View Poll Results: Why is Trump So hated?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ain't no good

    35 50.72%
  • Probably envious

    2 2.90%
  • TDS

    19 27.54%
  • They know he's right

    13 18.84%
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 569

Thread: Main reason Trump is hated

  1. #201
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
    I can only speak for myself. During the 2016 Republican primary I wanted Trump to be nominated by the Republicans. The reason was not because I though it would be easy for the Democrat candidate to defeat him. The reason was that he seemed to be a different kind of Republican, one who cared about those left behind by economic changes. He was once described as "a third party candidate running as a Republican." Then as soon as he was inaugurated he cut taxes for the rich.

    In other words, Trump was following the Reagan playbook. Like Reagan he appealed to nostalgia for the 1950's, when the top tax rate was usually 91%, and when one third of the work force belonged to labor unions. Then he tried to restore as much as he could of the economic status quo of the 1920's, when the top tax rate declined to 25%, and labor unions were weak.

    It was only after Trump became president that I learned how dishonest, vulgar, inarticulate, lacking in gravitas, and unpresidential Trump is. I think he is intellectually, psychologically, and morally unsuited for his position.
    Don't you get it that a reasonable corporate tax rate means companies can expand and create jobs?

    And Trump cut taxes for all so y the focus on one group? Oh yeh... politics

  2. #202
    Guru
    SmartCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    North East USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by 2distracted View Post
    Don't you get it that a reasonable corporate tax rate means companies can expand and create jobs?

    And Trump cut taxes for all so y the focus on one group? Oh yeh... politics
    Rich people do not hire people when they have more money. They hire people when they have more customers, even if they have to borrow money to do it. They have more customers when Democrat governments raise their taxes and spread the money around. That is why Democrats have better records on job creation.

    Main reason Trump is hated-payroll-expansion-presdient-jpg

    Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

    From Truman to Bush: Presidential Employment Gains - The Big Picture
    Attached Images Attached Images Main reason Trump is hated-payroll-expansion-presdient-jpg 

  3. #203
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    122,258

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by 2distracted View Post
    Don't you get it that a reasonable corporate tax rate means companies can expand and create jobs?

    And Trump cut taxes for all so y the focus on one group? Oh yeh... politics
    That's a false assumption.
    ByeDon 2020

  4. #204
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    122,258

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Trump is hated because he can't even try to talk people off a ledge. Instead, he eggs them on to jump. Last night he turned off the lights and hid in the bunker. That is why he is hated.
    ByeDon 2020

  5. #205
    Sage
    uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,586

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Trump is hated because he can't even try to talk people off a ledge. Instead, he eggs them on to jump. Last night he turned off the lights and hid in the bunker. That is why he is hated.
    That and the one option the OP missed. He's hated because he's a c***.

    I had to laugh at the image of him being so inconvenienced he was sent huffing to the bunker while the Secret Service probably pissed themselves with laughter.
    I don't take responsibility at all. - Donald J. Trump

  6. #206
    Sage
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,838

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    That and the one option the OP missed. He's hated because he's a c***.

    I had to laugh at the image of him being so inconvenienced he was sent huffing to the bunker while the Secret Service probably pissed themselves with laughter.
    I would add he is not a decent, honorable man.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  7. #207
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    122,258

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    White House: Obama vs Trump

    Main reason Trump is hated-98608097-375e-4385-a6c6-971c1c434334-jpg
    ByeDon 2020

  8. #208
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
    Rich people do not hire people when they have more money. They hire people when they have more customers, even if they have to borrow money to do it. They have more customers when Democrat governments raise their taxes and spread the money around. That is why Democrats have better records on job creation.

    Main reason Trump is hated-payroll-expansion-presdient-jpg

    Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

    From Truman to Bush: Presidential Employment Gains - The Big Picture
    Businesses have more customers when said customers have more $$$ to spend bc the government hasn't taken damn near all of it

  9. #209
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    07-06-20 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    34,096

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by 2distracted View Post
    What's main reason Trump is So hated
    TDS. Mostly because he doesn't have a D next to his name.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #210
    Sage
    uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,586

    Re: Main reason Trump is hated

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    I would add he is not a decent, honorable man.
    Thanks, you said it better than I did.
    I don't take responsibility at all. - Donald J. Trump

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •