• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

6,100 dead people on Nassau voter rolls[W:74]

Imnukingfutz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Re: 6,100 dead people on Nassau voter rolls

The votes attributed to the dead are too few, and spread over 20 elections since 2000, to consider them a coordinated fraud attempt. More likely is what investigators in other states have found when examining dead voter records: Clerical errors are to blame, such as a person's vote being assigned to a dead person with a similar name.

I blame Obama.

Given the fact that the 6100 votes were spread out over a fifteen year span and no real pattern of abuse suggest the votes are more likely clerical errors than a zombie uprising....

From Op article...

"...The votes attributed to the dead are too few, and spread over 20 elections since 2000, to consider them a coordinated fraud attempt. More likely is what investigators in other states have found when examining dead voter records: Clerical errors are to blame, such as a person's vote being assigned to a dead person with a similar name.

But the sloppy condition of the local voter rolls does suggest that election officials are not utilizing all available methods to maintain a clean list. Besides the dead voters, Newsday's analysis also found more than 842,000 registered New York voters who records show haven't cast a ballot in 10 years. Harvard University professor of government Stephen Ansolabehere, an expert on voter list issues, said those registrations are likely not current....."

6,100 dead people on Nassau voter rolls, Newsday analysis finds - Newsday

Evelyn E. Burwell a former Wantagh resident, who died at age 74, is also among roughly 270 people that records show voted in Nassau County after dying, a group that includes a man who voted 14 times since his death.

Who says the dead arent loyal voters.

You know they would have voted that way and I'll bet they would gladly be wishing us luck! I say let's poll the dead for a good number.

Evelyn E. Burwell a former Wantagh resident, who died at age 74, is also among roughly 270 people that records show voted in Nassau County after dying, a group that includes a man who voted 14 times since his death.

Sounds more like Chicago. I remember a time when Mayor Daley, Richard J. Daley, not his son. When it came to elections he would have his people without Chicago's vote totals until downstate Illinois had reported. He did this so he knew how many dead people would have to vote for the democratic candidate to win. he was so good at this, he could get the same dead person to vote twenty times.

Given the fact that the 6100 votes were spread out over a fifteen year span and no real pattern of abuse suggest the votes are more likely clerical errors than a zombie uprising....

From Op article...

"...The votes attributed to the dead are too few, and spread over 20 elections since 2000, to consider them a coordinated fraud attempt. More likely is what investigators in other states have found when examining dead voter records: Clerical errors are to blame, such as a person's vote being assigned to a dead person with a similar name.

But the sloppy condition of the local voter rolls does suggest that election officials are not utilizing all available methods to maintain a clean list. Besides the dead voters, Newsday's analysis also found more than 842,000 registered New York voters who records show haven't cast a ballot in 10 years. Harvard University professor of government Stephen Ansolabehere, an expert on voter list issues, said those registrations are likely not current....."

Im not as shocked that dead people are on the voting registration, no clerical oversight can catch them all.

What bothers me is 270 have voted after they had died, and 1 dead person voted 14 times since he died.

I dont care what party you align yourself with, this is wrong and needs to be stopped.

This means 10s of thousands of fake vote casts.

This is NOT solved solved by voter ID requirements. This occurs inside the voting place itself by the polling place staff. I was an election judge for the I could have cast as many votes as I wanted to.

What would eliminate voter fraud is using biometric voting machines requiring a recorded unique finger print for each voter.

I dont...I blame no voter ID laws and those that keep fighting them

How do voter ID laws prevent this?

such as a person's vote being assigned to a dead person with a similar name.

Names will still be similar with an ID card.

But if a dead person walks to a poll with an ID card in hand. I think we have a bigger problem on hand.

This means 10s of thousands of fake vote casts.

This is NOT solved solved by voter ID requirements. This occurs inside the voting place itself by the polling place staff. I was an election judge for the I could have cast as many votes as I wanted to.

What would eliminate voter fraud is using biometric voting machines requiring a recorded unique finger print for each voter.

Oh the irony of someone that constantly calls anyone he disagrees with totalitarians, then going on to call for biometric voting machines....

A state issued ID card has a bar code on the reverse side that can be scanned, the picture connects the ID with the person presenting it. An actual dead person would have to stand in line and present his ID in order to vote.

But if a dead person walks to a poll with an ID card in hand. I think we have a bigger problem on hand.
Nah...to hell with that. If they pull that off, let em vote.

Frankly...the dead are at least as informed and probably better informed than most live voters.

I dont...I blame no voter ID laws and those that keep fighting them

if you show where any of these people's votes were done in person then you have an argument. If not this is just another fake outrage.

all resolved if they just had to show ID

From Op article...

Wait!! You mean,..... when liberals swore there is no voter fraud... that is is all a conservative lie, that they were <choke back tears..> not telling the truth!!! gasp!!!!

Interesting they didn't post the party affliations of those 6,100 dead people. Hmmm, wonder what the majority party is... Yeah, like we have to wonder. :roll:

Interesting they didn't post the party affliations of those 6,100 dead people. Hmmm, wonder what the majority party is... Yeah, like we have to wonder. :roll:

The Know Nothing Party, most likely. lol

Back
Top Bottom