• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once 'The Obama Of Alabama,' Now A GOP Headliner

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
This is a very good sign for America a very bad omen for obama. This guy used to be a Democrat and an obam supporter but he has seen the light, maybe he can help other blacks wake up too.

Four years ago in Denver, Artur Davis took the podium at the Democratic National Convention to speak up for Barack Obama.
"I am honored to second the nomination of the man whose victory tonight takes us closer to becoming what we know America can be," he said.
But now, as President Obama seeks re-election, Davis is on the list of scheduled speakers for the Republican National Convention.
The former Democratic congressman from Alabama, who tried and failed to become the state's first black governor, is now a Republican resident of Virginia.
And this time around, he will be calling for the president's defeat.
From Supporter To Detractor
Davis and Obama have known each other since their days at Harvard Law School. Davis was an early supporter of Obama's presidential campaign — the first member of Congress from outside Illinois to endorse him.
He was one of Obama's most prominent supporters in Alabama and helped the future president win the state's Democratic primary. But now, Davis says he is disenchanted with the man he helped to victory in 2008.
"Let's not forget, four years ago, Sen. Obama said, 'We're the ones we've been waiting for. We have the capacity to change and to break this gridlock' — and I think, unfortunately, some of the president's own policies have pushed us further apart."
Davis voted against the president's signature achievement, the health care overhaul, which he said was pushed across with "an aggressive, party-line ... take-it-or-leave-it strategy."

Once 'The Obama Of Alabama,' Now A GOP Headliner : NPR

This is a very good sign for America a very bad omen for obama. This guy used to be a Democrat and an obam supporter but he has seen the light, maybe he can help other blacks wake up too.

Four years ago in Denver, Artur Davis took the podium at the Democratic National Convention to speak up for Barack Obama.
"I am honored to second the nomination of the man whose victory tonight takes us closer to becoming what we know America can be," he said.
But now, as President Obama seeks re-election, Davis is on the list of scheduled speakers for the Republican National Convention.
The former Democratic congressman from Alabama, who tried and failed to become the state's first black governor, is now a Republican resident of Virginia.
And this time around, he will be calling for the president's defeat.
From Supporter To Detractor
Davis and Obama have known each other since their days at Harvard Law School. Davis was an early supporter of Obama's presidential campaign — the first member of Congress from outside Illinois to endorse him.
He was one of Obama's most prominent supporters in Alabama and helped the future president win the state's Democratic primary. But now, Davis says he is disenchanted with the man he helped to victory in 2008.
"Let's not forget, four years ago, Sen. Obama said, 'We're the ones we've been waiting for. We have the capacity to change and to break this gridlock' — and I think, unfortunately, some of the president's own policies have pushed us further apart."
Davis voted against the president's signature achievement, the health care overhaul, which he said was pushed across with "an aggressive, party-line ... take-it-or-leave-it strategy."

Once 'The Obama Of Alabama,' Now A GOP Headliner : NPR

Hahahaha.

This is laughable. I live in Alabama and nobody takes this guy too serious. Artur Davis will do or say anything to try and win a political seat. He is about as Republican as Al Sharpton.

This will not effect Obama in the least bit. Just letting everyone know....Artur Davis is not a guy that will mean anything.

Hahahaha.

This is laughable. I live in Alabama and nobody takes this guy too serious. Artur Davis will do or say anything to try and win a political seat. He is about as Republican as Al Sharpton.

This will not effect Obama in the least bit. Just letting everyone know....Artur Davis is not a guy that will mean anything.

I thought at first you were referring to Obama since Alabama is a solid Romney state.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1060809022 said:
I thought at first you were referring to Obama since Alabama is a solid Romney state.

Thats a good point too

Apparently obama took him seriously, he had him speak at the Democratic convention in favor of electing obama. Now suddenly nobody takes him serious when he decides obama has to go? :lol:

Oh yeah because people were all saying "If it wasn't for the Artur Davis fellow...I would have never voted Obama"

He was irrelevant then...He will be irrelevant now

Oh yeah because people were all saying "If it wasn't for the Artur Davis fellow...I would have never voted Obama"

He was irrelevant then...He will be irrelevant now

If he was so irrelevant, why was he chosen to speak at the Democratic convention? Face it, "this is a big F***** deal."

If he was so irrelevant, why was he chosen to speak at the Democratic convention? Face it, "this is a big F***** deal."

It is not a big deal at all.

Oh please do tell about how the legend of Artur Davis's speech at the DNC propelled Obama to the presidency. Tell me how he shaped the election. How many people will even know who this guy is after the convention?

Nobody zip zilch nada

"Davis, who represented Alabama’s 7th Congressional District from 2003 to 2011, was notably the first member of Congress outside of Illinois to endorse then-Sen. Obama’s 2008 presidential bid.
And it was Davis who seconded the official nomination of Obama at the 2008 Democratic National Convention."

Artur Davis, former prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party - Los Angeles Times

The man theat seconded obama's official nomination has now said obama is a failure, yes" it's a big f***** deal."

"Davis, who represented Alabama’s 7th Congressional District from 2003 to 2011, was notably the first member of Congress outside of Illinois to endorse then-Sen. Obama’s 2008 presidential bid.

Artur Davis, former prominent Obama backer, leaves Democratic Party - Los Angeles Times

The man theat seconded obama's official nomination has now said obama is a failure, yes" it's a big f***** deal."

Go ask the Average Joe voter if they know or care who Artur Davis is. Seriously, this means nothing at all. Davis is not political headliner. He will not switch enough votes to make one iota of difference. You can quote all these news sources that are trying to sensationalize this, but at the end of the day...it won't matter to the average voter.

Go ask the Average Joe voter if they know or care who Artur Davis is. Seriously, this means nothing at all. Davis is not political headliner. He will not switch enough votes to make one iota of difference. You can quote all these news sources that are trying to sensationalize this, but at the end of the day...it won't matter to the average voter.

AreteCourage said:
Artur Davis will do or say anything to try and win a political seat. He is about as Republican as Al Sharpton.
LOL...I know a lot of local politicians in Texas (Justice of the Peace, precinct chairmen, city councilmen, etc.) who changed their status from 'D' to 'R' just to get elected in a red state. And it works, they get elected, they're still liberal and everybody's happy...:lol:

note: When the local papers reported the change, it was said to be a 'big deal' also.

Apparently obama took him seriously, he had him speak at the Democratic convention in favor of electing obama. Now suddenly nobody takes him serious when he decides obama has to go? :lol:

I don't live in Alabama... and I never heard of this guy until clicking on this thread. And NPR's article never really explored what this guy stood for, then or now.

Since this guy knew the Kenyan at law school ... I wonder what he has to say about his college funding and grades. I would find that most interesting.

A L

Because it's a BIG! deal.

Hahahaha.

I considered voting for him when he ran for Governor of Alabama, but didn't know enough about him. So, I changed my mind. Glad I did! He's a party turn-coat. I despise politicians who switch party loyalties just to get elected to public office. It's even worse when they leave the state to do it!

Go ask the Average Joe voter if they know or care who Artur Davis is. Seriously, this means nothing at all. Davis is not political headliner.

You are correct about Joe-six pack. However,

" The man theat seconded obama's official nomination has now said obama is a failure, yes" it's a big f***** deal."

The Dim top officials really do understand the significance ... especially because he's black. The black voting block has been solid Dim since the 60's. Now one of their showcase blacks bolts ... it is a big deal. Not to say that he took many/any votes with him ... but he is a ship jumper. And remember, there had to be a first Dim that came up with a lame excuse for not going to the Dim convention. After the first, several more got in the line. Time will tell Artur is a leader of the pack or a one time flash in the pan. Something tells me there will be more black Dims depart ... we just won't hear about it.

A L

Oh yes, because of Artur minorities will flock to Willard! :roll:

Saw parts of the Republican Convention when Condi spoke. Her leaving the floor to address the crowd cut the blacks on the floor by 33%.

Saw ABC poll where Obama has 94% of the black vote and Willard has 0%. Going to take more than Davis defecting to bring the blacks back to the GOP in the South.

A question for those so impressed by Davis's change of heart-
When a lifelong soldier, who rose to Sec of State, changed from endorsing BushII for a second time and instead chose Obama was it more important than this rather unknown politician?

I'm sure those who have already decided to vote for Willard wish to see this as a big deal and will continue to see it as so.

I doubt it means much to the rest of the nation.

Oh yes, because of Artur minorities will flock to Willard! :roll:

Saw parts of the Republican Convention when Condi spoke. Her leaving the floor to address the crowd cut the blacks on the floor by 33%.

Saw ABC poll where Obama has 94% of the black vote and Willard has 0%. Going to take more than Davis defecting to bring the blacks back to the GOP in the South.

A question for those so impressed by Davis's change of heart-
When a lifelong soldier, who rose to Sec of State, changed from endorsing BushII for a second time and instead chose Obama was it more important than this rather unknown politician?

I'm sure those who have already decided to vote for Willard wish to see this as a big deal and will continue to see it as so.

I doubt it means much to the rest of the nation.

It does not mean anything at all to the average voter you are right but for politically aware people that watch trends it is a chink in the armor and could very well signal a crumbling of the dam the Dem's have blacks held in by. When dams break it starts with little leaks that soon widen and before you know it the whole thing suddenly collapses. Time will tell.

I believe you are exhibiting the heights of wishful, some would say delusional thinking if you think minorities would go rushing to the GOP. It would be like planned parenthood endorsing Romney.

I believe you are exhibiting the heights of wishful, some would say delusional thinking if you think minorities would go rushing to the GOP. It would be like planned parenthood endorsing Romney.

Horrible analogy. Being anti abortion makes you a bad fit with planned parenthood whereas blacks share alot of values with the Rep party but it has been ingrained in their culture that they vote Dem, they may be waking up.

Your kidding right? After Newt and Santorum's demagoguery I don't see minorities or women racing to join the GOP or vote for Willard.

Seems to me if the GOP was so embracing of minorities the convention would have a few more not so pale representatives. It took a great deal of very good camera work to find two that were not eggshell. Three if you include Condi.

For me the most telling switch wasn't Mr. Davis but General/Sec of State Powell. From strong Republican to criticizing the new drift to the rather vicious right wing stances.

Planned Parenthood is the perfect comparison. Far more is done at PP than coordinating abortions but the extreme right wing can see nothing else.

But we shall see if the minorities flee the Dems for the GOP.

Your kidding right? After Newt and Santorum's demagoguery I don't see minorities or women racing to join the GOP or vote for Willard.

Seems to me if the GOP was so embracing of minorities the convention would have a few more not so pale representatives. It took a great deal of very good camera work to find two that were not eggshell. Three if you include Condi.

For me the most telling switch wasn't Mr. Davis but General/Sec of State Powell. From strong Republican to criticizing the new drift to the rather vicious right wing stances.

Planned Parenthood is the perfect comparison. Far more is done at PP than coordinating abortions but the extreme right wing can see nothing else.

But we shall see if the minorities flee the Dems for the GOP.

GOP does not embrace minorities it embraces Americans. Someday blacks may think of themselves as Americans first and blacks second, that will spell the end for the Dems.

Back
Top Bottom