• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim vs Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image

dolphinocean

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Muslim, Buddhist mob violence threatens new Myanmar image - Yahoo! News

SITTWE, Myanmar (Reuters) - Northwest Myanmar was tense on Monday after sectarian violence engulfed its largest city at the weekend, with Reuters witnessing rival mobs of Muslims and Buddhists torching houses and police firing into the air to disperse crowds. [...]

Rohingya activists have long demanded recognition as an indigenous ethnic group with full citizenship by birthright, claiming a centuries-old lineage in Rakhine. But the government regards them as illegal immigrants from neighboring Bangladesh and denies them citizenship.

In recent days, they have been described as "invaders" or "terrorists" by some Burmese using their newfound freedom of expression and easier access to the Internet to vent their anger on social networking sites and express anti-Rohingya sentiments that have simmered for decades.

Islam, the religion of peace, at it again.

It reminds me of my childhood terrifying experience when the muslims from across the river of our village attacked us out of the clear blue sunny sky during their celebration of their prophet mohammad's birthday. They tried to burn our village down during their second attack three months later. Our women and children had to flee to another part of the country while our able men stayed behind to fight against their relentless attacks on our village ground. We never once even intrude upon the their village.

But, I blame their violent inclination and culture on one culprit: islam. Without islam, before islam was cooked up by mohammad, these ethnic people were peaceful people like their peaceful cousins, the Thais, Vietnamese, Burmese, Philipinos and the Baliness of the Indonesia ethnic people.

But, islam changed all that worldwide wherever islam rears its head. Muslims are its first victims in which some became its zombies. Or do you still insist islam is the religion of peace?

Last edited:
Yeah, trust those nasty Mooslims to cause trouble for the poor, peace-loving, Burmese régime. I'm sure those 'terrorist' villagers have not one shred of reason to complain about their treatment from the government.

Next!

Yeah, I'm more surprised by the idea of a group of Buddhists torching houses and hurting people. Completely antithetical to the concepts of Buddhism.

Islam has texts which implicitly and explicitly authorize the use of force/violence in certain contexts.

Yep, this is all the fault of Islam, it's not even remotely possible these people are squabbling because of their respective ethnicities. Clearly this has nothing to do with the Rohingya people being persecuted for decades, or having their citizenship revoked.

Clearly these people deserve all that for being Muslims, serves them right for not being Buddhists, or one of the larger ethnicities.

Yeah, I'm more surprised by the idea of a group of Buddhists torching houses and hurting people. Completely antithetical to the concepts of Buddhism.

Ignore the OP. It's an ethnic conflict, not a religious one.

Can you do thread like this on Jews/Israel? We can say Jews/Israel control the economy, media and governments. We'll see how long it takes for a mod to come along and find a reason to ban you. However, because it's Muslims you're allowed to get away with this kind of openly xenophobic rhetoric.

Yeah, trust those nasty Mooslims to cause trouble for the poor, peace-loving, Burmese régime. I'm sure those 'terrorist' villagers have not one shred of reason to complain about their treatment from the government.

Next!
Problem is, the muslims weren't terrorizing the government. They attack innocent civilians.

"Among the dead on Friday, when the violence broke out, were an elderly man and a doctor, both Buddhists, who suffered multiple stab wounds."

The Christians and other religious minorities, such as the Hindus and people of the Baha'i faith are also similarly discriminated by the government, yet they don’t go around burning down other people’s villages and kill their elderly folks. Only religious muslims do that worldwide no matter their race or ethnicity. Why is that?

Answer: islam.

Yep, this is all the fault of Islam, it's not even remotely possible these people are squabbling because of their respective ethnicities. Clearly this has nothing to do with the Rohingya people being persecuted for decades, or having their citizenship revoked.

Clearly these people deserve all that for being Muslims, serves them right for not being Buddhists, or one of the larger ethnicities.
Apparently, the Burmese government doesn’t believe in the “anchor baby” policy like we do here.

If you illegally enter the country from a neighboring islamic country that won’t assimilate into the population, it doesn’t matter how many generations you’ve been there. You know the country’s policy when you illegally enter, so either take it or leave it. There is no reason to start a violent attack against your infidel neighbors who are your hosts.

Or do you support illegal aliens going around killing people in your household and town just because they are persecuted and hunted down by ICE?

You can’t come to my house without permission or invitation and expect to cause mayhem if you don’t get your way. It doesn’t work that way.

Can you do thread like this on Jews/Israel? We can say Jews/Israel control the economy, media and governments. We'll see how long it takes for a mod to come along and find a reason to ban you. However, because it's Muslims you're allowed to get away with this kind of openly xenophobic rhetoric.
I am speaking out against islam not the people who are its first victims unless they turn religiously violent and practice it's violent precepts religiously.

Islam is a political and the most xenophobic ideology disguised as a religion. I am against islam and not the people who are brained washed by this mind toxic ideology since their birth. If you are infidel or are dark skinned muslims from other third world countries go to Saudi Arabia and other islamic countries in the ME, then come back to tell me about xenophobia

When it comes to islam, it doesn't matter whether they are the minority or the majority. They will cause violence and bloodsheds. The people who believe in that faith and the people who sympathize with its people will always whine and cry that they are the victims even though they are the ones causing the troubles and the bloodsheds.

In Indonesia, the most populous muslims in the world, yet nobody cries for the small minority of Christians who were beheaded by the fanatic muslims. The ethnic Chinese were attacked a few times also in the past. What is their excuse? Muslim minority being discriminated?

Same with Blangadesh and Pakistan. They had quite a significant populations of Hindus in those countries before the partition, but now? Hindus are almost extinct in those islamic hell hole. Muslim minority being discriminated?

Yea right.

When it comes to islam, it doesn't matter whether they are the minority or the majority. They will cause violence and bloodsheds. The people who believe in that faith and the people who sympathize with its people will always whine and cry that they are the victims even though they are the ones causing the troubles and the bloodsheds.

In Indonesia, the most populous muslims in the world, yet nobody cries for the small minority of Christians who were beheaded by the fanatic muslims. The ethnic Chinese were attacked a few times also in the past. What is their excuse? Muslim minority being discriminated?

Same with Blangadesh and Pakistan. They had quite a significant populations of Hindus in those countries before the partition, but now? Hindus are almost extinct in those islamic hell hole. Muslim minority being discriminated?

Yea right.

Interesting. Do you have evidence or proof that suggests that the Muslim minority in the USA commits violence at a higher rate than Americans of any other faiths?

Interesting. Do you have evidence or proof that suggests that the Muslim minority in the USA commits violence at a higher rate than Americans of any other faiths?
No I don't. But, it doesn't matter.

Muslims who become religious and turn violence will kill in the name of their allah according to the practice of mohammed and his followers. People of other faiths in America don't kill in the name of their God, or gods. They kill not because of religious ground. They kill because of the dark side of their human nature.

No I don't. But, it doesn't matter.

Muslims who become religious and turn violence will kill in the name of their allah according to the practice of mohammed and his followers. People of other faiths in America don't kill in the name of their God, or gods. They kill not because of religious ground. They kill because of the dark side of their human nature.

Western Christians have killed in the name of God/Yahweh/Jesus since Christianity became of consequence.

Hell, in America today we have our fair share of religious zealots killing in the name of God.

Western Christians have killed in the name of God/Yahweh/Jesus since Christianity became of consequence.

Hell, in America today we have our fair share of religious zealots killing in the name of God.
If they do they are not following the teaching of the Bible. Show me where in the Bible that Christian God commanded Christians to kill unbelievers for the cause of God? Show me the open ended commands to kill from Christian God.

If they do they are not following the teaching of the Bible. Show me where in the Bible that Christian God commanded Christians to kill unbelievers for the cause of God? Show me the open ended commands to kill from Christian God.

If the bible DOESN'T have that text, doesn't that make the actions of Christians even worse, since there is no compelling demand from God to kill?

Apparently, the Burmese government doesn’t believe in the “anchor baby” policy like we do here.

If you illegally enter the country from a neighboring islamic country that won’t assimilate into the population, it doesn’t matter how many generations you’ve been there. You know the country’s policy when you illegally enter, so either take it or leave it. There is no reason to start a violent attack against your infidel neighbors who are your hosts.

Or do you support illegal aliens going around killing people in your household and town just because they are persecuted and hunted down by ICE?

You can’t come to my house without permission or invitation and expect to cause mayhem if you don’t get your way. It doesn’t work that way.

The Muslim immigrants in Burma arrived legally because the British government needed a work force, and got them from India. They did not enter the country illegally.

The Muslim immigrants in Burma arrived legally because the British government needed a work force, and got them from India. They did not enter the country illegally.
British workforce from India were mostly Hindus and Gurkhas. Most of the muslims in Burma immigrate illegally from Bangladesh, which borders Burma at the northwestern region.

Even if they were legally brought in by the British, why are they entitled to citizenship when they were only admitted into the country for work purpose?

Not only that, they were admitted as a workforce by a colonial power that is no longer in control. Can’t the government of the country decide what their immigration policy should be without illegal aliens going around killing people and burning houses when they don’t get their way?

At the least, if they want to voice their dissent, they could protest in front of the government buildings or appeal to the UN for help through peaceful means. If the government used violent force against their peaceful means of resolution, then I can understand the justification of their violence against the government. But, certainly not against innocent civilians.

Muslims in Burma aren’t the only group of people being singled out for discrimination. The Chinese, Hindus and other minority also suffer the same discrimination the muslims suffered. Yet, they don’t go kill innocent civilians or burn their houses down.

Overseas Chinese (mainly Hokkien and Cantonese speakers) form approximately three percent of the population, but are primarily unrecognized by the government (in terms of citizenship). Mon, who form two percent of the population, are ethno-linguistically related to the Khmer. Overseas Indians (mainly Tamil, Hindi, andBengali speakers) comprise two percent as well, and like the Chinese, do not have citizenship rights.
Myanmar - New World Encyclopedia

Why is it that muslims and their supporters always think that they are special than other groups and are entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems?

Last edited:
If the bible DOESN'T have that text, doesn't that make the actions of Christians even worse, since there is no compelling demand from God to kill?

You opened up a can of worms.....

On the Christian side, source religious documents, i.e. the Bible, condemn violence and so they are the authority base for ALL but a few churches/denominations condemning bombing. Only a few independent churches similar to Phelps' church would approve or support the activities. Furthermore, clinic bombers have a small circle of friends who would support and hide them, but they can not expect support from 99% of Christians.

On the other hand, while there have been Muslim clerics who have denounced terrorist acts, they have all hedged their bets. Depending on who is being attacked, they say it is ok. That opinion is supported by, rather than refuted by their source documents, i.e. the Koran. A further difference is support among the populace. As long as Islamic terrorists limit their attacks to "infidels", they have almost universal support and aid among the Islamic community. Only when they start hitting other Muslims do they lose that community support.

Why is it that muslims and their supporters always think that they are special than other groups and are entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems?

I don't think anyone is entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems. Obviously extremism should not be tolerated or supported in any way, shape or form. Much like i don't paint everyone with the same brush and continue to selectively ignore the fact that millions of Muslims live peacefully, without harming others.

I don't think anyone is entitled to use violent bloodshed to resolve their problems. Obviously extremism should not be tolerated or supported in any way, shape or form. Much like i don't paint everyone with the same brush and continue to selectively ignore the fact that millions of Muslims live peacefully, without harming others.
I don't like to do that either, but when it comes down to it you can't let evil ideology rears its head.

Do you not speak out and condemn potentially violent religious cults such as jim jones' People's Temple cult or david koresh's Branch Davidians. Many of their members were children, women and old folks who simply want the best for their lives. Only a small portion of the followers were armed and violent. Those small group of violent followers certainly didn't represent the vast majority of the members who were peaceful.

Do you simply ignore their core violent teaching and let the "religion" spread around to poison the minds of innocent people or do you try to expose their false and violent teaching?

For heaven's sake, read the core teaching of islam and its violent history committed both against its own people and those whom they call infidels. They didn't even spare their own prophet's grandson and the caliph when it came down to politics and seizing of power. That's what islam is all about.

Last edited:
This topic is a joke, the OP is obviously bias and even admits to not having data but it doesn't matter because he already knows his conclusion is true. Truly I feel sorry for those who's bias blinds them.

This topic is a joke, the OP is obviously bias and even admits to not having data but it doesn't matter because he already knows his conclusion is true. Truly I feel sorry for those who's bias blinds them.
No, everyone BUT the OP is a Joke.
Some "Data" below.

No doubt you like the color pink and Apple Pie too.
"millions of Muslims live peacefully"!! Well, that's quite the claim!
I'd go "Hundreds of millions" of the 1.5 Billion. So?

That wouldn't change the Fact that Islam is Inordinately violent. And violent because of/In the Name of Islam.
And to others... NO, "Christianity does NOT have it's share", at least not in the name of religion.

Take say.. the last week, month:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com said:
Weekly Jihad Report
Jun . 02 - Jun. 08

Jihad Attacks: 37
Allahu Akbars*: 6
Dead Bodies: 347
Critically Injured: 535
*Suicide Attacks

- - - - - - -

Monthly Jihad Report
May, 2012

Jihad Attacks:185
Countries: 19
Religions: 5
Dead Bodies: 935
Critically Injured: 2235
And those are not petty or common crimes which they have as well, but Only crimes committed in the Name of Islam against non-Muslims or other Muslims of a different sect. And of course the above and below lists are in no way complete as in many places in ie, Sudan, Afghan. Pakistan, there are simply no reports/reporters.
Yup, you'll see the same, week in/week out.

The last 30 days in detail, at least the ones that have been witnessed, reported, and made Int'l news.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Last edited:
The joke is on you for self-imposed blindness.

There are more than plenty of data collected by various sources over the years since 9/11. Many many much more data than can be said of other religious cults world wide combined, including jim jones' cult of people's temple and david koresh's branch davidian. But, nobody cry foul for their demise even though they all combined didn't even come close to what islam's prophet committed and his present day followers committed in violence and bloodsheds.

I believe islam is a dark force that can, not only blind the eyes of the multitudes, but also their souls.

Back
Top Bottom