• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Tears of Joy and Ladies Hankies

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Today I had a luncheon in my honor with a group of women I have great respect and love. The reason for the luncheon was my birthday. Go figure and they came bearing gifts! I got to tell you I was humbled.

A couple of these fine ladies were over the age of 80. Their life for most part have been a true testimony to the LORD. Both have health issues but never try to miss a beat.

One elderly lady passed out cards to all present that were inspirational and inside each card there was a beautiful hankie. She said this was a hankie for tears of joy.
Then she went on to tell about a group of women at her church who want to shout out a praise during a testimony, sermon, reading of the Word, or an alter call etc. often involving those they had earnestly been praying for, instead chose to wave their hankies so not to disrupt the services. And with that hankie wipe their tears of joy.

So I am going to place this beautiful hankie in my purse for all times in hopes of wiping a lot of tears of joy. I have Kleenex for everything else.

I'm not religious but that sounds like a nice tradition.

Today I had a luncheon in my honor with a group of women I have great respect and love. The reason for the luncheon was my birthday. Go figure and they came bearing gifts! I got to tell you I was humbled.

A couple of these fine ladies were over the age of 80. Their life for most part have been a true testimony to the LORD. Both have health issues but never try to miss a beat.

One elderly lady passed out cards to all present that were inspirational and inside each card there was a beautiful hankie. She said this was a hankie for tears of joy.
Then she went on to tell about a group of women at her church who want to shout out a praise during a testimony, sermon, reading of the Word, or an alter call etc. often involving those they had earnestly been praying for, instead chose to wave their hankies so not to disrupt the services. And with that hankie wipe their tears of joy.

So I am going to place this beautiful hankie in my purse for all times in hopes of wiping a lot of tears of joy. I have Kleenex for everything else.

Greetings, Vesper. :2wave:

I hope I haven't made a mistake - I have your birthday listed on my birthday rolodex as August 13! *wringing hands in dismay* I hope this was merely a good day for just celebrating your birthday with your friends in real life, because I sure plan on offering my good wishes two days from now so all your friends here can celebrate, too. Is that okay? *embarrassed*

Greetings, Vesper. :2wave:

I hope I haven't made a mistake - I have your birthday listed on my birthday rolodex as August 13! *wringing hands in dismay* I hope this was merely a good day for just celebrating your birthday with your friends in real life, because I sure plan on offering my good wishes two days from now so all your friends here can celebrate, too. Is that okay? *embarrassed*

Yes Pol my birthday is the 13th. I will be 65. This year the celebration started two days early with friends. G-d bless you Pol for your efforts to acknowledge those on this forum on their birthdays.

Yes Pol my birthday is the 13th. I will be 65. This year the celebration started two days early with friends. G-d bless you Pol for your efforts to acknowledge those on this forum on their birthdays.

Whew! Glad I didn't have the date wrong! :2dance: I enjoy birthdays because they are one of the fun things around here to think about, unlike the world problems we need to fix! :mrgreen:

We seem to have many new people lately, but without knowing their birthdays, it's impossible to wish them a good day. I hope they realize that, and if they wish to be included, to please let me know, since I haven't yet learned how to read minds! :lamo

Happy Birthday, Vesper! Sending best wishes to you and the strong women who support you and in their way other women.

That's totally awesome. And....

Happy Birthday!!!!!​

:2birthday:2birthday:2birthday:
:2party::2party:

Thank you so much Countryboy! I thought it was totally awesome too. :) I was blessed with her testimony and was busting at the seams to share. And DP gave me that place to do just that!

Thank you for the birthday wishes as well. You know in my family we are use to weddings being a three day event but birthdays not so. But this birthday is turning into a three day affair.
Yesterday was very special, today was too and tomorrow the kids and grandkids will be here. I am glad they are showing up because I have received boxes of Anthony Thomas Chocolates, Cheryl's Cookies and need some help making them disappear. :)

Back
Top Bottom