View Poll Results: How Many WH Press Briefings By 1JUL20?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero

    4 57.14%
  • 1-3

    2 28.57%
  • 3-6

    0 0%
  • Over six

    1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

  1. #1
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,833

    Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    What’s the over/under?
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  2. #2
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,833

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Stephanie Grisham was assigned WH Press Secretary on 1JUL19.
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  3. #3
    Sage
    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    03-23-20 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,656

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Monday that she is not likely to conduct a White House press briefing anytime in the near future, deriding the once-regular sessions as an act of “theater” for reporters seeking “to get famous” during the televised news conferences.

    "Not right now," Grisham told the hosts of "Fox & Friends," when asked whether the White House will resume its daily press briefing, a longstanding practice under President Donald Trump's predecessors.

    “I mean, ultimately, if the president decides that it's something we should do, we can do that, but right now he’s doing just fine,” she continued. “And to be honest, the briefings have become a lot of theater. And I think that a lot of reporters were doing it to get famous. I mean, yeah, they’re writing books now. I mean, they’re all getting famous off of this presidency. And so, I think it's great what we're doing now.”

    Grisham, who has rarely participated in on-camera interviews since becoming press secretary in June, praised her boss as “his own best spokesperson” and claimed he is “the most accessible president in history, as all of the media knows” — citing Trump’s frequent informal gaggles with the White House press corps.

    Grisham also suggested that reporters’ criticisms of the president’s previous press secretaries, Sean Spicer and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, played a role in Trump’s decision to discontinue the briefings.

    White House press secretary says daily briefings aren't coming back any time soon - POLITICO
    Attorney General William Barr: “The fact of the matter is that, in waging a scorched earth, no-holds-barred war of 'Resistance' against this Administration,
    it is the Left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law.”

  4. #4
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,833

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense 1 View Post
    White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Monday that she is not likely to conduct a White House press briefing anytime in the near future, deriding the once-regular sessions as an act of “theater” for reporters seeking “to get famous” during the televised news conferences.

    "Not right now," Grisham told the hosts of "Fox & Friends," when asked whether the White House will resume its daily press briefing, a longstanding practice under President Donald Trump's predecessors.

    “I mean, ultimately, if the president decides that it's something we should do, we can do that, but right now he’s doing just fine,” she continued. “And to be honest, the briefings have become a lot of theater. And I think that a lot of reporters were doing it to get famous. I mean, yeah, they’re writing books now. I mean, they’re all getting famous off of this presidency. And so, I think it's great what we're doing now.”

    Grisham, who has rarely participated in on-camera interviews since becoming press secretary in June, praised her boss as “his own best spokesperson” and claimed he is “the most accessible president in history, as all of the media knows” — citing Trump’s frequent informal gaggles with the White House press corps.

    Grisham also suggested that reporters’ criticisms of the president’s previous press secretaries, Sean Spicer and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, played a role in Trump’s decision to discontinue the briefings.

    White House press secretary says daily briefings aren't coming back any time soon - POLITICO
    Might have been a good idea to discontinue the position.........
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  5. #5
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,473

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    Stephanie Grisham was assigned WH Press Secretary on 1JUL19.
    Stephanie who?

    Just joking. I've never seen her hold even one press conference. She simply reads a press release on the driveway and that's it. Gone. Poof.

    I think they realized sometime before The Shuckabee called it quits that the media was simply not going to accept the lies in silence.

    btw - Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer have rejoined the Trump administration. Their new roles are unclear.


    After he frittered away January, February, and half of March, Trump now says he’ll have done “a very good job” if only 100,000 of us die of COVID.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    03-23-20 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,656

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    Might have been a good idea to discontinue the position.........
    It's a government job... they never go away.
    Attorney General William Barr: “The fact of the matter is that, in waging a scorched earth, no-holds-barred war of 'Resistance' against this Administration,
    it is the Left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law.”

  7. #7
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,833

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense 1 View Post
    It's a government job... they never go away.
    Tell that to the pandemic crew.............and all the unfilled government jobs in this administration.
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  8. #8
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,473

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense 1 View Post
    It's a government job... they never go away.
    $175,000 a year to do little if anything.


    After he frittered away January, February, and half of March, Trump now says he’ll have done “a very good job” if only 100,000 of us die of COVID.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Common Sense 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    03-23-20 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    8,656

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    Tell that to the pandemic crew.............and all the unfilled government jobs in this administration.
    Not happy with Trump?
    Attorney General William Barr: “The fact of the matter is that, in waging a scorched earth, no-holds-barred war of 'Resistance' against this Administration,
    it is the Left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law.”

  10. #10
    Sage
    HumblePi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,881

    Re: Stephanie Grisham/WH Press Secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Stephanie who?

    Just joking. I've never seen her hold even one press conference. She simply reads a press release on the driveway and that's it. Gone. Poof.

    I think they realized sometime before The Shuckabee called it quits that the media was simply not going to accept the lies in silence.

    btw - Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer have rejoined the Trump administration. Their new roles are unclear.
    Trump has run out of loyalists to appoint in 'acting' positions, so he's going to have to recycle people like Reince Priebus and Sean Spicer. Priebus was seen as weak and ineffective when he was in the White House so he was replaced with John Kelly. When Reince Priebus was chief of staff he was continually being undercut by Steve Bannon and Jared Kushner,







    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    There are virtually no Child molestations in the Catholic Church.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Mock someone with a handicap? Sure. Why are handicapped people different then anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •