactly who these "russians" are and exactly who they were working for. It's a certainty some of these so-called Russians were actually working for the Obama administration.

What is it you are saying Trump did that came 'right up to the line?"

For one, any candidate who welcomes and encourages a hostile foreign power to undermine our electoral process should be impeached because he has no business being the head of a democratic government. Mueller made it clear that the Trump campaign's actions did not live up to a criminal standard, but that doesn't mean Trump has any business being a democratic nation's President. To let him remain President encourages future candidates to cheat and, as in the case of Trump, to reward the nation that successfully interferes in our election.

You guys control the House. If this conduct is as bad as you say, go ahead and impeach him.

View attachment 67255520

The Clinton campaign took information from Russia.
And the Obama Admin used it in court against an American.
Feel free to denounce Trump. But Clinton did the same, and Obama did worse.

Re: Rudy Giuliani: "There's nothing wrong about taking information from the Russians"

Ok i can respect that in principle. In practice how that would be defined is a muxh deeper debate but in general i can agree with your position.

That said you did not actually answer what i asked you.

You guys control the House. If this conduct is as bad as you say, go ahead and impeach him.

Yes, I started a thread that specifically explores the dilemma of filing articles of impeachment that we know will fail in the Senate.

The GOP welcomes it?
The Obama Admin had no worries about using information from Russia in court.

Back
Top Bottom