• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Are people coming back as dogs?

RobertU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Animal Network show Pet Star (2002-2005), hosted by Mario Lopez, was a contest between owners and their pets who performed tricks for cash rewards that ranged from $2,500 to $25,000.

One episode featured a woman whose dog would turn over alphabet blocks to spell words. She claimed that when she first exposed the animal to the blocks, the dog spelled out the name of her late mother, which led her to believe that the dog was the reincarnation of her parent. Lopez had no reaction to this revelation.

Could people be returning as dogs or other pets? Considering the moral decline of America, many people could be demoted in their next turn of existence. Widespread use of contraceptives and abortions may also reduce the availability of human bodies for returning souls.

The growing acceptance of pets as family members suggests that people may intuitively sense some human background in their animals. In the United States, older people have fewer grandchildren to dote on; reincarnated people in pets could be a substitute.

The next time you look at Fido, this is what you may really see:

InvBodySna_dog_cr_sm.jpg

Coming back as? Some already are

My dog's got no nose.

Some people believe so... I am not one of those people...

According to Hinduism and some sects of Buddhism, the answer is yes. One can even reincarnate as a worm if their past life had terrible karma.

Are people coming back as dogs?

Dog lovers, generally speaking, torture their dogs.

They keep them home alone all day and spend a few minutes a day with them.

Dogs are social animals that need to be part of a pack to feel secure. Not only that, can you imagine the monotony a dog goes through being is such confined
spaces as a house or in many cases just one or two rooms in a house? Can you imagine the anxiety this causes?

Yes there are a few exceptions but generally speaking dog
lovers" are torturing their dogs.

That's humans for you, only care about themselves.

According to Hinduism and some sects of Buddhism, the answer is yes. One can even reincarnate as a worm if their past life had terrible karma.

Greetings, PoS. :2wave:

Interesting thought! :thumbs: Do animals have souls?

According to most religions, the answer is yes- animals do have souls.

Hi Polgara! The Bible calls all living things souls, even life in the oceans...Revelation 16:3...

What does a "terrible" worm reincarnate as?

Torture???? Torture?????

Seriously?

:roll:

It is extremely stressful to the average house dog the way the average owner treats them.

I "get" that they love their dog and never consider the anxiety their life in relative isolation causes them.

Think of how a human would respond to such treatment, a dog reacts very similarly.

Dog lovers even neuter their animals.

If you look objectively, it's horrible and a life of constant torment.

It is extremely stressful to the average house dog the way the average owner treats them.

I "get" that they love their dog and never consider the anxiety their life in relative isolation causes them.

Think of how a human would respond to such treatment, a dog reacts very similarly.

Dog loves even neuter their animals.

Please give an example of how you think the "average" dog-owner treats their dog.
What's "average" in your mind?

Please give an example of how you think the "average" dog-owner treats their dog.
What's "average" in your mind?

The dog is left most the day alone at home and is not part of a pack of other dogs.

Instead of 24 hours a day of social interaction with a pack of other dogs he has a couple hours with a few humans, who he is forced to accept as his pack.

He doe snot develop normally as he goes through no courtships with other dogs as he grows. Again, think of a human unable to pursue reproduction and spending so much time in total isolation.

Most house dogs are clinically neurotic as a result. It is neither physically nor physiologically health.

Neutered? What is then the point of life?

The dog is left most the day alone at home and is not part of a pack of other dogs.

Instead of 24 hours a day of social interaction with a pack of other dogs he has a couple hours with a few humans, who he is forced to accept as his pack.

He doe snot develop normally as he goes through no courtships with other dogs as he grows. Again, think of a human unable to pursue reproduction and spending so much time in total isolation.

Most house dogs are clinically neurotic as a result. It is neither physically nor physiologically health.

Neutered? What is then the point of life?

Where do you get your information from???? What source?

Where do you get your information from???? What source?

Go to Google Scholar and you can find much on this. It may take some work.

This is not something that I champion or crusade about so I have no books or studies at my figure tips to offer you. It is knowledge I have from years of reading, study and experience.

I understand how owners do not mean this harm and I am not making any moral judgement.

I just thought it would be good to point this out for those that really do care and are receptive.

Most will just have a closed mind and never even process what is really at play when they "own" a dog. Most will just rant at me for introducing fact to something that is emotional to them. Thanks for not so doing.

Peace

Go to Google Scholar and you can find much on this. It may take some work.

This is not something that I champion or crusade about so I have no books or studies at my figure tips to offer you. It is knowledge I have from years of reading, study and experience.

I understand how owners do not mean this harm and I am not making any moral judgement.

I just thought it would be good to point this out for those that really do care and are receptive.

Most will just have a closed mind and never even process what is really at play when they "own" a dog. Most will just rant at me for introducing fact to something that is emotional to them. Thanks for not so doing.

Peace

I will not deny that there are plenty of people out there that own pets (not just dogs) that certainly shouldn't own them.

However I also know plenty of people who treat their pets better than many people treat their own children.

Providing shelter. Warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer.
Providing food and water.
Treats.
Toys.
Love and affection.
Companionship.
A place to sleep.
Protection from predators.
Doctor and medical help.

Simply neutering a dog is not torture.

My dogs are far from tortured prisoners.

Dog lovers even neuter their animals.

Yeah, it's so horrible...I wish I had my dog's life...they're spoiled rotten...

Isn't the point of life to reproduce?

I understand you love you dog.

consider the science in the future

peace

The point of life is to reproduce?

Consider the science?

I don't even know what that means.

Isn't the point of life to reproduce?

I understand you love you dog.

consider the science in the future

peace

We are to be their stewards...granted, some people abuse that privilege but not everyone...

"Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” Genesis 1:28

Back
Top Bottom