• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do You do for Your CARDIO workouts?

cuban smokes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I do some basic stuff for my cardio workouts; just bike & treadmill

try to keep the BPM @ 140 to 160 for a minimum 30 minutes on the bike & BPMs @ 110 to 130 for 60 minutes on the treadmill

WHAT are you folks here @ DP doing for your cardio workouts? I need some NEW ideas :cool: Thanks ......

Conditions permitting, I bicycle 20 miles a day, 3 days a week. I try to get 1,500 miles per season, but it depends upon how early a start in the season I can get.

There's still too much sand on the road from Winter.
And bicycling on a paved road covered in sand is tantamount to bicycling an unpaved road.

Bitter experience has taught me bicycling unpaved roads (or sand) basically doubles my maintenance costs per year.
So I try to keep it on clean pavement where possible.

When I bicycle this much, I end up paying more for maintenance on my bicycles than I do on my car. My bikes get several $hundred $dollars a year out of me.

I used to be able to do 20 miles in 90 minutes. I'm up to about 105 minutes *, depending upon which of the 3 twenty mile courses I'm riding.

Seems to be pretty good exercise, though I don't have a heart-rate monitor, and a recent test of consumer heart-rate wristband devices indicates they're so inaccurate they shouldn't be considered medical devices.

* That's on a newer, slower bike. I got the older, substantially better Schwinn rebuilt from the crank-bearing up. We'll see if that shaves some time of my course average.

Run so that I'm breathing heavily the whole time.

2.7 or 5.4 miles.

I got a Nordic track treadmill in one of the rooms in my house. 30 minute run every weekday for 3 miles, I will sometimes add swimming if my son wants to play in the pool.

Back
Top Bottom