• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Before the UCMJ the Navy was governed by ("Rocks and Shoals")

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
("Rocks and Shoals")

Articles for the Government of the United States Navy, 1930
Department of the Navy -- Bureau of Navigation
United States Government Printing Office, Washington DC: 1932

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Navy of the United States shall be governed by the following articles:

Rocks and Shoals (Articles for the Government of the Navy)

("Rocks and Shoals")

Articles for the Government of the United States Navy, 1930
Department of the Navy -- Bureau of Navigation
United States Government Printing Office, Washington DC: 1932

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Navy of the United States shall be governed by the following articles:

Rocks and Shoals (Articles for the Government of the Navy)

When I joined the Navy in 1956 Rocks and Shoals were still in effect and they worked very well.

When I joined the Navy in 1956 Rocks and Shoals were still in effect and they worked very well.

#### NP, you served back during the fighting navy era !

I bet you have some sea stories to tell ?

I also have come across some Marines who served during the 50's who said even though the UCMJ came into affect, twice a year every Marine unit sat down while the entire Navy's "Rock and Shoals" was read to them. It was a bi-annual event.

Many young "know it alls" are unaware that before the UCMJ the Navy and Marine Corps had their own laws they were governed by and the Army had theirs.

What does todays PC military do, they require mandatory sensitivity training classes.

Not going to mention which branch of service or which squadron to protect those serving in the squadron from being targeted by Obama and his "yes men" in the Pentagon. But recently there was an entire squadron conducting a week long combat training mission some where in the Southwest. Halfway through the training exercise the entire squadron was pulled out of the sky.

While their aircraft were being refueled they were ordered to fly back to their home base because they had to attend mandatory sensitivity training or they all would lose flight status. It seems there is a mandatory number of days of sensitivity training required in todays PC military on how good buggery is or feels and never look at, talk in a military manner or touch a woman in uniform.

#### NP, you served back during the fighting navy era !

I bet you have some sea stories to tell ?

I also have come across some Marines who served during the 50's who said even though the UCMJ came into affect, twice a year every Marine unit sat down while the entire Navy's "Rock and Shoals" was read to them. It was a bi-annual event.

Many young "know it alls" are unaware that before the UCMJ the Navy and Marine Corps had their own laws they were governed by and the Army had theirs.

What does todays PC military do, they require mandatory sensitivity training classes.

Not going to mention which branch of service or which squadron to protect those serving in the squadron from being targeted by Obama and his "yes men" in the Pentagon. But recently there was an entire squadron conducting a week long combat training mission some where in the Southwest. Halfway through the training exercise the entire squadron was pulled out of the sky.

While their aircraft were being refueled they were ordered to fly back to their home base because they had to attend mandatory sensitivity training or they all would lose flight status. It seems there is a mandatory number of days of sensitivity training required in todays PC military on how good buggery is or feels and never look at, talk in a military manner or touch a woman in uniform.

I had a great military career and the Navy gave me almost everything I asked for from great schools to great ships and shore stations I loved it and miss my fellow Chiefs very much. The saying Join the Navy and see the world was a true statement.....There is nothing like the "Goat Locker" (Chiefs Quarters) in any other branch of the service. The sad part is I would never join today....Its just not the same anymore.......The Clinton and Obama administrations have turned it into a social experiment which is not what it was designed for...........It is so sad. I would never tell a young person to enlist today.

I hope you will always have "fair winds and following seas" my friend and God Bless the U.S. Military in these hard times..

Back
Top Bottom