• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AMWAY or " SCAMWAY"

Fenton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
SCAMWAY and here's why..

Oh for those of you not acquainted with who AMWAY is or how they run their business let me explain.

AMWAY is a multilevel marketing Company based around a Pyramid structure.

People that are sucked into AMWAY are brought in as a part of someone else's "downline" and are encouraged to build downlines of their own.

New Reps are also mandated to buy AMWAY products and highly encouraged to buy training material.( Very Expensive Motivational Videos or CDs )

You dont see allot of AMWAY products and here's why. The Reps basically sell it to each other.

A few days ago a guy I barely know tried to pitch me a "Awesome way to run your own business from home and achieve economic success "

I wasn't born yesterday so of'course I was Suspicious. He was a native of Michigan and eventually got around to telling me it was through AMWAY. ( AMWAY is Big in the Northern States with Depressed economies )

I told him no thanks, he persisted so I had to tell him what I thought of AMWAY and him....( Yankee Go Home )

I bring Michigan up because you dont see allot of AMWAY in Texas. We have REAL jobs available here.

Here' s the deal with AMWAY. Its a PYRAMID Scheme and the only way they get around the legality of this is they offer products

In the course of the discussion after I told this guy to basically get bent I asked, " In AMWAY can you earn a living from just selling products " ?

He said and I quote " Sure you can make money selling just products "

Thats not what I asked, ( you can make money begging on a Street Corner ) I asked can you make a LIVING ?

He asked why I wouldn't want to take advantage of the side of AMWAY that REALLY earns you money ?

Take away the products and AMWAY is a ILLEGAL PYRAMID Scam.

So the only way to earn a LIVING id to build downlines and participate in Pyramid scam that uses products as a front ?

AMWAY settled of court recently for 56 Million dollars. It is a SCAM and people are getting burned.

Usually Reps who were promised the world and now have nothing except a pantry full of AMWAY products.

You might be interested to learn that Amway's founders, Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel, are or were Religious conservative Republicans.

There are a slew of companies like that up here. Apex Direct was one applied for. They advertised an account management position. What it was was door to door sales, in which the sales weren't that important. They were interested in free marketing. A door to door sales person canvassing an area getting paid only a commission = free marketing.

It was a total scheme. You hit your numbers for 3 weeks, you get some new suckers working beneath you. They and you all hit your numbers another 3 weeks, you work in an office. Keep hitting those numbers for another 3 weeks, they give you your own office. The entire interview, it was pounded in that joe or Suzy had only worked there a few months and were making 6 figures.

Really?

Then why is my honda the nicest car parked in the lot?

You might be interested to learn that Amway's founders, Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel, are or were Religious conservative Republicans.

Well, that took a long time.

John Wayne Gacy was a Democrat.

What does that have to do with anything ?

Franklin Raines ripped off Fannie Mae for millions and loaded up their portfolios with trash debt.

He was a Democrat and a Clinton appointee.

REAL conservatives believe in the rule of law, and that reality escapes partisan hacks like yourself as you try to pigeon hole my ideology with your narrow minded preconceived definitions of what YOU think Conservatives are.

SCAMWAY and here's why..

Oh for those of you not acquainted with who AMWAY is or how they run their business let me explain.

AMWAY is a multilevel marketing Company based around a Pyramid structure.

People that are sucked into AMWAY are brought in as a part of someone else's "downline" and are encouraged to build downlines of their own.

New Reps are also mandated to buy AMWAY products and highly encouraged to buy training material.( Very Expensive Motivational Videos or CDs )

You dont see allot of AMWAY products and here's why. The Reps basically sell it to each other.

A few days ago a guy I barely know tried to pitch me a "Awesome way to run your own business from home and achieve economic success "

I wasn't born yesterday so of'course I was Suspicious. He was a native of Michigan and eventually got around to telling me it was through AMWAY. ( AMWAY is Big in the Northern States with Depressed economies )

I told him no thanks, he persisted so I had to tell him what I thought of AMWAY and him....( Yankee Go Home )

I bring Michigan up because you dont see allot of AMWAY in Texas. We have REAL jobs available here.

Here' s the deal with AMWAY. Its a PYRAMID Scheme and the only way they get around the legality of this is they offer products

In the course of the discussion after I told this guy to basically get bent I asked, " In AMWAY can you earn a living from just selling products " ?

He said and I quote " Sure you can make money selling just products "

Thats not what I asked, ( you can make money begging on a Street Corner ) I asked can you make a LIVING ?

He asked why I wouldn't want to take advantage of the side of AMWAY that REALLY earns you money ?

Take away the products and AMWAY is a ILLEGAL PYRAMID Scam.

So the only way to earn a LIVING id to build downlines and participate in Pyramid scam that uses products as a front ?

AMWAY settled of court recently for 56 Million dollars. It is a SCAM and people are getting burned.

Usually Reps who were promised the world and now have nothing except a pantry full of AMWAY products.

I was almost sucked into it, just looking for a job when I was younger, was going to just do what I knew and push the products, which I do remember liking the products that I had tried...

The biggest issue was the cost of shipment. They don't cost the shipping based on the size or weight of your order, but based on the dollar value, and it was disgustingly high.

Anyway, it is a huge scam. Doubt you'll find many who disagree.

Where I live in Canada (Toronto), Amway Canada was actually charged with customs fraud back in 1983 (as they had been under reporting the value of their shipments from Ada, Michigan for years in order avoid to paying proper customs duties).

In addition, a work colleague of mine back in 1998 remarked to me, "I wonder how much money was passed under the table." (with respect to Amway not being declared a pyramid scheme by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission back in 1979)

I'm pretty sure the DeVoss family lives in Grand Rapids, Mi.. But yeah, Amway is a joke around here and their reps are known for going on and on and on with their sales pitches. The Republicans actually put up DeVoss for governor one year and surprise, he lost. I'll bet it's because no one likes or respects Amway. :roll: Then the Republicans put up our Secretary of State and surprise, she lost. Maybe it's because every time you go to a Secretary of State office you're disgusted with the service. Amway and the Secretary of State are probably the two most disliked entities in our state, and that's how smart our Republicans are.

My (second) college roommate tried to recruit me into this.

That guy was a ****ing creep.

When was Amway NOT considered as a cheap pyramid scheme?

Back
Top Bottom