• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

As a Republian, who do you turn to in 2016?

2016 Republican Candidate

• Chris Christie

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Rand Paul

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Paul Ryan

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Marco Rubio

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Bob McDonnell

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Jeb Bush

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Jindal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rob Portman

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

Bigfoot 88

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Lots of possibilities.

since ron paul isnt on there i voted for rand paul. not a republican, but if ron paul was on a major political ticket, i'd vote for him.

Please nominate Jeb Bush so we can have a complete shut out.

Don't know. Not Christie. He is irratic and foolish.

Since I'm not a Republican, I won't vote in the poll. But I would say I would vote for Christie over pretty much anyone, Democrat or Republican, in 2016. Others I would consider include Hillary and Jon Huntsman, should they choose to run.

On a national level, the USA permanently went European today.

That means an extreme economic gap and distinct classes of people.

1.Under Obama, 1,100,000 Americans became millionaires. There will be class of the rich.
2. The middle class - if inflation factors - saw a 20% drop in income. The gap between the rich and everyone else huge.
3. Government became the reliable employment and very large percentage of population.
4. A large lower/poor populous dependent upon government.

What that all means is the Republican Party cannot win nationally anytime again in the foreseeable future.

That model, ironically, works quite well for our household as we all living on government income from all different directions. However, I did not believe this is a good direction for most people.

The fight between social conservatives and economic conservatives will cripple the Republican party in the primary, and regardless Republicans can no longer win, on Romney's 47% theory. A majority of the population now looks to the government for essentially everything - and that will only increase. The greater the gap on wealth, the more people would vote to the left.

Our daughter in her first year of college, watching the election, slightly shifted her double majors to make it targeting government employment for that same reason. Government is about the only remaining reliable career employment.

Politics will continue to be endless, pointless bickering over words all adding up to nothing as it has been for some time.

All the mouthing about Republicans now rallying behind some young "conservative" (meaning social conservative) to victory will fail on the national level. The Democrats did not just win the presidency. They won the permanent transformation that was the goal.

The loser? Central and South America. The USA's focus of alliance will continue to be the EU, with our economy in low dollar goods and trade with Asia.

Since I'm not a Republican, I won't vote in the poll. But I would say I would vote for Christie over pretty much anyone, Democrat or Republican, in 2016. Others I would consider include Hillary and Jon Huntsman, should they choose to run.

Of course. A Democrat prefers the least Republican. A funny message really.

As a European, i voted "other" just so that I don't disrupt the poll but I would like to see Huntsman run in 2016 and also Rand Paul.

Paul Ryan should not run as president for quite some time>>> I also don't think any of the candidates I mentioned should take him on as VP if they want to appeal to the independents.

I'd prefer Jon Huntsman, although I doubt he would ever be able to get the nomination after he pretty much campaigned against his own party in the primaries. Now he's looked at as way to liberal to be the nominee, even though he really isn't. Failing that, I think Rob Portman, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio are the best bets to win in 2016.

All the choices in the poll with provide a Hilary victory in 2016.

I'm not a republican but I would vote for Rand Paul.

Of course. A Democrat prefers the least Republican. A funny message really.
Republicans would be wise to consider input from those outside the core conservative fold, as their choices don't seem to be working.

Republicans would be wise to consider input from those outside the core conservative fold, as their choices don't seem to be working.

So they should shoot their face off to win?

So they should shoot their face off to win?
Moderate Republicans are already doing that in their quest to appeal to radical conservatives . . . only they are not winning.

Meanwhile, the actual conservative candidates are shooting the party in the foot by losing valuable seats.

hmmmmm dont know, as a independent off the top of my head id say christie and rubio are the current leaders but 2016 is far away.

I really want Huntsman.

**** huntsman. I will donate third party, vote third party, and do everything I can to sink the GOP's chances before I see us make that smarmy self-congratulating assclown the leader of our movement.

From the list:

Rand Paul and Chris Christie both appeal to too narrow a sliver.

Jeb's last name is still Bush.

Rick Santorum continues to be a smart man who says unwise things.

Rob Portman continues to be white-bread boring.

And the remaining four are possibilities. I've said before (and continue to think) that Rubio will likely be President one day. Just not sure if that day is 2016.

Being a democrat, my senator seems the only good choice.

Chris Christie or Jeb Bush would be my top choices so far. Marco Rubio is also on there but I need to see more from him.

Moderate Republicans are already doing that in their quest to appeal to radical conservatives . . . only they are not winning.

Meanwhile, the actual conservative candidates are shooting the party in the foot by losing valuable seats.

Personally I consider staying true to yourself far more valuable than winning. If you don't believe something don't say that you do and surely don't act on this lie. If people want more welfare than that is what they want and will vote for. If they don't then they will vote against it. Since the later never happens when it becomes part of a system there is only one path to victory. A path I despise with all my being. Since the country is a welfare state people consider those against it radical and for that they will get what is coming to them in time.

You had better turn to someone like Rand Paul or a Libertarian minded Republicans. The GOP lost substantially among Blacks, Latinos, and Women. If you weren't a married white man then you probably voted Democrat.

The GOP has to change substantially from its far right social issues. The way to do that is go with Ron Paul like Republicans who would change the rhetoric and evolve the GOP into a party that can beat Democrats in these areas of our country.

**** huntsman. I will donate third party, vote third party, and do everything I can to sink the GOP's chances before I see us make that smarmy self-congratulating assclown the leader of our movement.

What the ****?

Did he like, bully you when you were a kid?

Chris Cristie, Rand Paul, or Marco Rubio.

Back
Top Bottom