View Poll Results: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • they are wrong on Roe v Wade

    1 3.57%
  • they are wrong on trade

    0 0%
  • they are wrong on foreign affairs

    0 0%
  • most of their people are dishonest

    3 10.71%
  • they cannot see reason most of the time

    3 10.71%
  • their views on govt and taxes

    1 3.57%
  • other or all of the above

    20 71.43%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78

Thread: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

  1. #71
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,637

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    I find particularly annoying the left's attitude that they are naturally smarter than conservatives and that as liberals they have decoded the future which will be..., big surprise..., more liberal!
    I find it particularly annoying that you just assume we're wrong despite the mountain of evidence that demonstrates pretty unequivocally that we are correct.
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  2. #72
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,637

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Elitism, both parties.
    The lefts elitism is based upon knowledge and evidence. Where as the rights elitism is based upon willful ignorance and faith.

    I mean you could get mad at Ken Jennings for saying he's the greatest Jeopardy player off all time, but while that may be a bit snobbish of him to say so the evidence clearly demonstrates he is correct. Conservatives are like some guy whose family just won a match of Family Fued walking around acting like they're smarter than Ken Jennings.

    They may both come across kind of dickish, but Jennings can at least back it up while the conservative is seriously delusional.
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  3. #73
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,637

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    1. Their visceral hatred for President Trump has blinded them so much that they cannot behave like grownup and rational human beings.
    Wrong, you have that backwards. The President's and his supporters are so consumed by visceral hatred for minorities and other religions that they cannot behave like grownup and rational human beings. Which is why we hate them.

    By saying you dislike Democrats for this reason you have proven that Democrats are right to hate Republicans.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    2. Their concentration on impeachment has wasted two years that could have been spent on truly important issues, such as healthcare, immigration, equitable taxation, etc.
    Then you're also living in a dreamlike alternate reality if you actually think Mitch McConnell would actually allow any of those important issues to be solved.

    Here's a Reality Check for you. Since taking control of the House Nanci Pelosi and Democrats have passed literally hundreds of bills that would solve all of these problems all while investigating Trump. But not a single solitary one of these bills that would solve any of those problems has been taken up or discussed in anyway shape or form by the Senate because Mitch McConnell wont allow that. He's to busy helping a known traitor put judges on the bench to subvert our constitution.

    Unlike Republicans Democrats in Congress can walk and chew gum at the same time. In fact, they can walk, chew bubble gum pass legislation that improves the lives of Americans and impeach a President all at once. They're pretty talented actually.
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  4. #74
    Professor
    eman623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    I find it particularly annoying that you just assume we're wrong despite the mountain of evidence that demonstrates pretty unequivocally that we are correct.
    Thanks for offering evidence in favor of my position. Most people, and absolutely most liberals are not half as smart as they think they are.
    "You are free and that is why you are lost." - Franz Kafka

  5. #75
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,637

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    Thanks for offering evidence in favor of my position. Most people, and absolutely most liberals are not half as smart as they think they are.
    You don't get to just say that and make it true. That indicates that YOU are the one who is claiming to be smarter than you really are. What the evidence actually shows is that people with lower childhood IQs tend to become more Conservative as Adults.

    Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Live Science
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  6. #76
    Professor
    eman623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    You don't get to just say that and make it true. That indicates that YOU are the one who is claiming to be smarter than you really are. What the evidence actually shows is that people with lower childhood IQs tend to become more Conservative as Adults.

    Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Live Science
    You keep making my points for me. Liberals don't assume conservatives are less smart than they because I say so. You yourself offered up yet another example.

    As for your misinterpretation of the study, A) this is not the UK, B) social conservatism is not the same thing as political conservatism and C) you conveniently and dishonestly ignore possible cultural and social test biases when it suits your agenda.

    Studies have also shown that blacks score lower on IQ tests than whites. But no self-respecting liberal would ever suggest that blacks are inherently less smart than whites. They will cite things like education and cultural bias in the tests. And rightly so. But change "blacks" to "conservatives" and ah! The only possible explanation for a conservative to score lower is because they're "stewwwpid"!

    Whatever. As a conservative, even a genius one like me (and yes I am a genius. My IQ is 139 and I used to be a member of Mensa) one must simply get used to it. Certainly every Republican president in my lifetime has been declared less smart than the Democratic ones - often backed up with similar bias-confirming "studies". In my experience conservatives and liberals are about the same in terms of intelligence.
    "You are free and that is why you are lost." - Franz Kafka

  7. #77
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,637

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    You keep making my points for me. Liberals don't assume conservatives are less smart than they because I say so. You yourself offered up yet another example.
    You're not listening and you're proving me correct. What I said is that you believe that YOU are smarter because you say so. I believe we're smarter because we have the evidence to back it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    As for your misinterpretation of the study, A) this is not the UK,
    Irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    B) social conservatism is not the same thing as political conservatism
    Yes, it pretty much is. The Republican party is made up almost entirely of Social Conservatives. That is Trump's base.

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    and C) you conveniently and dishonestly ignore possible cultural and social test biases when it suits your agenda.
    Sorry, but you don't get to try and explain racism, homophobia and sexism away with Culture. If that's your culture, then your culture is racist. I was raised in the exact same culture. If I was smart enough to see through that bull**** and learn how to be a better human being then everyone else with a brain in their head should be able to do it as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    Studies have also shown that blacks score lower on IQ tests than whites. But no self-respecting liberal would ever suggest that blacks are inherently less smart than whites. They will cite things like education and cultural bias in the tests. And rightly so.
    This isn't a math test. It's a racism test. Why you failed it doesn't matter as much as the fact that you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    But change "blacks" to "conservatives" and ah! The only possible explanation for a conservative to score lower is because they're "stewwwpid"!
    Conservative isn't a skin color, it's an ideology. If you're IDEAS are stupid and racist then it is fair to classify the IDEOLOGY you support as stupid to, and if you support a stupid IDEOLOGY then you are stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    In my experience conservatives and liberals are about the same in terms of intelligence.
    First, IQ measures your ability to learn, but not necessarily your desire to learn. My experience is that most conservatives are of Average intelligence where as most liberals tend to occupy the very low IQs and the very High IQs. On average it may work out, but if you look at exit polling of the last few Presidents what you'll find is that people with very little education tend to vote Democrat whereas people with moderate education vote Republican, but when when you look voters with even more education they tend to go back to being Democrats.

    It's kind of like how weak guys tend to avoid fighting because they don't want to get their ass kicked. Where as average to above average guys tend to seek it out more because they want to prove how tough they are, but then when you know you're a bad ass and you don't feel like you have anything to prove you tend to see it as your responsibility to help those who are weak.
    Obstruction of Justice also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority.

  8. #78
    Professor
    eman623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,674

    Re: What do you dislike most about the opposing party (please abstain from mere invective)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    You're not listening and you're proving me correct. What I said is that you believe that YOU are smarter because you say so. I believe we're smarter because we have the evidence to back it up.


    Irrelevant.


    Yes, it pretty much is. The Republican party is made up almost entirely of Social Conservatives. That is Trump's base.


    Sorry, but you don't get to try and explain racism, homophobia and sexism away with Culture. If that's your culture, then your culture is racist. I was raised in the exact same culture. If I was smart enough to see through that bull**** and learn how to be a better human being then everyone else with a brain in their head should be able to do it as well.


    This isn't a math test. It's a racism test. Why you failed it doesn't matter as much as the fact that you did.


    Conservative isn't a skin color, it's an ideology. If you're IDEAS are stupid and racist then it is fair to classify the IDEOLOGY you support as stupid to, and if you support a stupid IDEOLOGY then you are stupid.


    First, IQ measures your ability to learn, but not necessarily your desire to learn. My experience is that most conservatives are of Average intelligence where as most liberals tend to occupy the very low IQs and the very High IQs. On average it may work out, but if you look at exit polling of the last few Presidents what you'll find is that people with very little education tend to vote Democrat whereas people with moderate education vote Republican, but when when you look voters with even more education they tend to go back to being Democrats.

    It's kind of like how weak guys tend to avoid fighting because they don't want to get their ass kicked. Where as average to above average guys tend to seek it out more because they want to prove how tough they are, but then when you know you're a bad ass and you don't feel like you have anything to prove you tend to see it as your responsibility to help those who are weak.
    I never said conservatives are smarter than liberals. I find them about the same in terms of smartness. I'm smarter than most people and I do have evidence to back up that claim.

    Your study is still misinterpreted, irrelevant, cherry-picked and uses a double-standard for a pleasing bias-confirming result.

    Speaking of those who are weak, you have called me (and conservatives) less smart multiple times. Leaving aside the irony of being called stupid in a debate about why liberals call conservatives stupid, if the best defense is a good offense, then a bad offense is a horrible defense.
    "You are free and that is why you are lost." - Franz Kafka

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •