• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Almost 10 years after, Will Natalee Holloway ever be found?

Will Natalee Holloway's case ever be solved and or will her body be found?

• The case will be solved and her body will be recovered

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • the case will not be solved but her body will be recovered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the case will be solved but her body will never be found

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • the case will not be solved and she will not be found

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I doubt they will find her but I will pray/hope that she will be found

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I am too young to know or care about Natalee or this case

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other, namely......................................

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Peter King

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
There is a new news story from a Dutch newspaper about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway

I saw Joran bury Natalee in a crawl space

'Ik zag Joran Natalee in de kruipruimte begraven' - AD.nl

Natalee Holloway is buried under a crawl space from the Mariott Hotel in Aruba. This is what Jurriën de Jong says, who claims to be an eye witness to her disappearance. But so far the authorities have not done anything with his tip off. But so far the authorities have not done anything with his tip off. More obscure tip offs have been investigated but with my obvious tip off nothing has been done since I gave it several years ago.

He has spent thousands of euro's to aid the investigation. Jurriën Auke de Jong (59) has travelled to Aruba three times, had his witness statement recorded under oath and presented his information to the district attorneys office several times. But he has not been able to get the prosecution office to investigate the location where he claims Natalee's body has been laying for 10 years, under the concrete floor of the Marriot Aruba Surf Hotel. This is a last ditch attempt to force the hand of the prosecution office.

His story starts in a building site, where in 2005 the Marriott Hotel is being built. The site is on the westcoast of Aruba and is just a stone's throw away from the Holiday Inn where Natelee was staying during her vacation in Aruba. De Jong says that he was on that building site regularly during that time for criminal purposes. The only thing he wants to say about this is that they were drugsrelated. The reason why I have not been forthcoming about what he saw that night was those drugsrelated activities. I wanted to protect myself and my family from negative consequences.

Voices.

Jurriën de Jong says that in the night that Natalee disappeared, May 30th 2005, he heard voices at the fence of the building site. Later he realizes that those 2 voices are the voices of van der Sloot and Natalee Holloway. Then he hears the gate being open. He immediately goes into hiding.

,,I see Joran running after Natalee. They are going into a small building being built. The lower stairs to the building are missing so they have to climb onto the landing. What happens then he does not know. But something must have gone wrong because sometime later Joran comes out carrying Natalee in his arms. He puts her down on the landing, jumps down, pulls her onto his shoulder. Then he throws her body on the ground.

De Jong sees how Joran hides the body under the building that is under construction. He digs his way to the entry of the crawl space and pulls Natalee inside. After about a minute Joran reappears, closes the hole with sand and goes back to the fence.

A few days after Natalee disappeared de Jong flies back to the Netherlands. "I was too scared to talk about what I saw for a very long time, because I would have had to tell why I was there on that building site.

But when he sees a show from Peter R. de Vries in 2008, in which Joran claims that Natalee died on the beach and was dumped in the sea, he tells what he knows. "I knew what Joran was saying was one big lie and thus I decided to give my tip off to the prosecution office".

At first he decided to keep his own illegal activities secret, but his cryptical messages did not cause the prosecution to investigate them. De Jong then starts with his own investigation. He flies to Aruba in 2009 and studies the blueprint of the Aruba Marriott Surf Club Hotel. According him Natalee is buried below the staircase from the socalled Spyglass Tower.

Diamond drill.
After the prosecution office has not taken a look in 2010, the Amsterdam native then starts his own investigation. With a diamond drill he tries to drill a hole in the floor of the hotel. The spy mission fails miserably. The drill fails and he is caught. "In hindsight I am happy it failed because if I had succeeded I might have left some dna behind and that would, according to lawyer Geert-Jan Knoops, not have been a smart thing to leave behind on a crime scene".

De Jong refuses to stop. He writes everybody, the DA, the prosecutor general, the Marriott hotel central office, Natalee's father David Holloway. According to de Jong Natalee's father had stated that there was a strong odor of decomp around the building site.

PART 1

PART 2

Rotting flesh
"During my search on the island I noted the smell of rotting flesh from animals", is something Dave Holloway writes in an email to the head of the prosecution office at the time Peter Blanken. "Most often it was a dead dog or some other animal. (......) Over a period of several days I smelled the same smell coming off the construction site". But with all the distraction at the time he did not take too much notice.

De Jong contacts dr. Richard Jantz from the Bodyfarm, an American institute whch studies the decomp of bodies. "The days that Dave Holloway thought he smelled a decomp smell from the buidling site, is conclusive with the calculations I received back from the Bodyfarm".

Is Jurriën de Jong one of the crazies who have come out of the woodwork since Natalee's disappearance. Dave Holloway has seen a lot of them come and go in the years since Natalee's disappearance. But Natalee's father thinks that de Jong could be an important witness, or so he writes head DA Blanken.

Blanken talks in 2013 for more than 1 hour with Jurriën de Jong, but he sees no need for further investigation. The DA says that the story de Jong is giving him lacks credibility. The current head DA Eric Olthof explains: "On a small island like Aruba there is not enough capacity to investigate every single tip off. The statements about the smell and the description of how tallk the 2 individuals he claims were Natalee and Joran were elements of his story that where than unbelievable that his statement was found to lack credibility.."

De Jong is still angry about the rejection of his tip off. "What I find unbelievable is that you say that a statement lacks credibility because an eyewitness incorrectly describes the difference in height between Natalee and Joran by 3 inches. It happened very quickly and it was the dead of night. And I also do not believe the excuse about lacking capacity to investigate further. Mister Blanken only had to agree to a viewing operation by making a small hole that the Marriott's own investigation squad could have performed". The determined eye witness thinks the DA does not want to solve this case. De Jong: "There has to be a reason why the prosecution refuses to search under the Marriott Hotel. Tip offs that were less credible than mine were investigated."

Spokesperson Laura Botelho from the Marriott-hotel confirms there has been contact with Jurriën de Jong about the case, they she is waiting for the green light from the prosecution. "As always we will fully work with the authorities if they decided to open an official investigation."

On May 30th it will be 10 years since Natalee Ann Holloway disappeared. She was 18 when she disappeared on the small island of Aruba. A lot of things have happened in those 10 years.

The now 27 year old Joran van der Sloot was always the prime suspect in the case, he was one (if not the) last person to be seen with Natalee. Joran lied his head off from day one of this case, spent considerable time in jail but sadly there was no evidence to convict him so he was let go.

Since then he has been found guilty of the murder Stephany Ramirez in Lima Peru. Why he killed her is anybody's guess, but the reality is that she is dead and Joran was sentenced to 28 years in jail, after which the little bastard will have to go to the US where he will most likely stand trial in the USA for extortion and wire fraud.

I am not sure the evidence given here was by this de Jong is true but I hope they will search where he has indicated. He should have given an anonymous tip to the police in the Netherlands at the time she disappeared IMHO, now there is some doubt whether or not it is the truth.

I thought van der Sloot admitted to her mother he was the one?

There is a new news story from a Dutch newspaper about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway

PART 1

It's really mean of her to hide under the stairs so long.

I thought van der Sloot admitted to her mother he was the one?

That was the extortion part if I remember correctly, that he would divulge her location for 250 grand, but he said in the press that he did not know where she was and just wanted the money.

I chose "Other". The case is solved. He killed her. He just won't ever pay for it. And no, her body will never be found. She has long since been devoured.

It kinda looks like that scum might be a serial killer, how else do you explain getting away with murder then killing someone else? It seems he has a compulsion to murder people.

I tend to think that when someone is missing that long, he/she's probably dead, and maybe the body will eventually turn up, but probably not.

But as long as the body is never found, there's always a bit of hope. Consider Jaycee Dugard, who, at the age of eleven years, vanished in 1991. Eighteen years later, now 29 years old, she was found alive and amazingly well considering what she turned out to have been through. Perhaps Miss Holloway is still alive out there, somewhere, and may turn up alive and well, as Miss Dugard did. Probably not, but you never know.

I chose "Other". The case is solved. He killed her. He just won't ever pay for it. And no, her body will never be found. She has long since been devoured.

But legally it is not solved, there is no evidence to his guilt. We may all believe that he has done it (and I am one of those who thinks that he did it) but evidence is non-existent at the moment.

But legally it is not solved, there is no evidence to his guilt. We may all believe that he has done it (and I am one of those who thinks that he did it) but evidence is non-existent at the moment.

You asked for opinions, and I gave my opinion. The case was solved. He killed her.

You asked for opinions, and I gave my opinion. The case was solved. He killed her.

you are right, that is your opinion. But I am just saying that sadly there was no evidence to prosecute, lots of rumors but you cannot prosecute on rumors.

It kinda looks like that scum might be a serial killer, how else do you explain getting away with murder then killing someone else? It seems he has a compulsion to murder people.
Purely circumstantial, but I come to the same conclusion.

I tend to think that when someone is missing that long, he/she's probably dead, and maybe the body will eventually turn up, but probably not.

But as long as the body is never found, there's always a bit of hope. Consider Jaycee Dugard, who, at the age of eleven years, vanished in 1991. Eighteen years later, now 29 years old, she was found alive and amazingly well considering what she turned out to have been through. Perhaps Miss Holloway is still alive out there, somewhere, and may turn up alive and well, as Miss Dugard did. Probably not, but you never know.
The Dugard case is a serious aberration.

Bless your heart. You naive soul. I bet you think gays can be saved with just the right amount of Christian wishing.

If anyone is interested in some of the police transcripts of some of Joran's police interrogations and statements from other parties in the case then I will post them here.

Back
Top Bottom