View Poll Results: Title

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 40.00%
  • No

    9 60.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120

Thread: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,606

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Obama could string to coherent sentences together without saying how "incredible" or "amazing" he is. Trump still claims he stopped the virus by stopping Chinese people from coming here and we now have over 100,000 cases because Trump thought only the Chinese could carry the virus. That is moronic behavior.
    credible proof required for those claims. Here is the issue. People-such as you-have been complaining nonstop about Trump since before he was sworn into office. It is hard to tell what is honest criticism or hysterical boo hooing when it comes from those of you who have been bashing Trump 24/7 for over three years
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  2. #112
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,391

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    So what exactly is your goal here? To accentuate the hysteria over this virus, or to feed into Trump bashing?
    To get a straight answer on the number of deaths due to CV in Italy. You disputed the published 900 number. I inquired for the reasons.

    You seem to be accusing me, however I'd ask why you'd be minimizing the real numbers, if you are?

    Can you provide?
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

  3. #113
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by AmNat View Post
    Simple question. Are you willing to go hungry during a depression, so that a handful of immunocompromised coronavirus patients can live a little bit longer (before dying of something else)?
    Not really applicable in my situation since I grow all year round to one degree or another, but even if I did not my answer would still be no. I might be willing to go hungry some to feed friends or family but that is as far as I would go. Not my fault others are sick and not my duty to save them.

  4. #114
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,606

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    To get a straight answer on the number of deaths due to CV in Italy. You disputed the published 900 number. I inquired for the reasons.

    You seem to be accusing me, however I'd ask why you'd be minimizing the real numbers, if you are?

    Can you provide?
    Did you not understand what I wrote? I said I am reporting what I heard-that Italy was counting as a Corona death everyone who had it when they died.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    39,438

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    credible proof required for those claims. Here is the issue. People-such as you-have been complaining nonstop about Trump since before he was sworn into office. It is hard to tell what is honest criticism or hysterical boo hooing when it comes from those of you who have been bashing Trump 24/7 for over three years
    What does that have to do with the things Trump has done with Covid 19? Have you thought of the possibility that Trump is just really a bad President and a crisis like this only makes him even worse?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  6. #116
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,606

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What does that have to do with the things Trump has done with Covid 19? Have you thought of the possibility that Trump is just really a bad President and a crisis like this only makes him even worse?
    you've been saying he's a bad president before he even took office, so pardon me if I don't find your assessment to have much merit
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    39,438

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you've been saying he's a bad president before he even took office, so pardon me if I don't find your assessment to have much merit
    This is not a popularity contest, he has badly mishandled this crisis and we are just starting to see the results. The fact is Trump has stripped down as much of the Govt. as he could get away with and has fired countless numbers of the very people we needed so desperately when it appeared in China a short 4 months ago. Those that have run the simulations and know what to expect and how to handle it. Trump vain and nefarious attempt to purge all but his rabid supporters from the ranks of our public servants has made us weak in so many ways. I hope you are happy. I do blame you.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 03-27-20 at 10:58 PM.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  8. #118
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    232,606

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    This is not a popularity contest, he has badly mishandled this crisis and we are just starting to see the results. The fact is Trump has stripped down as much of the Govt. as he could get away with and has fired countless numbers of the very people we needed so desperately when it appeared in China a short 4 months ago. Those that have run the simulations and know what to expect. Trump vain's and nefarious attempt to purge all but his rabid supporters from the ranks of our public servants has made us weak in so many ways.
    cool story, I am not buying it
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    39,438

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    cool story, I am not buying it
    I expect there will be a lot denial this year so you might as well start now.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    - Voltaire

  10. #120
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    61,391

    Re: Are You Willing to Starve to Marginally Reduce the Mortality Rate of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Did you not understand what I wrote? I said I am reporting what I heard-that Italy was counting as a Corona death everyone who had it when they died.
    This is what you wrote, and then you doubled-down on 'secondary infection/conditions:

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    As I understand things 900 people with the virus died but many of them did not die because of the virus.

    Why would anyone smile over this?
    If you get a secondary infection, etc 'because of the virus' it was caused by the virus. 2ndary infections high numbers of deaths for flu, and all AIDS deaths (afaik), etc...and are 'caused by the flu and AIDS.

    Now...why did you dispute that claim? My guess: you wanted to minimize the importance of the real numbers for your own agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Social distancing has nothing to do with preventing pandemic casualties.
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Why try to prove things when science has never even tried to prove anything?
    RE: Italy's mortality rate
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Perhaps it because their population is so old(their own doing)?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •