• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Roe vs. Wade......

Logician Man

Zenyatta
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Were overturned, and abortion became illegal, with the possible exceptions of rape, incest, or threat of bodily harm to the mother...What do you think would be a fair and just sentence for anyone who provided an abortion or received an abortion ?

Dream on, Roe V Wade WILL not be overturned. Ah the good old days of back street abortions. Why should the law be concerned what a women does with her body. No one likes abortions, but most dislike even more the decision to take away that right. If the Right had not sold out to the Evangelicals back in the 80's we would not even be having this discussion.

Were overturned, and abortion became illegal, with the possible exceptions of rape, incest, or threat of bodily harm to the mother...What do you think would be a fair and just sentence for anyone who provided an abortion or received an abortion ?

Threat of bodily harm to the mother would leave the door open to all pregnancies, some they all carry such a threat.

That wouldn't be the effect of overturning RvW. IT would just go back to the states, it wouldn't be made illegal or legal, except in those states that are unified in their decision. No doubt, the national gov. would choose to ignore it as states go their own way. Let the laboratories of democracy work.

That being said, I think being dragged through court for a 500-1000$ fine is enough. No more. If it's more than that, then the state essentially becomes invested in abortions. If it's too less, then there is no justice.

That wouldn't be the effect of overturning RvW. IT would just go back to the states, it wouldn't be made illegal or legal, except in those states that are unified in their decision. No doubt, the national gov. would choose to ignore it as states go their own way. Let the laboratories of democracy work.

That being said, I think being dragged through court for a 500-1000$ fine is enough. No more. If it's more than that, then the state essentially becomes invested in abortions. If it's too less, then there is no justice.

Agreed with Dark, there are only a handful of states with something on the books ready to go if Roe v Wade were reversed and it is arguable what the effect would be. The going assumption is it would be state to state, by either pre Roe v Wade law or post law in wait of this, on what those punishments would be.

All that said enforcement becomes problematic. A "fair and just" sentence in this case becomes just as argumentative as the impact to abortions performed, but at the end of the day it will take those states who have something on the books for this to become vested in enforcement and odds are we are looking at after the fact charges on those they can make an example out of.

But demand suggests that they will continue either by going to states that allow abortions or going underground for those willing to take the risk. Either way I doubt this issue is over even if Roe v Wade is overturned (which is unlikely,) someone will take the risk and challenge some state's law... again.

Same as the innocent received.

Dream on, Roe V Wade WILL not be overturned. Ah the good old days of back street abortions. Why should the law be concerned what a women does with her body. No one likes abortions, but most dislike even more the decision to take away that right. If the Right had not sold out to the Evangelicals back in the 80's we would not even be having this discussion.

Why should we be concerned if a child is murdered? [you do realize this is a hypothesis?]

Last edited:

I would like to see most of the penalty fall on the person who provides the abortion service.
A hefty fine, plus time behind bars (for first time offense).
Second offense would have him lose his license, a heftier fine, plus longer time behind bars.

Discouraging doctors in performing abortion, is the key to this.

Mom should have a psychological assessment, completion of pregnancy-prevention course, counseling,
and/or hefty fine, and/or community service, and/or prison time (depending on individual cases).
Repeat offenders should have a more deterring stiff penalty.

Last edited:
Ask the Taliban. Sounds like the sort of thing they'd be into.

Abortion does not enter into the picture with the Taliban. It's not an issue with them.
"Abortion" takes on a whole new meaning with them
They'd MURDER THE MOM (along with her unborn!)
So....you could say, it'll be the mom who'll get "aborted."

What is it with the right and abortion?

To answer your question, the death penalty of course, the right wouldn't settle for less. An eye for an eye.

Agreed with Dark, there are only a handful of states with something on the books ready to go if Roe v Wade were reversed and it is arguable what the effect would be. The going assumption is it would be state to state, by either pre Roe v Wade law or post law in wait of this, on what those punishments would be.

All that said enforcement becomes problematic. A "fair and just" sentence in this case becomes just as argumentative as the impact to abortions performed, but at the end of the day it will take those states who have something on the books for this to become vested in enforcement and odds are we are looking at after the fact charges on those they can make an example out of.

But demand suggests that they will continue either by going to states that allow abortions or going underground for those willing to take the risk. Either way I doubt this issue is over even if Roe v Wade is overturned (which is unlikely,) someone will take the risk and challenge some state's law... again.
It's weird that people are so confident that RvW will not be overturned. The rhetoric of the left suggests the opposite, as many panic that the court will overturn it...or at least give it a death by a thousand papercuts, as it becomes more and more irrelevant as precedent in current/future abortion decisions.

It's weird that people are so confident that RvW will not be overturned. The rhetoric of the left suggests the opposite, as many panic that the court will overturn it...or at least give it a death by a thousand papercuts, as it becomes more and more irrelevant as precedent in current/future abortion decisions.

The legislative chip away plan is something that has been going on for years. If it is not Roe v Wade, then it is the 2nd Amendment, and so forth. Pushing the boundaries of Constitutional intention with legislative efforts is nothing new we agree.

What gets me are those that think overturning Roe v Wade ends the debate, as if abortion outlawed in some states ends the practice.

We know that is not the case, if we have proven anything time and time again it is that outlawing demand for something never squashes that demand entirely. The irony is those that suggest we can end demand for something will argue the exact opposite when it comes to other prohibition / outlaw efforts.

The legislative chip away plan is something that has been going on for years. If it is not Roe v Wade, then it is the 2nd Amendment, and so forth. Pushing the boundaries of Constitutional intention with legislative efforts is nothing new we agree.

What gets me are those that think overturning Roe v Wade ends the debate, as if abortion outlawed in some states ends the practice.

We know that is not the case, if we have proven anything time and time again it is that outlawing demand for something never squashes that demand entirely. The irony is those that suggest we can end demand for something will argue the exact opposite when it comes to other prohibition / outlaw efforts.

but it's not just legislative though, it's also inside the courts. Once you see RBG be replaced, likely by a Trump appointee, RvW is going to be in place in only an entirely hypothetical matter. It'll be so lax so as to not really affect states at all. I do agree though, that the debate will continue, where I think it should be. Opposition to RvW never died after its decision, so to, if overturned, the debates will just take place in state houses, where it belongs.

Premeditated murder

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Premeditated murder

Who is going to commit this 'premeditated murder' ? It can't be the government because state sponsored executions are 'legal' procedures. What you are advocating is vigilante justice/injustice...a.k.a 'murder'. Not a very smart thing to do in general, much less an open debate forum. Clearly not brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Who is going to commit this 'premeditated murder' ? It can't be the government because state sponsored executions are 'legal' procedures. What you are advocating is vigilante justice/injustice...a.k.a 'murder'. Not a very smart thing to do in general, much less an open debate forum. Clearly not brightest bulb in the chandelier.
Im not advocating anything. You asked what if. If abortion was illegal and they knowingly got or gave abortions. That would be a premeditated murder.

Im not advocating anything. You asked what if. If abortion was illegal and they knowingly got or gave abortions. That would be a premeditated murder.

Then you need to be more clear and state you aren't addressing the question posed in the thread OP, but going off on a tangent. Try to focus a little better next time before responding with a non-answer to the thread topic, and the question posed in the thread OP.

The woman who had one should not be prosecuted. The Abortionist should have his medical license taken away and maybe go to jail.

The woman who had one should not be prosecuted. The Abortionist should have his medical license taken away and maybe go to jail.

What if the woman intentionally tries to kill the fetus by hitting herself in the stomach, or doing mass quantities of illegal drugs like heroine, crack, or meth...or by some other means to kill the fetus ? Do you still think she should get a free pass ?

well eventhough that will never happen like anything it would be circumstantial

how would it be made illegal?
what would the crime be?

you are leaving to mush to guess and assume at . . .

well eventhough that will never happen like anything it would be circumstantial

how would it be made illegal?
what would the crime be?

you are leaving to mush to guess and assume at . . .

Intentionally so, as the thread is a hypothetical. I'm interested in individual's personal 'opinions' only. .not anything based on 'facts'.

Intentionally so, as the thread is a hypothetical. I'm interested in individual's personal 'opinions' only. .not anything based on 'facts'.

Where did i mention facts in my post? LMAO

i asked how would it be made illegal and what the crime would be . . without that its all guessing and nonsensical and doesnt even have a logical premise.

Where did i mention facts in my post? LMAO

i asked how would it be made illegal and what the crime would be . . without that its all guessing and nonsensical and doesnt even have a logical premise.

People giving their 'opinions' has nothing to do with guessing, nor does your tangent. What part of 'hypothetical' are you having trouble comprehending ?

Back
Top Bottom