View Poll Results: Who can beat Trump? (In 2020 presidential election)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanders, Bernard

    24 43.64%
  • Biden, Joseph

    12 21.82%
  • Bloomberg, Michael

    17 30.91%
  • Warren, Elizabeth

    11 20.00%
  • Buttigieg, Peter

    14 25.45%
  • Klobuchar, Amy

    16 29.09%
  • Steyer, Thomas

    8 14.55%
  • Gabbard, Tulsi

    8 14.55%
  • Other

    23 41.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 205

Thread: Who can beat Trump?

  1. #51
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    64,711

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    It's gonna be Bloomberg with Hellery as his running mate. Write this down and tell your pals you heard it here.
    Wanna make a bet on that?

  2. #52
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    20,996

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    For an 'independent" you seem to ignore the true independent vote which truly decides presidential elections,along with turnout.
    There are no independents. Studies have found that those that claim to be independent often have more partisan voting records than those that identify with a political party. Everything is about turnout.

    The only swing votes are those that tend to be less politically engaged.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #53
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,660

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Hate to bring logic to this discussion but here goes. What percent of likely voters would you say are "on his side". We know that trump won by a tiny percent in a few key states that Hillary did a poor job in. That also includes the folks who were ticked off that Bernie got cheated out of the nomination by the DNC in 2016.

    At the end of the day, policies are what will matter for those not tied to one party or the other. Trump in addition has essentially a boat anchor tied to him due to his crass nature that many did not expect of him as president.

    Democrats almost have to work to lose a presidential election in the early part of the 21st century. Not sure they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again in 2020.
    You are wrong. Trump is more likely to win at this point than lose. Don't underestimate his support, or the fact that his base's votes count for more than yours. Don't underestimate the hardships that people have to face to vote in cities than they do in red areas. The left was certain Hillary was going to win in 2016 and that confidence made alot of people stay home due to inconvenience and pure laziness. Trump is beatable, but it won't be easy and it surely isn't a case of snatching defeat from victory.
    I reply to almost every post. If I don't reply it is because our conversation reached a conclusion or because you are on ignore and I don't consider you worth talking to.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,169

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    There is no true independent vote with this type election. There is very very very few people in this country who are on the fence on whether or not they like Trump. Whether the election was held today, July, or November Trumps voters are Trumps voters. He has his base, they aren't moving.

    This election is all about whether or not the left and the those who don't support Trump can unite to bring him down. It is also about whether or not the left can put someone forward who can motivate people to get up and vote and move the 3rd party voters to supporting their candidate.
    You seem to forget or prhaps never understood that elections are about choices. We don't get to vote for our favorite candidate. We get two choices for intents and purposes. So I reject your notion completely.

    I will happily vote against Trump. That being said I will either vote third party or stay home if Bernie is the nominee.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,169

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You are wrong. Trump is more likely to win at this point than lose. Don't underestimate his support, or the fact that his base's votes count for more than yours. Don't underestimate the hardships that people have to face to vote in cities than they do in red areas. The left was certain Hillary was going to win in 2016 and that confidence made alot of people stay home due to inconvenience and pure laziness. Trump is beatable, but it won't be easy and it surely isn't a case of snatching defeat from victory.
    Check the electoral map and get back to me.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,660

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    You seem to forget or prhaps never understood that elections are about choices. We don't get to vote for our favorite candidate. We get two choices for intents and purposes. So I reject your notion completely.

    I will happily vote against Trump. That being said I will either vote third party or stay home if Bernie is the nominee.
    So then if Bernie is the nominee you support Trump. You are exactly my point that you are trying so hard to argue against.
    I reply to almost every post. If I don't reply it is because our conversation reached a conclusion or because you are on ignore and I don't consider you worth talking to.

  7. #57
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Do you think Russians will trick you into voting for Trump again? That is your claim, isn't it?
    Huh? I was not tricked the first time. You are asking the wrong person that question.
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

  8. #58
    Sensational
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,126
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Donkey View Post
    Huh? I was not tricked the first time. You are asking the wrong person that question.
    You posted that Trump stole the election. How do you say he did that?
    How do you like being under government ordered house arrest for the crime of existing?

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,169

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    So then if Bernie is the nominee you support Trump. You are exactly my point that you are trying so hard to argue against.
    Where did I say I would support Trump??? I care too much for the well-being of my child to vote for bernie.

  10. #60
    Guru Blue Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: Who can beat Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You are wrong. Trump is more likely to win at this point than lose. Don't underestimate his support, or the fact that his base's votes count for more than yours. Don't underestimate the hardships that people have to face to vote in cities than they do in red areas. The left was certain Hillary was going to win in 2016 and that confidence made alot of people stay home due to inconvenience and pure laziness. Trump is beatable, but it won't be easy and it surely isn't a case of snatching defeat from victory.
    You do realize all votes count equally, correct? And that Trump haters can vote absentee? Can't people who expect Trump to win stay nome? I am sure everything you said goes both ways. Give us a reason it is impossible for only the left side to be unable to vote for its nominee and have too much optmism to think their votes matter.
    Jesus rode a donkey, not an elephant.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •