• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Thug the new N-word

Is the word thug the new N-word

• yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • to you only

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Obama and the mayor of Baltimore called the looters and rock throwers thugs..some people took offense I am black and I did not take offense at all...all color thugs steal and destroy property

I voted no, but I am pretty sure when the PC cycle is done saying thug will be like saying the n-word. Blacks will be free to use say either whenever and however, but everyone else is a racist for even thinking about either one.

A thug is a thug. His skin color is irrelevant.

According to some here it is. I've used the term here and was promptly accused of being a racist as a result. So my vote is "Yes", but with the caveat that it's being grossly misused when it is.

It depends on who's using it and what for.

An example of it being used as a subtle slur was during the Richard Sherman debacle before the Superbowl.

Thugs, savages, barbarians, come in all colors shapes and sizes.

the far left, likes to suggest use of such words are racist, says more about them, than anyone else.

Thugs, savages, barbarians, come in all colors shapes and sizes.

the far left, likes to suggest use of such words are racist, says more about them, than anyone else.

Well.....we have seen this before even over as little a business negotiations. Someone has to be the thug. KnowWhatImean.:2razz:

th

I think it could depend on the context of how you are using it and the emphasis you put on the word, but in a general sense no. I think conservatives in general use the word "thug" to disparage any group of people they don't like, not necessarily blacks. In the case of Obama and the mayor, they were just using a proper definition of what these guys were when they were slashing fire hoses and raiding gas stations.

Back
Top Bottom