• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House denies Texas secession

What happens if Texas still continues with secession? Will the rest of USA use force to keep it down?

Sounds like Britain-EU thing.

Texas has no legal right to exit the union... none.

And the vast majority of Texans don't want to.

It's a complete non issue and the only way Texas can actually secede is if they simply declare they are separate and hope they can get away with it.

:prof In someone Vs. White, or something to do when Texas first seceded, they court ruled secession is only possible if all states agree, or they can fight off the rest of America.

Offtopic: CGPGrey is one of my fav youtubers ;).

I say, Texas nuke Washington D.C. and take their independence. :2razz:

No, seriously, I don't feel good about this. It reminds me of some undemocratic practices.

:prof In someone Vs. White, or something to do when Texas first seceded, they court ruled secession is only possible if all states agree, or they can fight off the rest of America.

I guess that means it'll never happen. The rest of the states are all too happy too mooch off of us while complaining that they don't like us.

I'm reminded of the quote from the move Trainspotting:
"Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers."

I was hoping that this process would either bring to discussion Texas beef with the federal government or show their abuse but apparently it's done neither.

Ill expect another texas secession boner in 2-4 more years..

What happens if Texas still continues with secession? Will the rest of USA use force to keep it down?

Sounds like Britain-EU thing.

Are you kidding? My little part of the USA would be moving there!

Where specifically in the Constitution is Secession prohibited?

Are you kidding? My little part of the USA would be moving there!

Politics is the science of opportunity. If you do not mean geographically it moving there of course, then yes it is possible even though not probable.

Just elaborating a bit on the timing of how and when the two all of a sudden wanted divorce. I know that Texans "adore" Brits and vice versa, this too may be an issue against my Britex hypothesis. But, hey, just in case it happens I proposed this hypothesis right here!

If the founders didnt intend for a state to ever be allowed to leave till the end of time, why did they write:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Well, at least we now know that Obama doesnt beleive people have a right to be free, to self governance.

If the founders didnt intend for a state to ever be allowed to leave till the end of time, why did they write:

Well, at least we now know that Obama doesnt beleive people have a right to be free, to self governance.

Can you point out where the MAJORITY of Texans want to seced from the U.S.?

One of my Texas FaceBook friends posted that old photoshopped picture of that Obama "Foreign Exchange," I.D. card from Columbia University yesterday. Another Texas FaceBook friend "Liked" the photo.

I commented asking if it bothers anyone that the photo has been proven to be fraudulent on many levels already? Does it bother them that people still insist on passing these kind of lies around on the internet? I even posted several links dispelling the fraud. I reminded them of the, "Thou shalt not bear false witness," commandment thinking that would be something they would understand since they claim to be so Godly and all.

I was quickly informed in no uncertain terms that they have the right to believe what they want to believe and that the fact check links I provided were probably all "democrate" <sic> sources.

I just shook my head. There must be something in the water in Texas. I don't seem to remember this many retards living there during the 30 years I spent in the state.

Let Texas go. The median I.Q. of America would jump 20 points. I am embarassed to be a Native Texan. I used to brag about it. Texas is a lost cause in my opinion. However, I do know a couple of people down there who still seem to have maintained their senses. One is a professor at SFA in Nacadoches and one is an Emergency Room physician in Marble Falls. But most, if not all, of the rest of my Texas acquaintences have gone bat **** crazy it seems.

I would not miss Texas if they want to establish their independant state of altered reality. It would expedite progress within the United States proper. Lose the dead weight I say. Texas is holding America back.

Last edited:
Let em go. They can become their own Country. That means all Fed money stops, all military bases close. You want to leave the Country of Texas and travel, you got a passport. Mexico's invading you, sorry can't help. Can't drive across the border you don't have an international driver license.

Well, its not up to you, but it sounds like you all want the same thing. Texas wants to go, you want them go. Problem solved. If they ever do, I will move there.

Burn this stupid thread now.

Back
Top Bottom