• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Majority of Americans Now Reject Ryan's Medicare Plan

tlmorg02

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Most Americans reject Rep. Ryan

Fifty-eight percent of Americans surveyed by CNN/Opinion Research Corporation this week said they are against Ryan's proposal, which would shift Medicare into a subsidized private insurance system. Only 35 percent say they support the plan.Senior citizens registered the highest disapproval ratings--74 percent--compared with other age demographics. And opposition among all age groups was not limited to the left. Fifty-four percent of conservatives surveyed reject the plan, and rank-and-file Republicans are split, with 50 percent opposed, 48 percent in support of Ryan's proposal.

Considering the plan has already been voted down, I'm not sure this matters. Also, I'm still waiting for a dem plan.

I don't understand why it is that no one has come up with a real actual reform of the Medical Industry, Industry, and believe me it's an industry.

Way too much of the cost has been piled on because of law suits and until there is serious reform in Tort laws we are screewed and the cost ill continue to rise.

2006 ACOG SURVEY ON PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY RESULTS
Results are in from the 2006 ACOG Survey on Professional Liability, covering the period 2003 through 2005. This latest survey reflects a continuing negative trend in practice changes in that almost 70% (69.8%) of ob-gyn survey respondents have made one or more changes to their practice as a result of the affordability and/or availability of professional liability insurance, and almost 65% (64.6%) have made one or more changes to their practice as a result of the risk or fear of professional liability claims or litigation.

This drives some out and costs go up. You will find that surgeons have made changes too.

a flawed poll (CNN..surprise surprise)

and given the fact it says senoirs are 74% against it would lead me to believe the "senoirs" havnt been told it wont affect them....

CNN Is was and continues to be a joke, polls included...they spin what they want it to say

In this light, it is not overly surprising that 60 percent of respondents oppose the Republican proposal as Quinnipiac describes it, while only 41 percent oppose it as CBS News and the New York Times described it. And that’s true even though only 25 percent of the respondents in the CBS News/New York Times poll are Republicans. (Quinnipiac doesn’t say explicitly, but it looks like its sample is pretty evenly split by party.)

spin baby spin

Back
Top Bottom