• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Medal of Honor recipient saved 36 lives during battle

lpast

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"I don't think there was ever a question in my mind if I was going to die," Meyer said

Thats a thought and a feeling many American troops have felt...its a sickening feeling in your gut...it takes courage to fight past it....

HEAR HEAR MARINE....for you are the heart of America....I SALUTE YOU

"I don't think there was ever a question in my mind if I was going to die," Meyer said

Thats a thought and a feeling many American troops have felt...its a sickening feeling in your gut...it takes courage to fight past it....

HEAR HEAR MARINE....for you are the heart of America....I SALUTE YOU

I read his story in USA today. Glad to see him getting the honor he deserves. I understand he is in private business now. DO you recall what the driver of his Humvee got-hopefully at least a Cross or a Silver star. both showed extraordinary bravery. The Marine apparently whacked 8 of the jihadists as well even though he couldn't save the team

I read his story in USA today. Glad to see him getting the honor he deserves. I understand he is in private business now. DO you recall what the driver of his Humvee got-hopefully at least a Cross or a Silver star. both showed extraordinary bravery. The Marine apparently whacked 8 of the jihadists as well even though he couldn't save the team

I dont know about the driver...this was posted in the VFW...where I first saw it...then in USA today......

Sounds like a well deserved warrior.

The linked article states that the driver got the Navy Cross. Brave men.

Back
Top Bottom