• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Health Care Reform Fistfight Results in Not Guilty Verdict

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
UPDATE: Health Care Reform Fistfight Results in Not Guilty Verdict « CBS St. Louis
Health Care Reform Fistfight Results in Not Guilty Verdict

Almost two years after the national uproar over health care reform, a jury has acquitted two labor union activists accused of assaulting a man selling conservative buttons outside a Cogressman Russ Carnahan town hall forum...

...“Finally after two years of lies and distortion the jury got to hear the truth,” Molens said. “They got to see the evidence that wasn’t on Ann Coulter or some right wing blogs, and within 40 minutes they acquitted us.”

The alleged beating victim, Kenneth Gladney, left the court house dejected. “I waited two years for justice and didn’t get it,” Gladney said, “I have to live with this for the rest of my life. I have to live with the fact that they beat the hell out of me for no reason.”

And another frivolous lawsuit from the rightwing bites the dust :lamo

Yeah I see that the rightwing noise machine is kinda quiet about this.
The jury deliberated about 40 minutes before returning with their verdict.
Looks like it didn't take the jurors long to see what most everybody else saw.

Back
Top Bottom