• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Marco Rubio says sexual preference is not a choice

SlevinKelevra

Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Marco Rubio says sexual preference is not a choice | MSNBC

Newly declared Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio said Sunday that he believes being gay is not a choice.

“I … don’t believe that your sexual preferences are a choice for the vast and enormous majority of people. And, In fact, the bottom line is that I believe that sexual preference is something people are born with,” Rubio, a senator from Florida, told “Face the Nation” host Bob Schieffer.

Although Rubio continues to be generally opposed to gay marriage, it appears his position on the key social issue is evolving. Just Tuesday, Rubio told reporters that he has never supported a national constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, despite a 2010 voter guide from a leading social conservative group indicating he supported such an amendment.
:shock:

RINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lamo

Well, that campaign was fun while it lasted.

Yup. Wont have a chance in the GOP Primary. He's a goner.

How long until he comes out to say it was all the fault of the "liberal" show host/reporter and he really didn't mean what he said?

This forum probably has gigabytes worth of people screaming that sexual orientation is a choice. I'm sure they'll start evolving on this issue soon enough.

I wouldn't be so quick to try to push Rubio off the stage. I think there are plenty of social conservatives who believe that homosexuality is not a choice. How one behaves, of course, is always a choice, but not necessarily orientation.

I happen to believe that sexual orientation is not a choice and that gays should have the right to marry whomever they choose. I like Marco Rubio and that's not just because I'm a U alum as well. He appeals to younger conservatives like myself and does appear to be evolving on the subject of gay marriage, although he doesn't yet believe gay marriage is a constitutional right (probably where I disagree with him the most).

Anyway - believe it or not - there are many "social" conservatives whom believe gay people were born that way. Now, I just believe we should go all the way and allow gay marriage across the board - older social conservatives (imho) are doing us younger members (whom are the future) of the GOP no justice in their bigotry towards homosexuals. "Oh, but the Bible says!" And that is precisely why the GOP will most likely continue to lose presidential elections - as well as us younger voters.

Back
Top Bottom