• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

United Technologies Corporation helps China build first attack copter

reflection1989

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
utc1.jpg

apparently UTC isn't too worried about China

ww3.jpg

china.jpg

And what is UTC's punishment for supplying China with military technology?

answer: a slap on the wrist

Last edited:
we ought to think about building more things that aren't designed to kill people.

An attack copter? So...China is rapidly developing 1960's technology?

Jimminy crickets! China has invented some kind of flying machine!

Jimminy crickets! China has invented some kind of flying machine!

Not only does it fly! It sends out molten balls of lead! This is the end of us!

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them.' Sad but true.

"The software provides the necessary engine codes to operate the helicopter, Reynolds said. He added that without it China probably wouldn't be able to construct approximately a dozen helicopters. China never built the civilian version."

"... Pratt & Whitney Canada knowingly turned a blind eye to the attack helicopter application and went along with (China's claim) of a parallel civil program," court documents charge.

US Firm Guilty of Aiding China's Attack Helicopter | Military.com

The technology I work on has such restrictions. Similar things happened in India, they refused to sign a end user agreement to not make weapons technology with it. There was also a machine I know about, always wondered about contacting BIS about it.

The technology I work on has such restrictions. Similar things happened in India, they refused to sign a end user agreement to not make weapons technology with it. There was also a machine I know about, always wondered about contacting BIS about it.

speaking of india and technology transfers

Mumbai, Nov. 1: Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL) will acquire Tyco Global Network, a US major with a newly laid 60,000-kilometre cable network, for Rs 600 crore ($130 million).

The deal is a steal for the international telephony major since it gets control of submarine cables built only three to four years ago at a cost of more than $2.5 billion.

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Business

so in 2004 they bought a $2.4 billion fiber optic network for $150 million, two years after their shares had been debased due to the kozlowski scandal

so who really paid for indias internet?

In most of Earth's modern wars the US has armed both sides. It is all about profits.

I don't believe the quote by Anna Mahjar-Barducci.

This is nothing new. Look up the story of Magnequench if you want to see an even bigger conflict of interest.

I would prefer that China not gain this technology.

Are people aware that what was supplied was just software? China built the helicopters themselves, they were going to fly anyway.

What, helicopters? They have those already. You don't even know what "this technology" is.

United Technologies is a GLOBAL company, not an AMERICAN company. If they were an American company they would be so over-taxed that they would have gone out of business before selling weapons technology to the country that makes all our stuff.

It's that damn free market thingy.

I agree with you totally....but unfortunately if theres a buck or even 40cents extra to be made by our wondrous corporations they could care less what they give china that they could eventually kill us and others with...>See all profit is good profit to our dear corporatists...

United Technologies is a GLOBAL company, not an AMERICAN company. If they were an American company they would be so over-taxed that they would have gone out of business before selling weapons technology to the country that makes all our stuff.

It's that damn free market thingy.

United Technologies Corporation (UTC) (NYSE: UTX) is an American multinational conglomerate headquartered in the United Technologies Building in Hartford, Connecticut.

they are based in america, it doesn't matter if they are a global company it matters where they are headquartered. there should be bigger punishments for supplying an enemy with military technology, it doesn't matter what quality/how old the technology is. it's the precedent.

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't recognize my own quote. Too many pain meds. Maybe I was being sarcastic.

I guess it's just that greed issue.

United Technologies Corporation (UTC) (NYSE: UTX) is an American multinational conglomerate headquartered in the United Technologies Building in Hartford, Connecticut.

they are based in america, it doesn't matter if they are a global company it matters where they are headquartered. there should be bigger punishments for supplying an enemy with military technology, it doesn't matter what quality/how old the technology is. it's the precedent.

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't recognize my own quote. Too many pain meds. Maybe I was being sarcastic.

I guess it's just that greed issue.

that's fair enough, i can respect that. it's sad that these guys would put their own peoples lives at risk for a buck

Back
Top Bottom