• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gruber... who was he talking about when he called Americans "stupid"?

Gruber... who was he talking about when he called Americans "stupid"?

• Republicans (and I's who did not support) ObamaKare)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Demokrats (and I's who supported ObamaKare)

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
He called a lack of trnasparency a “huge political advantage.”
“Basically you know call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever that was really really critical to get the thing to pass,”

Repuiblicans fought the mess called ObamaKare, keying in on basically all the deceptions.

So who are the stupid ones?
Who are the ones that ate the crap?
Who are the ones that defended and promoted ObamaKare?

Can we call these folks... The Stupid Ones?

The Demokrats.

Now, for the Demokrats out there who polluted this site, repeating the lies told to you by Obama/Gruber/Pelosi/Reid... I'd love to hear why your side of the aisle aren't The Stupid Ones.

You folks OWN ObamaKare. It's 100% your stupidity.

And with that... Demokrats... do you have any regrets about supporting Obama/Gruber's mountain of feces?

There is no doubt that he meant those that could be counted on to support the ACA and that he meant liberal democrat (not the O-bots...they could be counted on to support anything blindly) voters.

That being said, had he made the comment ALL voters in general from both parties are stupid, he would have been just as correct. Exhibit A-Congress. Exhibit B-the White House. Low information voters are stupid. Partisan voters are stupid. People that blindly hate republicans are stupid. People that blindly hate democrats are stupid. Theres a whole lot of stupid going on when it comes to politics.

What difference does it make who he was talking about?

I certainly don't much care.

I think in the context of his comments specifically talking about the ACA he was talking about the supporters of the ACA, party being irrelevant. But I also think on a broader scale he was talking in a typical arrogant intellectual elitist obnoxious academia way about all Americans. He has contempt for most of us, that much is obvious.

There is no doubt that he meant those that could be counted on to support the ACA and that he meant liberal democrat (not the O-bots...they could be counted on to support anything blindly) voters.

That being said, had he made the comment ALL voters in general from both parties are stupid, he would have been just as correct. Exhibit A-Congress. Exhibit B-the White House. Low information voters are stupid. Partisan voters are stupid. People that blindly hate republicans are stupid. People that blindly hate democrats are stupid. Theres a whole lot of stupid going on when it comes to politics.

I really wish it could be argued that you are wrong but reasonable observation and intellectual honesty demands agreement.

Have a great day VM

Thom Paine

Repuiblicans fought the mess called ObamaKare, keying in on basically all the deceptions.

The Demokrats.

Now, for the Demokrats out there who polluted this site, repeating the lies told to you by Obama/Gruber/Pelosi/Reid... I'd love to hear why your side of the aisle aren't The Stupid Ones.

And with that... Demokrats... do you have any regrets about supporting Obama/Gruber's mountain of feces?

I am not entirely convinced he was speaking about one political lean or another. I think Gruber legitimately believes the intention of the legislation was to pull a fast one on the American public. At the time, support for Democrats with the help of Independents was rather high. We are talking about something that happened in Obama's first two years of office with a very complicit and Democratic held 111th Congress. I think the lot of them, including Gruber, assumed that since they had power it was time to put something forward sold as a win for everyone under the guise of "we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Obama made similar comments about the intention of the bill. From my chair it means Pelosi, Obama, Gruber and so many others had the intention of selling one concept but burying into ACA so many things that take from others. In that context, everyone is a "stupid" American. Left, Right, Independent, whoever else as ACA hits everyone in the nation.

Unless one can say with certainty that ALL Republicans...without exception...have not supported Obamacare, I cannot see how it is possible to answer the poll. Personally, I think there are at least some Republicans who support Obamacare...therefore, I didn't respond to it. If there had been a "Both of the above" option, I would have chosen that one.

So...instead of couching this issue in terms of Democrat or Republican, I prefer to just call them the stupid people...as Gruber does.

Now...if one would ask me if I thought more Democrats or more Republicans are stupid people, I would have to suppose there are more stupid Democrats.

I am going with "Other". Its obvious when he called Americans stupid he was talking about people that create loaded polls and that cannot spell Democrat correctly. ;)

Of course he might have been talking about those that were so stupid they believed the ACA would bring about Death Panels and Communism, or possibly he was talking about those that were so stupid that they thought the party that passed Medicare and has always supported it would destroy it to pay for the ACA. Perhaps he was talking about those that were so stupid that they raised hell when one of the provisions of the ACA would required participating companies in Medicare Advantage to offer Medicare coverage for - get this - the same cost to taxpayers as traditional Medicare. I mean really when you think about it, there are a lot of reasons for one to think that many of the people involved in the ACA debate were kind of stupid.

IMHO, it was everyone that allowed congress critters to give the federal government a new power to tax income based on how it was not later spent. A mandate to spend your income as directed by the government or surrender that income to the government is far beyond the intent of the 16th amendment.

I am going with "Other". Its obvious when he called Americans stupid he was talking about people that create loaded polls and that cannot spell Democrat correctly. ;)

Of course he might have been talking about those that were so stupid they believed the ACA would bring about Death Panels and Communism, or possibly he was talking about those that were so stupid that they thought the party that passed Medicare and has always supported it would destroy it to pay for the ACA. Perhaps he was talking about those that were so stupid that they raised hell when one of the provisions of the ACA would required participating companies in Medicare Advantage to offer Medicare coverage for - get this - the same cost to taxpayers as traditional Medicare. I mean really when you think about it, there are a lot of reasons for one to think that many of the people involved in the ACA debate were kind of stupid.

The only problem with your suppositions is that Gruber hasn't yet mentioned any of them. As far as I know, he's only talked about stupid Americans who, being dumb when it comes to economics, believed his...and Obama's...lies and spin about the economic effects of Obamacare and he's talked about those stupid Americans who, like the CBO, believed his...and Obama's...lies and spin about the tax/fine issue.

So...until Gruber says something about the things you mentioned, I think I'll just pigeon-hole those in the "personal bias" slot. Who knows, though? He may eventually say something about those things.

I think he was referring to the OP.

Sucks to be you Zim.

Hmm, i think Gruber something rights, some Americans are really easy to manipulate and the result of manipulation f.e. by social networks and tv - is choosing of today's president. So we need not to criticize him, we need to force citizens not to watch CNN and Fox.

Much of American society now gets its "news" from a crawl across at the bottom of the screen. All the while, they are subjected to background programming, talking heads etc. you only hear with part of your brain, which is pretty much pro-Obama, "I feel a tingle down my leg when he speaks" cheering section.

I do not understand the howl of protest from the left on this one, they had no problem being referred to as "low information voters" for a decade, "stupid" is just another, more accurate word for them.

You folks OWN Obamacare.

And with that... Democrats... do you have any regrets about supporting it?

obama-nope.gif

The Demokrats.

Oh, looky, a hyper-partisan question with a hyper-partisan poll with a hyper-partisan conclusion... AND the word "Democrat" is intentionally repeatedly misspelled (as if that somehow makes a relevant point).

:roll:

Anyway, while the topic-du-jour was Obamacare, he was speaking really across-the-board, and about all voters that disagree with him and what he knows best.

The Democrats removed the death panels, after they got busted.

Clearly he was talking about supporters of the democrat party, the rest weren't buying the sunshine and rainbows he was selling.

I think he was referring to the OP.

Sucks to be you Zim.

He was referring to the Democrats and everyone who bought into the BS that is the ACA

Conservatives knew even back then that Obama and the Democrats were liars.

He was referring to the Democrats and everyone who bought into the BS that is the ACA

I never bought into it because the plan(s) that I would need would cost a small fortune. What I wanted (the mandate) got dropped. I picketed BCBS for that one. I was on the tube for about 3/4 of a second. Yah!

Dammit! Help me out here, what was the whole name of that mandate that I was for? lolz!

Anyone with a basic knowledge of economics (let alone politics) knew the democrat party was writing a check it couldn't cash. Gruber just did what he could to convince the last gullible few to support unicorns and leprechauns.

Frankly, it was already known how suggestible and naive the left is-he just said it.

He was talking about all of those other people, not any of the members of the debatepolitics.com brain trust.

He's telling the truth and there's nothing more Americans hate More than that. Even the most ignorant fool on this forum still has a firmer grasp on politics and reality than the average American voter.

Back
Top Bottom