• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Bradley Manning, the U.S. Army private accused of leaking information to WikiLeaks, has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by the group The Movement of the Icelandic Parliament.

Manning is faced with charges that include aiding the enemy, wrongfully causing intelligence to be published on the Internet, theft of public property or records, transmitting defense information and fraud and related activity in connection with computers, CNN reported. Manning could face life in prison if convicted of these charges.

Despite his long list of charges, the parliamentary group The Movement of the Icelandic Parliament submitted a letter to the Nobel Peace Prize committee for the 2012 prize for his “individual effort to have an impact for peace in our world,” the letter stated.

Yeah. Manning's contribution to "peace in this world" was to steal a bunch of classified documents and send it to that weasel Assuange, so people in the Middle East could see how their own governments have been behaving behind their backs, who then rioted across the Middle East whereupon tens of thousands were killed.

This is almost as bright as nominating a guy who'd only been in office for a week... Obama. The Nobel Peace Prize is officially a sick joke.

I've not seen where what he released ever made a hill of beans of difference to world peace. It's pretty much, mach ado about nothing. Some embarrassing personal correspondence. :shrug:

:lamo

Seems that this organization is opting to be the world's biggest joke.

It is more than a joke. The Nobel has always been a liberal shill of an organization it's just now they are out in the open about it....

j-mac

Bradley Manning, the U.S. Army private accused of leaking information to WikiLeaks, has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by the group The Movement of the Icelandic Parliament.

And people complained that Obama was a bad choice for the peace prize(and he was a bad choice). He is looking pretty good compared to this nomination.

Yeah. Manning's contribution to "peace in this world" was to steal a bunch of classified documents and send it to that weasel Assuange, so people in the Middle East could see how their own governments have been behaving behind their backs, who then rioted across the Middle East whereupon tens of thousands were killed.

This is almost as bright as nominating a guy who'd only been in office for a week... Obama. The Nobel Peace Prize is officially a sick joke.

The only redeming thing about it now seems to be the concert they have the week of, and the occasional group of people who actually deserve to get it.

Mother Theresa is rolling over in her grave.

Mother Theresa is rolling over in her grave.

Dr King too. People whined about Kissinger and the guy from NVN getting it and its gone way downhill. that Manning guy ought to be getting ready for a six foot drop

I was out at the bar the other night, and there was dude there being an asshat. He tried to start a fight, and I walked away...but MAN I wanted to punch his face.

Do I get a Nobel prize now?

What's the ratio of nominations to actual awards?

The only redeming thing about it now seems to be the concert they have the week of, and the occasional group of people who actually deserve to get it.

Nobel prizes in math are still pretty solid. Physics and such isn't bad either but don't know how long that will last as the trend of anything "Climate Change" will certainly eventually dominate the sciences as well.

a person shining a light on so government secrets is a million times more worthy then Obama in getting this award.

No , Manning derserve to be put to death for treason.

That won't happen, so I hope for the next logical thing. The U.S. is not going to put Manning to death, so you might as well get that thought out of your head.

I'd say he's probably unlikely to win the Nobel, but surely a front-runner for a Presidential Pardon.

I don't think so, any president that would pardon Manning would be setting a precedence that it is ok to leak classified information out.

I don't see Obama pardoning Manning at all.

He deserves it.

That things been thrown around so much it means nothing now.

I don't think so, any president that would pardon Manning would be setting a precedence that it is ok to leak classified information out.

I don't see Obama pardoning Manning at all.

Perhaps not, but a commutation a la Bibby might seem appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom