• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin awards medal to chief suspect in Litvinenko murder

face your

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday awarded a medal of honour to the chief suspect in the murder of former Russian security agent Alexander Litvinenko for "services to the fatherland".

Putin is a war criminal and mass murderer guilty of ethnic cleansing in the Crimea and South Ossettia who has absolutely no qualms slaughtering political dissidents, critical reporters, and now even opposition politicians.

Did US sanctions work? If not what is the next move?

Did US sanctions work? If not what is the next move?

Increasing the sanctions regime and possibly arming the resistance to Russian Imperialistic expansionism in the Ukraine.

Increasing the sanctions regime and possibly arming the resistance to Russian Imperialistic expansionism in the Ukraine.

LOL...who is playing imperialist? USA or Russia?

Putin did it right. Kill or capture the enemy before he kills you.

Russia unless we want to take territory for are selves

The nation that has just recently invaded and annexed the territory of their neighbor in an illegal war of conquest and then proceeded to engage in ethnic cleansing therein.

Putin did it right. Kill or capture the enemy before he kills you.

Putin is an internationally condemned war criminal, the Ukraine was not Russia's enemy and never threatened their base in the Crimea, and the assertions regarding protection of ethnic Russians is just as laughable as Hitler's claim that the invasions of Poland and greater Czechoslovakia were to protect German minorities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfsfoFqsFk4

American Imperialism: Crash Course US History #28

The US hasn't annexed territory for nearly a century; furthermore, this is how things were done by powerful nations during the colonial era, but now we have a little thing called the UN Charter and the Nuremberg Principles which prohibit aggressive wars of conquest and have since WW2, it's called international law and Putin overtly violated it with the annexation of the Crimea.

The US hasn't annexed territory for nearly a century; furthermore, this is how things were done by powerful nations during the colonial era, but now we have a little thing called the UN Charter and the Nuremberg Principles which prohibit aggressive wars of conquest and have since WW2, it's called international law and Putin overtly violated it with the annexation of the Crimea.

History shows both US and Russia are imperialists. It's like "the pot calling the kettle black".

Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday awarded a medal of honour to the chief suspect in the murder of former Russian security agent Alexander Litvinenko for "services to the fatherland".

Putin is a war criminal and mass murderer guilty of ethnic cleansing in the Crimea and South Ossettia who has absolutely no qualms slaughtering political dissidents, critical reporters, and now even opposition politicians.

He is just flashing a warning to the big mouthed press of the country and it is only fair that he tell them that there is no escape. ;)

Wow Putin apparently doesn't even care about the optics of this.

An autocrat that says that he long planed and then executed a devastating breach of highest international law by invading and annexing a foreign nation is using intimidation and terror as a tool. It is exactly those optics you speak of he cares about and that he wants to create.

History shows both US and Russia are imperialists. It's like "the pot calling the kettle black".

Not really. The expansion into the West was not imperial in the normal sense of the word and after some early flirting with the idea and experimentation the US seems to have decided that it was not what the US is about. All you might say is that the US has been a hegemonistic culture due to its dynamism, size and commitment to the democracy and free trade. But that is not a bad thing.

American imperialism is in the blood today.

so still just Russia dealing in murder and land grabbing and controlling others in this case got it

so still just Russia dealing in murder and land grabbing and controlling others in this case got it

What are you doing about the Palestine land grab?

no 1 has touched any of Palestine around Russia don't be silly

not a fan of Israeli settlements in Palestine myself but at least im not defined other country's doing similar ****

all you want to do is bash America in this case why?

American imperialism is in the blood today.

Just so I'm sure I'm understanding this correctly: Putin has one of his political opponents murdered in cold blood, then gives a medal to the killer, and the only thing you talk about in this thread is "American imperialism"?

Wtf is the matter with you? Why would you continue to try to derail the thread over something completely and totally unrelated? I'm not a fan of America's imperialist policies either, but your hate seems to go deep enough to drag it into discussions about murder.

no 1 has touched any of Palestine around Russia don't be silly

not a fan of Israeli settlements in Palestine myself but at least im not defined other country's doing similar ****

all you want to do is bash America in this case why?
I bash for the right reasons and applies to all countries.

Just so I'm sure I'm understanding this correctly: Putin has one of his political opponents murdered in cold blood, then gives a medal to the killer, and the only thing you talk about in this thread is "American imperialism"?

Wtf is the matter with you? Why would you continue to try to derail the thread over something completely and totally unrelated? I'm not a fan of America's imperialist policies either, but your hate seems to go deep enough to drag it into discussions about murder.

The OP mentioned Russian Imperialist Expansionism. USA has similar ambitions using economic threats.

The OP mentioned Russian Imperialist Expansionism. USA has similar ambitions using economic threats.

That wasn't even a major point within the OP, and America was never mentioned. You're just here to spew anti-American rhetoric without addressing the topic. I have no problem criticizing American foreign policy, but when you try to insert it into threads about presidents murdering political dissidents, you're being incredibly dishonest and you're derailing the thread on purpose.

Back
Top Bottom