• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump fire Mueller? If he does - Impeach?

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Will fire Mueller - Yes

Will fire Mueller - No

Will fire Mueller - unsure-other

If Mueller fired - Impeach Trump Yes

If Mueller fired - Impeach Trump No

Impeach Trump- Unsure -other

Last edited:

Will fire Mueller - Yes

Will fire Mueller - No

That would be the last straw. It was Nixon's mistake. Trump got a mulligan for the first time, but he cannot and will not survive...maybe not through law but I worry that the streets will burn, heads will be broken and lives will be lost. Or worse, that Americans continue to whine and do nothing

I could be wrong but isn't this a two step process?

Isn't it only the AG that can dismiss Mueller and end the investigation?

In that case wouldn't Sessions need to tow the line or Trump would need to dismiss him, appoint someone who'd tow the line then get Mueller fired?

If it comes to that, one would hope Congress would grow a spine and intervene, there'd be little more proof you'd need to ascertain that Trump is trying to hide something than that... Unless of course you were a Trump supporter.

But with the reaction that he got when it seemed like he was actually poised to do just this with Sessions, I doubt he will do it and if he did, he'd have to feel significantly more threatened than he appears to be now, right now we're at raging twitter stage.

That would be the last straw. It was Nixon's mistake. Trump got a mulligan for the first time, but he cannot and will not survive...maybe not through law but I worry that the streets will burn, heads will be broken and lives will be lost. Or worse, that Americans continue to whine and do nothing

The liberals are certainly whipping up as much hate as they can.

Last edited:
He wont fire Mueller unless at the request of Congress after their investigations into any possible misconduct of Mueller and his team justifies it.

Otherwise, IMO he will allow the investigation to continue until people realize there is nothing there and they demand the investigation end, or Mueller declares he is done.

Will fire Mueller - Yes

Will fire Mueller - No

Why should he impeach him?

Two GOP Representatives from Florida, Matt Gaetz and Ron DeSantis, have been lobbying their fellow Republicans on Capitol Hill that Mueller has to go.

Traveling on an Air Force One flight to Pensacola, Florida last week, Gaetz and DeSantis tried to convince Trump to fire Mueller immediately

The liberals are certainly whipping up as much hate as they can.

I think it’s the republicans who are fueling the fire against Mueller.

If Trump fires Mueller - the Republican action will determine if we have a working system of checks and balances or if they prefer to play the role of Trumps convenient buttboy.

I would hope that is NOT their choice but I would not bet on their courage.

In that case wouldn't Sessions need to tow the line or Trump would need to dismiss him, appoint someone who'd tow the line then get Mueller fired?

If it comes to that, one would hope Congress would grow a spine and intervene, there'd be little more proof you'd need to ascertain that Trump is trying to hide something than that... Unless of course you were a Trump supporter.

But with the reaction that he got when it seemed like he was actually poised to do just this with Sessions, I doubt he will do it and if he did, he'd have to feel significantly more threatened than he appears to be now, right now we're at raging twitter stage.

The AG is charged with hiring a special prosecutor, but Trump is over the Executive Branch. Consequently, Mueller works at the pleasure of the President.

Is this a thing now?

If Trump "fires" Mueller, he will only place himself on a silver platter (which would nicely match the silver spoon up his ass) for obstruction. Best to keep the dice rolling around on the table and hope this thing fizzles out Benghazi style.

I proclaimed Mueller ungettable June or July....nothing has changed. The Rebellion is doing a decent job of running down his reputation though, which has the Intelligentsia all kinds of pissed off...that has been fun to watch.

Sessions recuse himself, goes to Rosenstein, if he refuses, down the line, each one that refuses they resign or are fired.

The AG is charged with hiring a special prosecutor, but Trump is over the Executive Branch. Consequently, Mueller works at the pleasure of the President.

I think post 13 is the correct procedure for firing Mueller.
AG is recused.

I think post 13 is the correct procedure for firing Mueller.
AG is recused.

Agreed. I wasn’t clear in my point about Trump being over the Executive Branch and that Mueller works at the pleasure of the President.

Yes, Trump most likely won’t directly fire Mueller. Only the deputy attorney general who appointed Mueller can fire him and only for cause. But Trump could fire the Deputy AG who hired Mueller.

“Or Trump can order the special-counsel regulations repealed and fire Mueller himself”.. But Trump is too busy watching TV to see who is bad mouthing him and then Twitter about them.

Agreed. I wasn’t clear in my point about Trump being over the Executive Branch and that Mueller works at the pleasure of the President.

Yes, Trump most likely won’t directly fire Mueller. Only the deputy attorney general who appointed Mueller can fire him and only for cause. But Trump could fire the Deputy AG who hired Mueller.

“Or Trump can order the special-counsel regulations repealed and fire Mueller himself”.. But Trump is too busy watching TV to see who is bad mouthing him and then Twitter about them.

Seems that the rhetoric for firing him has increased in the past few months.

He wont fire Mueller unless at the request of Congress after their investigations into any possible misconduct of Mueller and his team justifies it.
Otherwise, IMO he will allow the investigation to continue until people realize there is nothing there and they demand the investigation end, or Mueller declares he is done.

Why is team Trump/Fox attacking the FBI if there is nothing to hide? Have there been any charges that were not evidenced?
Is there any hint of charges or is there any conceivable way that Mueller's team would bring charges against a president without it being air-tight? If not, then why are they attacking Mueller, the FBI, etc?

Why is team Trump/Fox attacking the FBI if there is nothing to hide? Have there been any charges that were not evidenced?
Is there any hint of charges or is there any conceivable way that Mueller's team would bring charges against a president without it being air-tight? If not, then why are they attacking Mueller, the FBI, etc?

Why is the FBI investigating Trump to FIND a crime, as opposed to investigating an actual crime to find who did it?

How come the only investigation "successes" so far are two people convicted of lying to an FBI agent (the same supervising agent recently found to have issues with Hillary support/bias) about things that were apparently not illegal, and 4 charges against an unpaid and short-term campaign manager that have nothing to do with Russian election interference and everything to do with his personal profit in a 9 year period prior to the campaign?

Where is the "smoking gun?" Where is the "conspiracy crime?"

The Mueller team is being targeted because of possible bias, and based on that bias the possibility of entrapment (with the lying charges if FBI tapes already showed the Flynn/Papadopoulos contacts), and other planned efforts to undermine the current administration.

I don't know if these things are true or not...but they fall into the same category of "suspicions" which promulgated the Trump investigation in the first place.

To put the shoe on the other foot, if Mueller's team has nothing to hide, then why worry about the investigation into the possibility? :coffeepap:

Last edited:
Why is the FBI investigating Trump to FIND a crime, as opposed to investigating an actual crime to find who did it?
Good point.
I know they have information we don't.
If I add your premise that tells us they know the thing they are investigating.
Iirc, the thing they are investigating is laid out specifically in the document which gives Mueller his charge. ( I can link to it if you like)
The thing which is being investigated is Russia's meddling in our election.

Why someone as informed as yourself would pretend ignorance on this?
You're not actually making a point other than to point out your own feigned ignorance.

:shrug:

What he said...^^^^

Trump won't fire Mueller until one of his family is indicted, or he feels Mueller is getting close to discovering a Trump financial crime (i.e. money laundering etc).

Trump/Fox are not the problem in regards to the FBI. Congress, the investigation they asked the DOJ IG to do and the results of that investigation is the problem for the FBI. Mueller, by hiring people who are caught up in that investigation, is also liable to sustain collateral damage.

I don't think Trump will fire Mueller, or at least not without some backing/support from congress/others.

At the moment, firing him would look like, and be, an attempt to interfere with the ongoing investigation - obstructing justice, in other words. So unless significant reasons to doubt that investigation's validity surface, I think Trump won't do anything.
If he DOES fire Mueller, despite all that, I think impeachment will at least be attempted.
And frankly, in such a case, impeachment would appear warranted, without much more evidence that the investigation is flawed or unjust in some way.

We simply cannot have anyone, even a president, obstructing the rule of law.
Hell, we have enough problems from money twisting the rule of law to suit those with it.

Trump/Fox are not the problem in regards to the FBI. Congress, the investigation they asked the DOJ IG to do and the results of that investigation is the problem for the FBI. Mueller, by hiring people who are caught up in that investigation, is also liable to sustain collateral damage.
Yes, the Republican lead congress is picking up on the direction their party leadership is pointing them in. Are you surprised at that or are you saying you really think they are two distinct phenomenon?

Back
Top Bottom