View Poll Results: Am I right about the national divide?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Need more info

    0 0%
  • Yes, you are right.

    2 40.00%
  • No, you are wrong.

    3 60.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: National divide: Am I right?

  1. #11
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    310

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Clinton was a terrible alternative to Trump. Trump is an EC president.

    There's a reason why the GOP is doing everything possible to purge the voter rolls in select states.
    Then Lindsey came to understand that Trump does represent his party and he quickly fell into line. I once thought that not every Republican is a racist, but that every racist I knew was a Republican. Now I think anyone supporting Trump is a racist, which would include Lindsey.

  2. #12
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    02-18-20 @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,236

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
    You are making this something that it is not.

    Stop giving the American swing voter too much credit. They are not nearly as bright as the media paints them. In fact, most of them are astonishingly dumb.

    Matt Pearce �� on Twitter: "Hard to overstate how unpredictable talking to voters can be: Melissa from Algona, Iowa, caucused for Bernie in 2016, then voted for a Trump; she supports Medicare for All but supports Buttigieg, but will likely vote for Trump again if Buttigieg doesn’t win the Dem nomination.… https://t.co/OfJrvqEQpq"


    This is why these peoples should not be taken seriously. They vote entirely based on what side of the bed they wake up on.
    They have a rather astonishing ability to scoff at anything they dont personally experience too.

  3. #13
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62,178

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
    You are making this something that it is not.

    Stop giving the American swing voter too much credit. They are not nearly as bright as the media paints them. In fact, most of them are astonishingly dumb.

    Matt Pearce 🦅 on Twitter: "Hard to overstate how unpredictable talking to voters can be: Melissa from Algona, Iowa, caucused for Bernie in 2016, then voted for a Trump; she supports Medicare for All but supports Buttigieg, but will likely vote for Trump again if Buttigieg doesn’t win the Dem nomination.… https://t.co/OfJrvqEQpq"


    This is why these peoples should not be taken seriously. They vote entirely based on what side of the bed they wake up on.
    I continue my lonely call for voters to have to pass the Citizenship Exam as part of the Registration process.
    I feel sorry for people like you so principled
    No, Really. Winter is Coming.

  4. #14
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62,178

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by bomberfox View Post
    They have a rather astonishing ability to scoff at anything they dont personally experience too.
    I forget who said it, but someone once drew out a very good argument that much of America's problems re: our idiot voters is that Americans tend to assume that anything outside of their direct personal experience is simple, and that therefore failures to fix [simple thing] must be the result not of it's complexity and unavoidable terrible trade-offs, but rather malfeasance or idiocy among those charged with overseeing it.
    I feel sorry for people like you so principled
    No, Really. Winter is Coming.

  5. #15
    WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
    MovingPictures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I continue my lonely call for voters to have to pass the Citizenship Exam as part of the Registration process.
    Brother, you got a friend in me on that.

  6. #16
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    02-18-20 @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,236

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I forget who said it, but someone once drew out a very good argument that much of America's problems re: our idiot voters is that Americans tend to assume that anything outside of their direct personal experience is simple, and that therefore failures to fix [simple thing] must be the result not of it's complexity and unavoidable terrible trade-offs, but rather malfeasance or idiocy among those charged with overseeing it.
    I can see that.

  7. #17
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62,178

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by bomberfox View Post
    I can see that.
    I like it because it bites both ways. For every Bernie Bro in 2020 who is sure that this time - This Time! - Bernie will be elected and then we will have Single Payer Because He Will....Do That Thing... That President's Do....And Stuff.... there was a Trump Fan in 2016 Really Sure that Trump Would Build That Wall And Mexico Would Pay For It... Because He Would.... Do That Thing... That President's Do.... And Stuff....
    I feel sorry for people like you so principled
    No, Really. Winter is Coming.

  8. #18
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    02-18-20 @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,236

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I like it because it bites both ways. For every Bernie Bro in 2020 who is sure that this time - This Time! - Bernie will be elected and then we will have Single Payer Because He Will....Do That Thing... That President's Do....And Stuff.... there was a Trump Fan in 2016 Really Sure that Trump Would Build That Wall And Mexico Would Pay For It... Because He Would.... Do That Thing... That President's Do.... And Stuff....
    Yeah im a bernie fan though i look for people who will at least honestly try to deliver on what they promise, if they cant then its no biggie. I dont expect Bernie to get everything.

  9. #19
    Neocon Cultural Elitist
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,662

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I continue my lonely call for voters to have to pass the Citizenship Exam as part of the Registration process.
    Not that you don't have my support in the idea that many people are far less informed or sensible than they think they are.....

    However, the funny thing about these tests is it never seems to be evenly applied to dumbass white voters, but will 100% impact the people who vote differently than the dumbass white voters.
    A message to both the Left and the Right. Ari Ne'eman-"People with disabilities deserve better than to be used as props in the country’s ongoing — and so far stalemated — arguments over gun control." https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-obama-liberty

  10. #20
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    62,178

    Re: National divide: Am I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Not that you don't have my support in the idea that many people are far less informed or sensible than they think they are.....

    However, the funny thing about these tests is it never seems to be evenly applied to dumbass white voters, but will 100% impact the people who vote differently than the dumbass white voters.
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about applying it to only some voters.

    Pass the Test, vote in the federal election. Don't pass the test feel free to try again.

    Think of it like the Drivers Exam.
    I feel sorry for people like you so principled
    No, Really. Winter is Coming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •