View Poll Results: If Biden Wins the Nomination What Will You Do?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll vote for Biden

    5 71.43%
  • I'll vote 3rd Party

    0 0%
  • I won't vote at all

    1 14.29%
  • I'll vote for trump

    1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

  1. #1
    Chest Model
    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,783

    To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    If Bernie does not win the nomination and Biden does what will you do?

    1. I'll vote 3rd Party
    2. I won't vote at all
    3. I'll vote for Trump
    3. I'll vote for Biden

    I'd just like to get a non-scientific idea on where Bernie supporters stand. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    We need McCarthy back.

  2. #2
    Professor TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by lurchadams View Post
    If Bernie does not win the nomination and Biden does what will you do?

    1. I'll vote 3rd Party
    2. I won't vote at all
    3. I'll vote for Trump
    3. I'll vote for Biden

    I'd just like to get a non-scientific idea on where Bernie supporters stand. Thanks.
    I pick the second "3".
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

  3. #3
    Chest Model
    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,783

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Sorry, I had a beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    We need McCarthy back.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,054

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    i'll be voting against the orange fool.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by lurchadams View Post
    If Bernie does not win the nomination and Biden does what will you do?

    1. I'll vote 3rd Party
    2. I won't vote at all
    3. I'll vote for Trump
    3. I'll vote for Biden

    I'd just like to get a non-scientific idea on where Bernie supporters stand. Thanks.
    It'll be interesting to see how many non-Bernie supporters this thread ultimately attracts; it's a good thing you made the poll non-anonymous.

    To be frank, while once upon a time I was on board to vote blue no matter who, it's getting to the point where it depends. Biden just stuck a needle in my eye in saying that he would probably outright veto a compromised MFA bill that somehow made it through the House and Senate. Beyond that, if his running mate is another Tim Kaine tier slap in the face, while he takes nothing of substance from Sanders' platform, as if the moderate wing has learned exactly nothing from 2016, I'm not going to lie: I'll be exceedingly tempted to sit this one out.
    "The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it." -Alberto Brandolini

  6. #6
    WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
    MovingPictures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,889
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    The vast majority will vote Biden, including many who can't stand him, simply to end Trump's tyranny.

    Yes, there will be 10-20% that won't support our nominee. This happens every election, we just don't talk about it.

  7. #7
    Chest Model
    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,783

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how many non-Bernie supporters this thread ultimately attracts; it's a good thing you made the poll non-anonymous.

    To be frank, while once upon a time I was on board to vote blue no matter who, it's getting to the point where it depends. Biden just stuck a needle in my eye in saying that he would probably outright veto a compromised MFA bill that somehow made it through the House and Senate. Beyond that, if his running mate is another Tim Kaine tier slap in the face, while he takes nothing of substance from Sanders' platform, as if the moderate wing has learned exactly nothing from 2016, I'm not going to lie: I'll be exceedingly tempted to sit this one out.
    Fair enough. This is the type of feedback I was looking for!
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    We need McCarthy back.

  8. #8
    Guru swing_voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,474

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Bernie voters don't turn up to vote apparently.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by lurchadams View Post
    Fair enough. This is the type of feedback I was looking for!
    This is coming from a Sanders supporter who voted for Clinton by the way.

    I figure that by now the moderate lane should know better than to take the left's support for granted, and if they commit the exact same errors per their own unchecked hubris, despite what should have been a greatly instructive election in 2016, they deserve to lose; there is power in not voting as well.
    "The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it." -Alberto Brandolini

  10. #10
    Chest Model
    lurchadams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Seattle Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,783

    Re: To Bernie Supporters: What's your Plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    This is coming from a Sanders supporter who voted for Clinton by the way.

    I figure that by now the moderate lane should know better than to take the left's support for granted, and if they commit the exact same errors per their own unchecked hubris, despite what should have been a greatly instructive election in 2016, they deserve to lose; there is power in not voting as well.
    There's also the danger that trump will be reelected and both our democracy and reputation as a world leader will continue to erode.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    We need McCarthy back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •