• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

US Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Despite raised tensions between the U.S. and North Korea recently, there are secret "talks about talks" taking place behind the scenes between the two countries, according to a new report. "The United States and North Korea have been actively discussing the possibility of returning to denuclearization talks, raising the prospect of a new round of diplomacy even as Washington takes a tougher line against Pyongyang.

2015-02-02T150258Z_01_KCNA07_RTRIDSP_3_KOREA-NORTH.jpg

"The countries’ nuclear envoys have been discussing the idea of 'talks about talks,' according to multiple people with knowledge of the conversations. But they have not been able to agree on the logistics — in no small part because of North Korea’s continuing Ebola quarantine," reports the Washington Post.

Cont... U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having

The NoKo's can really see Obama coming. :doh They saw Cuba and Iran get their ways while giving up nothing and want in. Obama will oblige them.

Im sure this was floated to see if theres any blowback received.

"Talks about talks" is a constant process with North Korea.

You wanna make hay out of this, go right ahead but this is very normal.

"Talks about talks" is a constant process with North Korea.

You wanna make hay out of this, go right ahead but this is very normal.

Agreed. I feel like they just keep the same "talks about talks" articles and just reprint them once a year

Wait a minute. Wasn't he killed by Seth Rogan and James Franco?

Despite raised tensions between the U.S. and North Korea recently, there are secret "talks about talks" taking place behind the scenes between the two countries, according to a new report. "The United States and North Korea have been actively discussing the possibility of returning to denuclearization talks, raising the prospect of a new round of diplomacy even as Washington takes a tougher line against Pyongyang.

2015-02-02T150258Z_01_KCNA07_RTRIDSP_3_KOREA-NORTH.jpg

"The countries’ nuclear envoys have been discussing the idea of 'talks about talks,' according to multiple people with knowledge of the conversations. But they have not been able to agree on the logistics — in no small part because of North Korea’s continuing Ebola quarantine," reports the Washington Post.

Cont... U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having

The NoKo's can really see Obama coming. :doh They saw Cuba and Iran get their ways while giving up nothing and want in. Obama will oblige them.

Im sure this was floated to see if theres any blowback received.

They may have to sell weapons to Hezbollah for Obama to want to snuggle with them.

Agreed. I feel like they just keep the same "talks about talks" articles and just reprint them once a year

Usually they go nowhere, but every once in awhile you get a Clinton like breakthrough which actually managed to halt the Norths nuclear ambition for a time.

But alas, the North has never been trustworthy, if anything else you want to talk to the North Koreans and get a sense of who's in charge, get a sense of some of the individuals involved because honestly, knowing more than nothing about your enemy is never a bad thing.

lol

North Korea will never get any consessions out of anyone as long as they have nuclear weapons and starves it`s own people.

Usually they go nowhere, but every once in awhile you get a Clinton like breakthrough which actually managed to halt the Norths nuclear ambition for a time.

But alas, the North has never been trustworthy, if anything else you want to talk to the North Koreans and get a sense of who's in charge, get a sense of some of the individuals involved because honestly, knowing more than nothing about your enemy is never a bad thing.

I think we should do the following to North Korea and Russia:

Completely ignore them

I think we should do the following to North Korea and Russia:

Completely ignore them

Unwise in my honest opinion.

Lack of communication increases the chances that a major misunderstanding will take place which is what almost happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

That's why the Moscow–Washington hotline was invented.

"Talks about talks" with the DPRK have been going on forever. They have been going on in the open and in secret. Why some people think diplomacy is such a bad thing is beyond me..

Unwise in my honest opinion.

Lack of communication increases the chances that a major misunderstanding will take place which is what almost happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

That's why the Moscow–Washington hotline was invented.

I am sure plenty of nations pay no attention to other nations. Do you think Algeria cares about Mexico? probably just ignore each other. (I am just speaking figuratively, as I don't know what nations to business with what nations).

I am sure plenty of nations pay no attention to other nations. Do you think Algeria cares about Mexico? probably just ignore each other. (I am just speaking figuratively, as I don't know what nations to business with what nations).

Mexico and Algeria don't have contrary national ambitions with nuclear weapons to boot...

Back
Top Bottom